Home

Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous

This is a discussion on Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 01:31 AM   #89
Rookie

mint11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous

If you struggle to get free throws, start intentionally fouling, or calling timeouts when you don't have any left to keep the game close. This way you get extra possessions plus they will intentionally foul you if you are up 3-5 with 24 seconds or less left
Old 04-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #90
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

The bad thing in case you were wondering is that the amethyst Scottie card is pretty worthless especially now with all the OP diamonds and amethyst moments cards that have come out. I couldn't finish jack with him, and his defense doesn't really stand out playing online against turbo cheesers.

Basically gold Kawhi to start with is better defensively and able to shoot offensively, I can imagine the diamond moments and dpoy kawhi are also better as far as sf are concerned. And to me gold carmelo more dynamic offensively than this card.

So basically just cheese your way through historic domination for a crap card that likely won't stay in your lineup for long. Just get the trophy and keep it moving.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 04-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #91
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
The bad thing in case you were wondering is that the amethyst Scottie card is pretty worthless especially now with all the OP diamonds and amethyst moments cards that have come out. I couldn't finish jack with him, and his defense doesn't really stand out playing online against turbo cheesers.

Basically gold Kawhi to start with is better defensively and able to shoot offensively, I can imagine the diamond moments and dpoy kawhi are also better as far as sf are concerned. And to me gold carmelo more dynamic offensively than this card.

So basically just cheese your way through historic domination for a crap card that likely won't stay in your lineup for long. Just get the trophy and keep it moving.
I've always believed that Scottie is better than Kawhi, his midrange and driving are superior. His shooting from deep is better as well superior release and much higher offensive consistency. But yeah, the Scottie card itself is not worth playing Domination for, but the rewards along the way + him as a nice bonus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012

I don't think amethyst Scottie Pippen is worthless. Quite the contrary.
I have him fully badged and I actually still use him behind TBT LeBron as my bench SF in RTTP seed 1. Before that a used him as my starter stretch 4 and he was great (now I use DR Draymond Green).
I find his midrange shoot very reliable and his 3pt shoot isn't that bad either because his release is easy. I struggle a bit with his free throws though. He is also a great slasher, finishing consistently for me around the rim.
On the defensive end, I never had real problems with his 78 lateral quickness, he usually locks his opponent down. Moreover, he always gets a couple of steals and interceptions which result in fastbreak points.
And last but not least, he is the only SF along with LeBron that has the very important floor general badge.
All in all, I think it's a very useful and well balanced card.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #93
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaravel
I don't think amethyst Scottie Pippen is worthless. Quite the contrary.
I have him fully badged and I actually still use him behind TBT LeBron as my bench SF in RTTP seed 1. Before that a used him as my starter stretch 4 and he was great (now I use DR Draymond Green).
I find his midrange shoot very reliable and his 3pt shoot isn't that bad either because his release is easy. I struggle a bit with his free throws though. He is also a great slasher, finishing consistently for me around the rim.
On the defensive end, I never had real problems with his 78 lateral quickness, he usually locks his opponent down. Moreover, he always gets a couple of steals and interceptions which result in fastbreak points.
And last but not least, he is the only SF along with LeBron that has the very important floor general badge.
All in all, I think it's a very useful and well balanced card.
Hmm maybe I'll try him out more then. Admittedly I play more of a pace and space style with amethyst David robinson as my go to in the post for half court, but I'll take another look at Scottie and maybe play him as a stretch 4.

PSN: dsavbeast

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »