Home

Greg Ostertag - Offensive Crasher or Eraser?

This is a discussion on Greg Ostertag - Offensive Crasher or Eraser? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Greg Ostertag - Offensive Crasher or Eraser?

Snagged a Bronze Ostertag for a fairly decent price the other day, and I have been having some success with him as a nice role player.

But...he only comes with ONE Badge - Bruiser.

I'm not sure which badge to add to him. In the past, I've added Eraser...which decreases FG% around the rim. But I am considering Offensive Crasher instead.

Which is the way to go?

He has an 89 in Off Reb...and a 94 in Block. But only a 60 in HelpD IQ.

I know it's only Ostertag...not exactly a 'flashy' card...but I like to play different guys and save MT by finding solid Bronze and Silver role players, like I'm building a real team.

Anyway...thoughts on which badge is best to give him...also any thoughts or experiences when it comes to the Eraser and Offensive Crasher badges in general is welcome.

I'm late to 2K16 this year...and playing catch-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Greg Ostertag - Offensive Crasher or Eraser?

I'd definitely put Eraser on him. It'll play a role in way more possessions than OCrasher. I'd think about DCrasher long before OCrasher.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I'd definitely put Eraser on him. It'll play a role in way more possessions than OCrasher. I'd think about DCrasher long before OCrasher.
what he said. If a card has a high rebounding rating, especially a bronze, thats enough for me without the badge. my thing is....he shouldve came with both! I dont understand how 2k gives cards with 90 rating in passing but dont give dimer badge. 90 rating in blocks, but no Eraser. 90 in rebounding but no Crasher. smh
Old 12-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
MVP

Wait...are Badges like Eraser cheap on your platform? Eraser is typically thousands of MT in the PC AH. So I'd never put that on a Bronze. *Maybe* on a Silver for 3 Gold RttP rounds and restricted Challenges, but never a Bronze...
Old 12-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Wait...are Badges like Eraser cheap on your platform? Eraser is typically thousands of MT in the PC AH. So I'd never put that on a Bronze. *Maybe* on a Silver for 3 Gold RttP rounds and restricted Challenges, but never a Bronze...
Eraser is a little pricey...

But I have a different way of looking at things. I like to find solid Bronze role players who can fill in and play a few minutes here and there, even if it's as a one-dimensional role player.

I just like the long term value of these cards. I can buy 5 contracts for a Bronze for 40 MT, which is 8 MT/gm.

I'm a bit of a nerd...and this is part of what I like about MyTeam. The idea of building a team with a salary cap or financial element built in.

Personally, I don't understand the 'Dream Team" or super-team view that others have. I mean, what is the point of having an Amethyst card as your 10th man?

I know some people do it so they can sub in and out in "waves" with a 1st team, a 2nd team, and 3 other guys. But I prefer versatile players and an 8, maybe 9, man rotation. Something that gives me the ability to adjust my play style by making 1 or 2 subs.

I'm not too worried about RTTP...

Although, I'm late to this year's 2K...so I've only started RTTP...I've played 5 or 6 games, I think...and I'm only at the 2nd stage. So a solid Bronze like Ostertag has value as a starter right now for me.

But beyond that...I will still use the card - a lot. I just like the value at 8 MT/gm. Especially when I get solid production out of the card. Ostertag plays well above most Bronze players...the only thing I don't like is his FT shooting.

He's not a post up threat, but he can rebound, block shots, and roll to the rim. That's all I need for a backup big man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If this year's Ostertag card is anything like last year's Ostertag card, then his vertical leap is so pathetic that he won't be blocking anybody's shot except tiny point guards, so eraser would be a huge waste of MT.

I'd give him post lockdown defender or bruiser instead. Bruiser's probably the better pick for RTTP because hardly anyone actually uses the post as a part of their offense online. But if you're just going to use him offline against the CPU go with post lockdown.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-09-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
what he said. If a card has a high rebounding rating, especially a bronze, thats enough for me without the badge. my thing is....he shouldve came with both! I dont understand how 2k gives cards with 90 rating in passing but dont give dimer badge. 90 rating in blocks, but no Eraser. 90 in rebounding but no Crasher. smh
Thanks for the input, guys.

I guess I was thinking OCrasher because in my first week+ of playing the game, offensive rebounds have been few and far between. I thought the badge would help.

I'm also still at the stage of RTTP where I can use Ostertag and in the few games I've played, it seems like with only 1 Silver offenses can stagnate and it can be tough to score. So...offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points can really swing the result of a game.

My issue with Eraser is I'm not exactly sure how it works. And Ostertag's DHelp IQ is only 60. On the flip side, I usually can switch to him quickly and get a user block, so that's not a huge issue.

Anyone have more info on that badge?

I noticed that when I played some Play Online games, I must have the messages set to "All" or something because I can see Badge bonuses and when certain badges are 'negated' or dropped because of other badges.

Can I also see this in MyTeam if I change those settings? I'm gonna play around with it now...so we'll see. But if anyone knows, that would be awesome too.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If this year's Ostertag card is anything like last year's Ostertag card his vertical leap in games is so small that he won't be blocking anybody's shot except tiny point guards.

I'd give him post lockdown defender or bruiser instead. Probably bruiser because hardly anyone actually uses the post as a part of their offense online.
I've had block parties so far with Greg. First game with him he had 3 blocks in the first quarter. He is definitely a factor as a shot blocker. Especially with blocks being what they are in this year's game.

He comes with Bruiser, so I will push that to Gold.

The fact he has a 94 in Block and no Eraser badge is weak. But...what can we do?

And I can only add one 'extra' badge to a Bronze. I'm leaning towards Eraser.

In 2K15, I did experiment with some Bronze guys by buying two different cards and Badging each one up differently...and trying that out. You just have to keep one version in your "My Auctions" section.

I'm trying not to do that with this card because it's a little pricey for a Bronze. I got lucky and caught this one for like 2650. I grabbed it quick because I had success with Ostertag last year...when it was HARD to block shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »