Home

Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating

This is a discussion on Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
Bernard King definitely plays worse than his 89 overall suggests. The guy is ridiculously fast for a small forward and can defend, but he will NOT dunk even though he has a 70 something driving dunk, and he isn't very strong so he just won't finish through contact. That despite the fact that I added a frigging relentless finisher badge too him. I barely even get fouled and his draw foul is a 92.
The description for Relentless Finisher makes it sound like it's actually alll about minimizing hits to energy/stamina from collision animations when driving to the hole, not actually increasing odds of shot going in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Throwback Thursday Steve Nash has been a beast for me in The Gauntlet. Obviously, he can shoot lights out. But I've been very surprised by his CPU-controlled defense. He gets a lot of off-ball steals for me just by being in good defensive position.

The only thing you have to watch out for is his cold zone at the top of the key. Shoot from anywhere else and you'll be fine. The corner three is almost an automatic green release since his animation is so easy to time down there.

I've been using the +9 speed shoe on him since it seems like all other areas of his game are fine as is.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Throwback Thursday Steve Nash has been a beast for me in The Gauntlet. Obviously, he can shoot lights out. But I've been very surprised by his CPU-controlled defense. He gets a lot of off-ball steals for me just by being in good defensive position.

The only thing you have to watch out for is his cold zone at the top of the key. Shoot from anywhere else and you'll be fine. The corner three is almost an automatic green release since his animation is so easy to time down there.

I've been using the +9 speed shoe on him since it seems like all other areas of his game are fine as is.
I was using him in Gauntlet too but his on-ball defense is terrible so I had to take him out.

Check out Bob Dandridge....athletic scorer/shooter.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:12 AM   #28
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:

Do you think the hot/cold zones really make a difference? I wonder if it applies to My Career as well.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Do you think the hot/cold zones really make a difference? I wonder if it applies to My Career as well.
its hard to say with 2k anymore. IMO, I think it does. I still hit from wherever but I try to only shoot from hot zones and avoid cold. if my guy is hot and I get him open in one of his hot zones (especially if he gets a pass from a dimer) then he is money.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
They are very powerful with players who don't have a three point rating in the 90s. If the base rating is already in the 90s, then you won't see as much impact.

Try shooting with gold Kawhi Leonard in his three point cold zones versus shooting threes from his three point hot zones and the difference in accuracy is huge.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
They are very powerful with players who don't have a three point rating in the 90s. If the base rating is already in the 90s, then you won't see as much impact.

Try shooting with gold Kawhi Leonard in his three point cold zones versus shooting threes from his three point hot zones and the difference in accuracy is huge.
I really hate that you cant see these during a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #32
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:

Agreed. I can't hit 3s in his cold zones to save my life lol. Gold Carmelo Anthony shoots way better from beyond the arc but has a 78 rating. I think offensive consistency plays a huge role in how effective players can shoot in their cold zones as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »