Home

The "Other" (Emotional?) Badges?

This is a discussion on The "Other" (Emotional?) Badges? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The "Other" (Emotional?) Badges?

Are these still in the game and in MyTeam? I don't see them when I look at a player's card. I'm referring to Defensive Anchor, Closer, Prime Time, etc.

Are these a factor in MyTeam?

Is there a way to view them in the game or in MyTeam?

I see they are listed on this site - http://2kmtcentral.com

Just curious...was kinda bummed not to see them when looking at MyTeam cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #2
MVP

Re: The "Other" (Emotional?) Badges?

Look at this Jordan, scroll down on the right by the badges. He has closer, prime time and volume shooter and a bunch of others that were badges. But now they are traits and they cannot be improved or added

http://2kmtcentral.com/16/players/9674/michael-jordan

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 12-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Okay...so they are in the game - there is just no way to look at them in MyTeam before you buy a card in the Auction House.

I did see them if I click R3 in the box score after a game. I just wish they were visible when viewing the card in the AH and when creating my lineups in MyTeam. Oh well...
Old 12-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

They're there but no way to confirm if they're activating. Used to be able to see ratings boosts in pause menu.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
They're there but no way to confirm if they're activating. Used to be able to see ratings boosts in pause menu.
Hmmm...I wonder if they are. I would assume if they are in the game, they are working...but you know what they say about assuming.

I like to know and use them when building a team. In past years, I noticed a bump from things like Floor General and Defensive Anchor...along with other boosts like Closer and Spark Plug when players are used in certain roles.

I will have to pay attention and see if I notice anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
Hmmm...I wonder if they are. I would assume if they are in the game, they are working...but you know what they say about assuming.

I like to know and use them when building a team. In past years, I noticed a bump from things like Floor General and Defensive Anchor...along with other boosts like Closer and Spark Plug when players are used in certain roles.

I will have to pay attention and see if I notice anything.
dude, you are a nerd...and I mean that in a good way.
most people dont even pay attention to this stuff, but its oh so important to know.

Dominique has a 68 standing 3 for instance. if he gets a pass from Floor General with Dimer, his rating should be a 72 at least. further boosted if he gets hot. with 2 red rings he could potentially be around 80 rating for example. Also, Rob Horry is a deadly 3 point shooter in closing minutes due to his high shot ratings and Closer badge!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »