Home

Auction outcomes improvement

This is a discussion on Auction outcomes improvement within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Auction outcomes improvement

I don't understand why we have to claim the auction Mt rewards with a yes or no choice. Really we have no choice but yes. Click no and it just sits there. It really should be automatically applied when the auction is over with a simple log we can view by pushing square on ps4.

Also want to see a card I put in my auctions be able to search existing cards to see current prices much like we can do in the collection menu.

Collection menu jerseys need to work like the player search engine does also. They already have the technology, now use it. Anybody else agree or am I just crazy to think that it would improve the game play experience greatly. I just want to play the game efficiently and repetitive typing is driving me crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Auction outcomes improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
I don't understand why we have to claim the auction Mt rewards with a yes or no choice. Really we have no choice but yes. Click no and it just sits there. It really should be automatically applied when the auction is over with a simple log we can view by pushing square on ps4.

Also want to see a card I put in my auctions be able to search existing cards to see current prices much like we can do in the collection menu.

Collection menu jerseys need to work like the player search engine does also. They already have the technology, now use it. Anybody else agree or am I just crazy to think that it would improve the game play experience greatly. I just want to play the game efficiently and repetitive typing is driving me crazy.

+1 there are way too many collectibles to be hand searching, this slows down the collection process considerably. I cant remember what freaking logo or jersey I already have. some people say they make spreadsheets but thats too much work for something 2k should already be simplifying.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
Rookie

They clearly did this on purpose to make it more challenging. That's also why I think you have to redefine the search parameters each search. I just wrote down what I needed and am just crossing things off, didn't take to much time.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett777
They clearly did this on purpose to make it more challenging. That's also why I think you have to redefine the search parameters each search. I just wrote down what I needed and am just crossing things off, didn't take to much time.
no, I dont think they did, this game is full of bugs. I will tell you another one, some of the items do NOT show up unless you refresh twice, so you are actually missing out on some items if you dont know this. you can test this in badges, if you refresh a 3rd time some items will disappear, then come back on the 4th refresh. I have tested this for myself. there can be a card for a certain price that does not appear to some but to others it does apparently. its almost like a particular user's items may not appear. I know this because many times I sell an item that may be 3k and there are about 5 other items on there for 1/3 price.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
Rookie

That refreshing thing makes perfect sense because I have thought many times that I was listing the only item only to have it be never sold over and over again. Very frustrating.

I hope that they didn't intend to make searching so hard. The game is supposed to be fun and last I checked manually searching for items that I don't use or care about except for card count off manual lists feels awfully close to work.

I'll volunteer to help product test next year if that's the issue with these game play issues that takes away from the user experience. Only if they promise to fix the problems though. Otherwise I have better things to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I think the only thing they make intentionally difficult is searching for badges. If you were able to search by badge or badge type I feel like it would take a lot of "skill" out of that aspect of the auction house and probably devalue badges. Not that either one of those things is bad, because badges are expensive AF compared to last year and getting good deals takes a lot of time in my experiences.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

I have a decent list for AH improvements and second all those you mention.

1. Why two rows of cards instead of one? It's bad from a UX point of view and serves no purpose.
2. Why doesn't the countdown resent to 30 sec whenever there's a bid? I know of no auction where someone wants to pay more and the Auction House says "I won't take your money".
3. Price ranges need to be implemented to make the game accessible for players that don't play every single day and avoid MT purchasing from illegal sites.
4. Refreshing shouldn't be every 15 minutes.
5. Update the search parameters to include things like "reaction time" or "draw foul", "sixth man of the year", that are in game and not in the search parameters. Also, make search parameters actually work. For some players they just don't work.

I'm probably forgetting about a few things.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah I especially get frustrated when I place legitimate bids and someone else wait until the last 5 seconds to put a minimal increase to win. Either let the last three bidders keep bidding with timer reset of 30 seconds or reset each one like you said.

Lately I noticed some home jerseys in the away jersey search also. Try the same team but opposite home or away if you're not finding the right jersey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »