Home

Why These Dudes So Salty?

This is a discussion on Why These Dudes So Salty? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why These Dudes So Salty?

I am just getting around to RTTP, been playing other modes. 1 win away from 6th seed. I have only lost 1 game so far. Just beat this dude and he gonna send me a msg callin me a b****. lol.

I beat him fair and square. He was running and jumping around then tried to use charge cheese on me. He had Kyrie and Melo who are good offensively but poor defense. I play with lockdown guys. The only guys that were not lockdown on my team were J Crossover and J.R. and they came in strictly for buckets.

He got worked. It wasnt a blowout, but only because I felt cpu was helping him. I led the whole game. I started to send him a msg back but I just took the high road. He tried to blame his loss on lag...but really he is not a smart player and he tried to cheese me at that. I just hate getting these messages. In RTTP, Gauntlet, etc. When I win guys send me msgs. I only open them because I think someone may have the decency to say "good game". but its always some profanity laced tirade just because someone is salty that I worked em. this community is chocked full of f***boi's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Why These Dudes So Salty?

I am just getting around to RTTP too, wanted to do bunch of challenges and beat domination to build my team first. Haven't experienced any trolling msgs yet. It's interesting, playing the park, it's like there is a different culture in each of the 3 parks. When I play on Sunset, people private msg me swearing and stuff.. When I play in Rivet, often people msg saying GG and once somebody said 'Damn your defence is amazing" (I am from Old Town). It's interesting the different online culture in different areas of the game.

One thing I'm having trouble with is the 0-0 loss. The 2k servers disconnect while loading the lineups before the game, then it kicks me out and gives me a 0.0 L. It didn't happen once in qualifier, seeds 8, 7, and 6. But now I am in the 5th seed and it happened 3 times last time. Ended up having to repeat the 5th seed. On my second attempt, just yesterday, I was 5-1.. Then I got a 0-0 L, played a bad game and lost, and got 0-0 L again.. So now I am 5-4.. pretty sketched out. I am confident if I didn't get the 0-0L I would be onto the unrestricted by now, and am really hoping I don't have to do the 5th seed for a 3rd time.

I am wondering, if I am now averaging 2 or 3 0-0 losses per round.. what will happen in the 1st seed when I need to win 10 of 12? Will I really need to win 10 of 10? Assuming I get hit twice with the disconnection bs..

Have you had this problem?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I am just getting around to RTTP too, wanted to do bunch of challenges and beat domination to build my team first. Haven't experienced any trolling msgs yet. It's interesting, playing the park, it's like there is a different culture in each of the 3 parks. When I play on Sunset, people private msg me swearing and stuff.. When I play in Rivet, often people msg saying GG and once somebody said 'Damn your defence is amazing" (I am from Old Town). It's interesting the different online culture in different areas of the game.

One thing I'm having trouble with is the 0-0 loss. The 2k servers disconnect while loading the lineups before the game, then it kicks me out and gives me a 0.0 L. It didn't happen once in qualifier, seeds 8, 7, and 6. But now I am in the 5th seed and it happened 3 times last time. Ended up having to repeat the 5th seed. On my second attempt, just yesterday, I was 5-1.. Then I got a 0-0 L, played a bad game and lost, and got 0-0 L again.. So now I am 5-4.. pretty sketched out. I am confident if I didn't get the 0-0L I would be onto the unrestricted by now, and am really hoping I don't have to do the 5th seed for a 3rd time.

I am wondering, if I am now averaging 2 or 3 0-0 losses per round.. what will happen in the 1st seed when I need to win 10 of 12? Will I really need to win 10 of 10? Assuming I get hit twice with the disconnection bs..

again, I am about to go to 6th seed. So I havent had that problem yet and from what I hear, it has been happening in higher seeds, like around where you are. in fact, this is one of the reasons why I held off so long on RTTP because of the complaints and I was hoping they would fix this so I wouldnt have to deal with it.

interesting about MyPark. I will have to try it. but man, I get a msg everyday with someone calling me a name and making excuses why I lost. in Gauntlet they say "you can only drive with MJ or Lebron, that doesnt make you good" or "you wont play me in a real game tho..." in RTTP they just be like, "you run the same plays" or "I had lag". so if you had lag that makes me a b****??? regardless, he just wasnt as good as me. I was clearly better, he was playing dumb, plus I locked up Kyrie with RWB/Beverley and locked up Melo with PG13/silver Iggy.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
again, I am about to go to 6th seed. So I havent had that problem yet and from what I hear, it has been happening in higher seeds, like around where you are. in fact, this is one of the reasons why I held off so long on RTTP because of the complaints and I was hoping they would fix this so I wouldnt have to deal with it.
It just happened for the 3rd time in the same series again.. The actual games I played I would be 5-3, but add up those 3 disconnects and it puts me at 5-6 and I need to restart the 5th seed again for the 3rd time. Looks like I need to go 7-2 if I want to make the 4th seed, definitely possible, just a pain to keep repeating.

Enjoy the 6th seed while you can!!
Old 01-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
It just happened for the 3rd time in the same series again.. The actual games I played I would be 5-3, but add up those 3 disconnects and it puts me at 5-6 and I need to restart the 5th seed again for the 3rd time. Looks like I need to go 7-2 if I want to make the 4th seed, definitely possible, just a pain to keep repeating.

Enjoy the 6th seed while you can!!
thats bull***t man. they need to fix that crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:

I got eliminated form the 4th seed without even playing because every game I tried was 0-0L before it even began I only played one and I still lost it even tho I was blowing the other guy out because I got the arbitration error

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:

I made a thread about this with screenshots it's extremely frustrating. I got demoted from the 4th seed because of it 3 lossess and finally bounced back. 2k needs to address this especially in the higher seeds not fair.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

I was in my last promotion shot for the 3rd seed last night got a 0-0 loss on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »