Home

Rockets T-Mac

This is a discussion on Rockets T-Mac within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rockets T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I'm a big jimmer homer though so this last part is obviously subjective but jimmer's basically a legend (in name) so why not keep his rating up.
Well, ultimately, 2K is going to have to go by statistics and I don't know how deep of a dive they do. (I.e. do they go so far as to examine players for shot percentages when highly contested, lightly contested, open, or "wide open"?)

And when it comes to Jimmer Fredette, he didn't get much playing time but in the little time he got, he was terrible. 509 total minutes played, across 50 games, he shot 9-48 (.188). So the fact that he even has 72 Standing Three shows that they're making a judgment call and overriding statistics with a favorably subjective evaluation of his shooting ability.

BTW, the real-life gossip about Jimmer is that his lack of NBA success is not just about his lack of speed or the slowness/hitch in his shot. "People" say that he's "uncoachable." He's full of himself and doesn't listen to coaches. If this weren't the case, he'd find a spot on a roster with a team who might want some dude who can knock down a three if left wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 PM   #26
Pro

I know about the attitude rumors and i probably shouldn't have used jimmer as an example. Like i said i'm a big homer.

Although in 2k jimmer's attitude does not exist so he'll be glad to get open looks and swish them.

Point is, who cares if some bronze has a couple of high ratings and good badges based of image? People can't honestly be worried about that when they're playing amethysts and diamonds themselves. It's not like jimmer or any of those cards i loved to use are hard to guard. Like i said, i can simply use curry instead and be much more effective or even just jj reddick. I just don't understand why it's a big deal. I hate those 90+ over the top fantasy cards as much as anyone but some 70 something semi-fantasy card shouldn't be an issue imo.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I know about the attitude rumors and i probably shouldn't have used jimmer as an example. Like i said i'm a big homer.
That means you're a Pelicans fan...or a BYU fan? A Westchester Knicks fan?

Quote:
Point is, who cares if some bronze has a couple of high ratings and good badges based of image? People can't honestly be worried about that when they're playing amethysts and diamonds themselves.
I don't think anyone really cares...I don't remember anyone complaining about his ratings last year, only perhaps complaining about cheesy play while using him.

It's just about 2K trying to be somewhat accurate about ratings, I guess.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #28
MVP

justlaze's Arena

To those who tried and played with this card: Can you recommend getting this T-Mac? I need a reliable SG who can drive and dunk, shoot and has defense.
Drexler is totally fine, but I need a more explosive 2nd SG than Dumars or Klay. I was also thinking of getting TBT Melo as SG but I rather save the MT for future MVP packs.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #29
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
To those who tried and played with this card: Can you recommend getting this T-Mac? I need a reliable SG who can drive and dunk, shoot and has defense.
Drexler is totally fine, but I need a more explosive 2nd SG than Dumars or Klay. I was also thinking of getting TBT Melo as SG but I rather save the MT for future MVP packs.
Yes, put a 3-point shoe on him and he's the best all-around non-Diamond SG in the game.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Yes, put a 3-point shoe on him and he's the best all-around non-Diamond SG in the game.
true, though I usually prefer speed shoe on him....but either way is great depending on play style. where you really can do unexpected damage to your opponent is in the post. put that PF shoe on him and badge him with Fade Ace like I did and there is nobody that can stop a 6-8 shooting guard with a 93 fade....not Moncrief, Artest, or Kawhi.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #31
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I picked him up for 100k and I like him so far. Just played a friendly against Enso to try him out a bit... super easy release, insane dunk animations... what a deal for that price - way better than 350k for Melo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I picked him up for 100k and I like him so far. Just played a friendly against Enso to try him out a bit... super easy release, insane dunk animations... what a deal for that price - way better than 350k for Melo
only because he has a gold border and not a purple one. if it was purple, he would be about as much as Melo...even though he wouldnt be any better of a card than he currently is. these kids get hyped over those purple cards...I am soooo glad this card wasnt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »