Home

Dumb question about Dynamic Cards...

This is a discussion on Dumb question about Dynamic Cards... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dumb question about Dynamic Cards...

So...when a card goes up, the color changes?

I was kinda surprised by that...and got duped in the Auction House early on buying a Gary Harris Dynamic Bronze...which turned out to be a Silver. Ugh...

Was I wrong to think these cards wouldn't change color? I sorta thought that's what gave some of these cards their value...

I can see both sides of the debate, I just assumed they would stay the same. Doh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Dumb question about Dynamic Cards...

They change color, but sometimes 2K makes the silly mistake of updating their numerical ratings without updating their color tier rating. So, for a period, you can have an 81 OVR Silver. Ultimately, everything should be corrected at some point.

Which kills the attraction of a lot of Dynamics. For example, Iguodala went from a 77 Silver to an 80 Gold. Would use to play him in restricted games when I wanted an athletic, lock-down defender in at SF. But why would I play his Gold Dynamic when, instead, I can play Kawhi, Butler, or George?
Old 12-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
They change color, but sometimes 2K makes the silly mistake of updating their numerical ratings without updating their color tier rating. So, for a period, you can have an 81 OVR Silver. Ultimately, everything should be corrected at some point.

Which kills the attraction of a lot of Dynamics. For example, Iguodala went from a 77 Silver to an 80 Gold. Would use to play him in restricted games when I wanted an athletic, lock-down defender in at SF. But why would I play his Gold Dynamic when, instead, I can play Kawhi, Butler, or George?
Exactly...that's why I sorta thought they would stay the same color.

All of the sudden a highly valued Silver card becomes a low-value Gold with numerous better alternatives.

What is the point in that?

If anything, it's a punishment and takes away value of Dynamic cards that are close to going up. Dynamic cards that go down actually have more value.

I can see it both ways though...for example, if a low rated Gold goes down to Silver, that card's value increases.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
Exactly...that's why I sorta thought they would stay the same color.

All of the sudden a highly valued Silver card becomes a low-value Gold with numerous better alternatives.

What is the point in that?

If anything, it's a punishment and takes away value of Dynamic cards that are close to going up. Dynamic cards that go down actually have more value.

I can see it both ways though...for example, if a low rated Gold goes down to Silver, that card's value increases.
Yeah but people are not logical about it. And there is also the effect of rarity. So Dynamic prices, for the most part, are still wildly illogical.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah...I see both sides of it. Like you said, the issue for me right now is price.

It is cool how it basically creates a 2015 version of every player and then you also have the updated version. And if some older players go down, then it should widen the pool of players at different levels and for different challenges.

But...unless I am getting someone cheap and then they take off...I'm not sure I see much value in investing in certain cards. I don't know...maybe I'm missing something.

I really only have one Dynamic card that interests me...Draymond Green.

I did just buy a Dynamic Montrezl Harrell...but thats my first one.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »