Home

Lets Really Examine How Dynamics Affect the Game

This is a discussion on Lets Really Examine How Dynamics Affect the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #17
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets Really Examine How Dynamics Affect the Game

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
well, this is my line of thinking....I am sure TBT Melo is one of the best cards in the game. the gold one is VERY good. if someone had say 350k mt, they could get TBT Melo, or....they could get current Lebron or Steph, along with KD, gold Melo, and possibly pick up Amethyst Payton/CP3 or several DPOYs. Thats where I say Amethyst tier affects the market in particular. IRL scenario no way would it be worth that much in a trade. It comes down to personal preference. I personally would go with purchasing 3 Amethysts over 1. If you already have those guys thats a different story. Just feel that this card is grossly overpriced because although its a better card offensively it has the same exact defensive ratings as the Gold.
True true. 350 k is a ton of MT (though thats even cheap for Melo, you could sell him with profit then, lol. I bought one for around 450, sold him back for 620 and bought him back for 400 fully badged.)
The thing is, with this years RTTP it doesnt really matter what cards you use. You can use a gold squad for 35k and due to the equalizer you will do just fine vs better teams. So this concept of buying cheaper amethysts only makes a lot of sense this year. Unfortunately there is no point in having these rare cards.

Still this Melo is a freakin beast. Yams on fools 24/7 too.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lets Really Examine How Dynamics Affect the Game

I like the Dynamic cards...and I don't think they have a negative impact on MyTeam at all.

I also sort of like that they are RARE.

This is one of the new parts of MyTeam that WORKS. Yeah...there will be cards that are a WASTE of MT because the Current version is only slightly better than the Dynamic...and a few badges or a pair of shoes can make up the difference.

But that doesn't mean that Dynamic cards, as a whole, are a problem. If people in the marketplace want to overpay for cards...then so be it.

At first, I thought it would be cool if a Dynamic card went from 69 OVR to 72 OVR that it should remain a Bronze...which is part of the VALUE of 'investing' in the card.

But...now I'm not so sure.

Because it works the other way as well. When a card goes DOWN from Gold to Silver or Silver to Bronze, it suddenly makes the card more valuable...at least to some people.

One problem is that there's LIMITED avenues to actually USE these cards. Like it's nice to have a Bronze Richard Jefferson or Vince Carter or Trey Lyles like I do...but I have limited places to use them at this point in MyTeam - unless I want to go back and replay certain Challenges for fun...

As I've said over and over again...this lack of DEPTH really hurts the mode...and hurts the sale of MT.

I go back and forth on the topic of whether these cards should STAY their original color. Mainly because the way it is NOW, the cards that go DOWN a tier actually get rewarded in a way for BAD play.

Part of me feels like those who INVEST in a card when it's a BRONZE should be rewarded when it makes the JUMP to a higher tier. Unlike how it is now, where cards that go DOWN a tier actually gain some VALUE - because they have cheaper contracts and can be used in certain challenges that they couldn't be used in previously.

As a whole though...I think Dynamic cards are a great addition to MyTeam. Making drastic changes to Dynamic cards is pretty low on the list of changes I think need to be made to the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »