Home

Why is Bosh's Jumpshot broken but only vs other opponents online?

This is a discussion on Why is Bosh's Jumpshot broken but only vs other opponents online? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
Banned

Enso's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is Bosh's Jumpshot broken but only vs other opponents online?

When I use him offline in any challenge or in domination his jump shot has a long smooth release. As soon as I start using him in my team his jumpshot animation becomes super rushed. It has nothing to do with how long I hold the shoot button down, whatever I do it stays them same.

What the hell is this. Did some 2k Dev get tired of having Bosh draing 3's in his face so he decided to break his jumpshot just in case he faces him online? lol

Seriously though what about you guys, are any of your favorite players affected by something like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why is Bosh's Jumpshot broken but only vs other opponents online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso
When I use him offline in any challenge or in domination his jump shot has a long smooth release. As soon as I start using him in my team his jumpshot animation becomes super rushed. It has nothing to do with how long I hold the shoot button down, whatever I do it stays them same.

What the hell is this. Did some 2k Dev get tired of having Bosh draing 3's in his face so he decided to break his jumpshot just in case he faces him online? lol

Seriously though what about you guys, are any of your favorite players affected by something like this?
With me I have a similar problem with Bosh except in MyLeague Bosh never misses but in all forms of MyTeam he can't hit one. Also, I have checked the ratings and there were no differences in these shooting ratings.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 AM   #3
Banned

Enso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysball1
With me I have a similar problem with Bosh except in MyLeague Bosh never misses but in all forms of MyTeam he can't hit one. Also, I have checked the ratings and there were no differences in these shooting ratings.
I had the same issue but it's not that he can't hit one, it's the release that drastically changed. His release has become a quick chuck up shot. If you time it right you will hit them but it's annoying as F if you've played with him offline. His jumper is one of the better ones in this game with a very smooth release so this is a shame.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've never taken Bosh online, but I always had a hard time shooting with him in offline challenges, even from his hotspots.

Quote:
I had the same issue but it's not that he can't hit one, it's the release that drastically changed. His release has become a quick chuck up shot
It could be that he has different shooting animations depending on whether he's standing or moving.

Kelly Olynyk is a good example of a guy who has a long wind up if he's standing but a short heave if he's moving.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-16-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Bernard King has same problem online, release is much quicker. Bosh was the same last year too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #6
Banned

Enso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've never taken Bosh online, but I always had a hard time shooting with him in offline challenges, even from his hotspots.

It could be that he has different shooting animations depending on whether he's standing or moving.

Kelly Olynyk is a good example of a guy who has a long wind up if he's standing but a short heave if he's moving.
nah man moving, standing, holding the ball for 3 seconds with nobody around you and then shooting. They all result in the same thing. His jumps hot it broken online. So stupid I think i remember them doing it years back in 2k13 as well. I think they purposely do it because his jump shot is pure cheese.

Go try it for yourself you'll see what i'm talking aboot.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

I love Patrick Beverley. He stayed in my offline lineup last year and has stayed in it this year. This year I have been using him in RTTP however. He is killing me. Such a great silver because of lockdown defense but his online shot is not like his offline. I go to freelance and practice with him....just like Bosh, he has a very long release. Online, its rushed.

When practicing you can get his release down and get good feedback. Online its super quick but even if you hold it for a long time it says slightly early. I don't know why online animations are different for some of these players but I will have to remove a good player from my lineup because he is a liability when left wide open despite having great ratings. He is the only one I played with so far where I noticed a difference.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:09 AM   #8
Rookie

mint11's Arena

It's because of the input lag online as opposed to offline where the meter stops as you stop pressing the button, I use Bosh in 3 gold line up, reasonably quick, good defender, blocks way more shots than in real life, and money from mid range and 3, although his 3 ball can be hot and cold

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »