Home

Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous

This is a discussion on Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous

That's 3 games in a row I reach 60 points against the Mavs and blow them out by at least 15 points yet I can't get over 650 MT Points.

Am I supposed to be doing what i did all last year and automatically going to the post and shooting fadeaways to get the points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Re: Domination mode is absolutely ridiculous

Really the only trick is to make sure you attempt at least 10 free throws and 5 three pointers. If you shoot 80% from the line and 20% from behind the arc, it's a free 100 MT. After that, it's just a matter of keeping your offensive possessions very short with lots of fast breaks and assists. Shoot for around 120 per quarter if you can. If you find yourself coming up short at the end but you have the lead feel free to either back off or double team somebody to get them to shoot quicker.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
That's 3 games in a row I reach 60 points against the Mavs and blow them out by at least 15 points yet I can't get over 650 MT Points.

Am I supposed to be doing what i did all last year and automatically going to the post and shooting fadeaways to get the points?

how far are you? like I said, I havent had to use any cheesy tactics so far. I get about 850 pts and I havent made a post fade in the past 3 or 4 games. I just use overpowered defensive lineups. Rebounds, Assists, and Fast Break points do it for me. I avg about 75-80 ppg and usually win by about 12-20 pt margin.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
how far are you? like I said, I havent had to use any cheesy tactics so far. I get about 850 pts and I havent made a post fade in the past 3 or 4 games. I just use overpowered defensive lineups. Rebounds, Assists, and Fast Break points do it for me. I avg about 75-80 ppg and usually win by about 12-20 pt margin.
i cant get past the mavs.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
i cant get past the mavs.
I am on Historic Dom right now. I finished regular Dom a long time ago. In early stages, once you get some good players, pick and roll will get the job done. Get you some good defenders and trap and run. Thats really all there is to it. what is your lineup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I am on Historic Dom right now. I finished regular Dom a long time ago. In early stages, once you get some good players, pick and roll will get the job done. Get you some good defenders and trap and run. Thats really all there is to it. what is your lineup?
I change it up but its usually:

Conley
Danny Green
Kawhi
Mbah a Moute
Vucevic

Bench:
kemba walker
oladipo
deng
hibbert
trevor booker

Like I said, the issue isn't beating teams, it's getting enough MT points. If you ask me the way points are given is flawed. YOu can completely ouclass a team and still not earn enough points to advance.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #7
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

The entire premise of domination and the way it encourages maximum cheese and minimum actual basketball is what makes it feel like a massive grind and not fun IMO.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #8
MVP

Ugh, I finally get enough MT Points and i get hit with the arbitration bull****. Anyone know if it goes away if I wait long enough?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »