Home

It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

This is a discussion on It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #17
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
playing offball is just as cheesy as anything in the game
playing off-ball D usually gets really punished...it means you dont know how to play on-ball....
Old 12-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #18
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

Onball or Offball...doesnt really matter since most of these guys play the same. There is slight lag sometimes and guys know this by just zig zagging on the perimeter n jacking up a shot. These guys are easy to stop.

Its the guys who turbo and do that cheesy left/right cheese at the basket every possession. Now they are not losing the ball as much due to the patch and they can get deep in the paint for an easy lead pass. On myteam this is glorified with PGs like Wall and Westbrook.

Personally I play offball on the fastbreak then I will switch to onball in the halfcourt. The turboing zig zag needs fixed or 2k needs to add the collision detection back before patch 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Thanks for the advice have a question about when you're staying in front of them. As you do this are you holding down L2? L2 lightly held? L2 + R2 which is a quick shuffle I believe? Do you use the right stick at all when he's driving (I know as he shoots it's good to go up with it but what about as he's driving)?
Quote:
Thanks for the advice have a question about when you're staying in front of them. As you do this are you holding down L2? L2 lightly held? L2 + R2 which is a quick shuffle I believe? Do you use the right stick at all when he's driving (I know as he shoots it's good to go up with it but what about as he's driving)?
Yes. L2 is pressure-sensitive, I believe, so feather it according to whether you just want to remain facing up or you really want to dig in your heels. Also, if you adjust Defensive Assist (or whatever it's called), that will affect the degree to which you "stick" to the ballhandler. It may seem like you want to dial it all the way up, but that leads to you often trying to body up too aggressively. So if you get good at the controls, it's best to dial the Assist down so that you can control more precisely. I have been experimenting with dialing it all the way down to 0 or maybe just 10.

Together with R2, you'll get Quick Shuffle, as you know. Best way to remain facing up and cover ground quickly. Use this when you're trying to cut off drives. But be careful about not just holding down Turbo all the time as that will greatly impact your energy.

It's generally better to contest shots with Right Stick Shot Contest. I find the RS more responsive if I set Shot Contest to Manual so that my use of L2 doesn't force block attempts when I really want to just put hands up. Even then, it takes time to put hands up, so if you can't anticipate need to put hands up you basically need to attempt a block to contest. Try to not push LS toward shooter if close to him, otherwise you lean in and will often foul. Try to leave LS neutral so you jump straight up.

Generally speaking, the key is to get a good feel for L2 sensitivity, feathering it and R2, giving up some space and moving fore/aft as well as laterally to beat ballhandler to spots, and training yourself to use RS to contest more often than trying to block every shot attempt. Aggressive blocks lead to fouls, make you prone to pump-fakes, and put you out of position to grab the defensive board.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #20
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yes. L2 is pressure-sensitive, I believe, so feather it according to whether you just want to remain facing up or you really want to dig in your heels. Also, if you adjust Defensive Assist (or whatever it's called), that will affect the degree to which you "stick" to the ballhandler. It may seem like you want to dial it all the way up, but that leads to you often trying to body up too aggressively. So if you get good at the controls, it's best to dial the Assist down so that you can control more precisely. I have been experimenting with dialing it all the way down to 0 or maybe just 10.

Together with R2, you'll get Quick Shuffle, as you know. Best way to remain facing up and cover ground quickly. Use this when you're trying to cut off drives. But be careful about not just holding down Turbo all the time as that will greatly impact your energy.

It's generally better to contest shots with Right Stick Shot Contest. I find the RS more responsive if I set Shot Contest to Manual so that my use of L2 doesn't force block attempts when I really want to just put hands up. Even then, it takes time to put hands up, so if you can't anticipate need to put hands up you basically need to attempt a block to contest. Try to not push LS toward shooter if close to him, otherwise you lean in and will often foul. Try to leave LS neutral so you jump straight up.

Generally speaking, the key is to get a good feel for L2 sensitivity, feathering it and R2, giving up some space and moving fore/aft as well as laterally to beat ballhandler to spots, and training yourself to use RS to contest more often than trying to block every shot attempt. Aggressive blocks lead to fouls, make you prone to pump-fakes, and put you out of position to grab the defensive board.
Nice thanks that was really informative, usually use a combination of L2 + R2 but it looks like the turbo does do more harm than good. Another action is holding L2 and flicking the right stick left and right it does little side to side hops, not sure when this would come into play maybe if you've given too much space and trying to close out?
Old 12-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Nice thanks that was really informative, usually use a combination of L2 + R2 but it looks like the turbo does do more harm than good. Another action is holding L2 and flicking the right stick left and right it does little side to side hops, not sure when this would come into play maybe if you've given too much space and trying to close out?
I think Turbo by itself does more harm than good. L2 + Turbo (R2) for Quick Shuffle is very effective. The RS quick step is something that some people say they use a lot because it is the quickest way to take a single step in any direction. So if you can master it, it can be extremely useful. I haven't yet been able to mix it in much at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »