Home

Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards

This is a discussion on Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #17
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards

It's been said on here before, I don't believe there's an actual team handling the MyTeam mode, which is troubling since much of the after purchase revenue comes from micro-transactions from MyTeam/MyCareer

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 12-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17
Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
While I realize this mode is a 'fantasy mode'...they need to find a way to SEGMENT the mode better - or they are going to LOSE any/all SIM players they have left that play this mode.

If they want to add nonsense like this...whatever. Just give me a WAY to avoid it as a SIM gamer playing MyTeam. I don't want to deal with this garbage. I just want to build teams and play against other like-minded people - not mindless little kids who just want to TURBO around and jack 3's with the CHEESIEST players they can collect!

Like I said, I don't care...if you want to add a fantasy element, go ahead. But give me an option that keeps me separate from it...PLEASE!

Go full blast...shoot...add celebrity cards....cards of fictional movie characters....I don't care. Just don't FORCE me to play against it in MyTeam if I'm looking for a way to use this amazing SANDBOX of basketball to play SIM basketball against other gamers looking to do the SAME.

Sounds like MyLeague online is the mode for you. With the right ppl that's the best mode in the game.

Only reason I got into MT a few yrs ago was because 2k neglected online league. This year it's much improved.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #19
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't think that these cards are going to be in packs tomorrow. Who knows what 2k has planned with these, maybe they'll release troll packs like the Ruby Dunkers last year later in the year. It makes no sense whatsoever to release these cards tomorrow. If packs aren't selling, increasing the odds and/or adding some of the many TBT players people are looking forward to is the way to go.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Sounds like MyLeague online is the mode for you. With the right ppl that's the best mode in the game.

Only reason I got into MT a few yrs ago was because 2k neglected online league. This year it's much improved.
I don't see why one has to be the only answer. Others have suggested this over the years.

There are several problems for me...

One is that something like MyLeague is a commitment. I assume you have to play on a regular schedule and line up games with others...and not fall behind.

I prefer to play when it's convenient...and when I have time. Sometimes I may play for long periods of time for two or three days...and then not play for a week. Joining a MyLeague doesn't bode well for that. I would just be one of those guys who ruins it for everyone else...and I prefer not to do that to others.

The other issue is the Historic players. Which is my favorite part of the mode.

I'm not sure how I like this in a MyLeague. With player progression...and draft picks...and all that...eh...I'm not sure I'm much for that.

The strategies and tactics in a league taking place over several seasons are much different than putting together a team in MyTeam.

I just don't understand why MyTeam can't appeal more to SIM gamers...?

I've gotten this response several times over the years...and it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just a little apples and oranges to me. I have an interest in MyLeague,but I'd really have to commit to it...and it would be a much different experience than the one I have with MyTeam.

Last edited by 2kNerd; 12-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #21
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

I really need to finish RTTP before they ruin it with these player abominations. I'm in the 2nd seed and I'm having trouble finding opponents in the same seed.

It's BS when they pair me against someone in a lower seed who's playing on All-Star, when I'm playing on Super Star..

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
It's been said on here before, I don't believe there's an actual team handling the MyTeam mode, which is troubling since much of the after purchase revenue comes from micro-transactions from MyTeam/MyCareer
yeah i actually said that. funny enough, i was on LD's stream yesterday and pitched him ideas. he told that if i have ideas, that i could send them to the devs.....but then refused to give me the contact.

classic.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
yeah i actually said that. funny enough, i was on LD's stream yesterday and pitched him ideas. he told that if i have ideas, that i could send them to the devs.....but then refused to give me the contact.

classic.
People are protective...especially if their job is potentially at risk due to some up-and-comer trying to make a name.

2K has to know that MyTeam is mishandled, right?
Old 12-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
People are protective...especially if their job is potentially at risk due to some up-and-comer trying to make a name.

2K has to know that MyTeam is mishandled, right?
very understood. definitely not trying to take his job though lol. he's the 2nd hand community manager of one of the most inept social media teams i think ive ever seen lol.

im definitely sure they know that MyTeam is deplorable. random diamond cards are now available after saying they wouldnt release anything like this hhaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »