Home

Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

This is a discussion on Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Given that you're sure that going up big triggers a gifting of momentum to the other player, why don't you minimize your lead to whatever margin won't trigger that? I.e., get an 8 point lead and, after that, just make sure you trade baskets until the end of the game?

Have you ever tried allowing yourself to get down big so that you get given a big momentum shift and, as a very good player, push that momentum so that you don't merely catch up but take the lead with everyone all heated up so that you can blow them out completely, presuming that there isn't enough time for them to get a counter-momentum-shift that allows them to turn it back around?
I have went on big momentum swings too, but most of mine are when I put the other team away.

check this out though...and I want Qno to think about this objectively and not just chalk it up to coincidence.

In the past 2-3 days I played about 12 games. Won some, lost some. Some had swings, some didn't. Won some in both scenarios, lost some in both scenarios.

There was one constant variable though. EVERY SINGLE GAME where the game was close at the end of a quarter, it was close at the end of the next quarter. EVERY SINGLE GAME where the game was lopsided at the end of the quarter, the next quarter the team that was down came back to tie or take the lead. Like this game I lost by one point....it was lopsided in the 1st quarter then even by half...then it was within 5-7 points each way the rest of the way. The mechanic is to keep the game close.

I told you about the last game where I was up 20-10, 2nd quarter they come back to take the lead. I told you about the game where I was up 19-3, 2nd quarter they came back to take the lead.

I also played some games though where the score was within 5 points the entire game and those games had no huge swings one way or the other. So it seems like if its around 10 points or so. I really am not trying to lose and limiting my scoring deliberately would be point shaving IRL...lol.

Others can attest, whatever quarter you are going into with a big lead....the push is coming. The thing is, a lot of times when players get down more than 12 or so usually quit.

Last edited by synistr; 01-27-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #90
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

It's been stated 2K is a scripted game.

It's been stated Madden is a scripted game.

It's been stated MLB: The Show is a scripted game.

Developers from each game have verified this is not correct; I know it appears like that's the case...I know I've been unable to stop the AI when they're mounting a huge comeback and other times they couldn't stop me when I was mounting my own comeback - however, each situation could be explained logically once I took a step back.

OS has ventured down the comeback AI trail many times and while some offer insightful discussion, more often than not it only leads to users who want to chime in on the cynicism.

I'm closing this up.

Last edited by Speedy; 01-27-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »