Home

Joke Diamond cards need to go

This is a discussion on Joke Diamond cards need to go within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Joke Diamond cards need to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I'd watch a two-hour documentary investigating the rise of Scola to Diamond status in 2k's offices...gotta be a story there lol
I, seriously, would like to know the story. I imagine them pitching Historic Diamonds and then talking about basically making OP Moments-style cards, and then talking about 50-point game scorers and someone bringing up Luis Scola dropping 44 on some random night against a totally **** Nets team, the entire table cracking up in hysterics, and then silence...as they all realize they would do it just for the ****, and then...more laughter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I, seriously, would like to know the story. I imagine them pitching Historic Diamonds and then talking about basically making OP Moments-style cards, and then talking about 50-point game scorers and someone bringing up Luis Scola dropping 44 on some random night against a totally **** Nets team, the entire table cracking up in hysterics, and then silence...as they all realize they would do it just for the ****, and then...more laughter.
He was a TBT card last year and it was weird and now they have his signature shoes in the game too, maybe it's part of a deal with Anta.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #27
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I'm not really complaining that they have all of these diamond TBT cards (other than the fact they should be moments cards instead), but I just don't understand why thy chose these guys when I can name 30 players off the top of my head that should be rated higher. How are you gonna make prime D Wade, Kobe, KG, and AI only amethysts when these other guys probably won't even be hall of famers?

It just has me wondering if they intend to scale the rest of the TBT cards like pimped out moments cards when they drop.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
He was a TBT card last year and it was weird and now they have his signature shoes in the game too, maybe it's part of a deal with Anta.
That really may be the best explanation.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
while this is true to a degree.....NO ONE in the 2k community was creative enough to request a Diamond Luis Scola. I am a Ty Lawson fan because I am a UNC homer, but I'd like to know the guy that said he'd like to see him have a Diamond card in this game. lol. The community didnt request these cards specifically...2k just pulled this one out their a**
Members of the community suggested the "Moments" cards...and 2K obliged...opening up that 'Pandora's Box'.

The whole idea of 'Moments' cards is WHY we are seeing this BS TBT/Moments/Diamond cards...shoot...2K doesn't even have a name for them because they just decided to THROW them out there in a desperate attempt to grab VC revenue.

The idea of a 'Moments' card is silly.

Oh...here is a card based on ONE game...where this player played really well. Now you can use this card an INFINITE number of times to CHEESE, have fun.

Like I mentioned in another thread...I can't wait for the Manute Bol TBT/Diamond card where he has a 90 in ST3PT because of ONE GAME.

Like it or not, just the IDEA and opening of the door for 'Moments' cards is WHY we are here with these "Diamond TBT Moments" hodgepodge cheater cards.

If there were no moments cards, these Diamond BS cards wouldn't exist.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
Rookie

These Diamonds are better then nothing, if they didn't add diamond jr and diamond crawford the best player from the tbt packs for the week would be andre miller and andrea bargani tbt cards. I'd take any diamond content over trash silver bums any day.

Also, some of you acting like everybody will have these guys when they go for 2 mill + on the ps4, which means less then 1% of the community will have them since they are impossible to pull in packs.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSwegz
These Diamonds are better then nothing, if they didn't add diamond jr and diamond crawford the best player from the tbt packs for the week would be andre miller and andrea bargani tbt cards. I'd take any diamond content over trash silver bums any day.

Also, some of you acting like everybody will have these guys when they go for 2 mill + on the ps4, which means less then 1% of the community will have them since they are impossible to pull in packs.
The diamonds were impromptu, we have no idea what 2k would have released. I highly doubt Bargs would have been the feature card on Christmas weekend. There is no sense of having realistic cards mixed in with unrealistic cards. The idea makes the 2k office look amateurish. And why community should accept that these players are "impossible" to pull when they're spending money on them is beyond me

Last edited by start it up; 12-24-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Everybody has them in Gauntlet now because there's no real penalty for rerolling your lineup.

At least half of the Gauntlet games I play include at least one Diamond trial card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »