Home

NEW Moments including incredible DIAMOND!

This is a discussion on NEW Moments including incredible DIAMOND! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #49
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NEW Moments including incredible DIAMOND!

Where is my Diamond Ish Smith 2k?
Old 01-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
I don't like the direction 2k is going with this. They are cooking up diamond players like crack! What happened to diamonds being rare and scarce? At this rate, diamonds will be flooding the auction houses and everyone online will have a diamond stacked line up. Last year I had one Diamond player, Kevin Durant (free as well lol) I love playing RTTP and because of these diamond releases I will have to go on further perfecting my line up with less skilled players to combat this freak show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it still isn't easy to get a diamond not everybody has a mill or so mt, people aren't pulling them in packs either so diamonds will prob stay above 700k
Old 01-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #51
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

NEW Moments including incredible DIAMOND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSwegz
it still isn't easy to get a diamond not everybody has a mill or so mt, people aren't pulling them in packs either so diamonds will prob stay above 700k

I played 4 opponents with 3 diamonds in their lineup. Coin sites are largely to blame for people having loads of mt to spend. You can buy 800k mt for almost $200usd. People with deep pockets won't mind paying this. 800k mt can get you into the flipping game and you can double, or even triple that amount with intelligent sniping and keeping up with changes in DR cards.

It's nonsense seeing average players with diamond cards due to having a "good game". I wish I was stupid enough to buy mt but bills, a girlfriend, a mortgage, and a car payment won't allow that haha

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 01-19-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

NBA Live's Ultimate Team mode did it right:

Kemba's card got a slight boost in LUT, but he didn't instantly become one of the best cards in the game, and his rating didn't eclipse any hall of fame players.
Attached Images
File Type: png live.png (193.3 KB, 65 views)
Old 01-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #53
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Kemba's card got a slight boost in LUT, but he didn't instantly become one of the best cards in the game, and his rating didn't eclipse any hall of fame players.

How does Live get it right but 2k doesn't? SMFH

Old 01-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #54
Pro

2k Already messed up by having these unrealistic diamond cards in the first place. But in order to keep things from going way out of whack, the diamonds must remain very rare. The Butler and wall cards were selling today in AH for approx 800k MT. They really need to stabilize around 750k ad not drop any lower. There are the diamonds available from the black market, currently just Steve Nash which goes for 750k. Eventually there will be a Magic, Bird, and few others as well, also will be priced at 750k or maybe 1mil, but definitely not any higher than 1mil. If these new diamonds that were spontaneously dropped into the game start selling below 750k MT in the AH it will be a big problem, as the black market rewards will become obsolete. Yes, people will want a diamond Bird, Magic, Nash, etc because they may be their favourite players.. But who will want to buy Nash for 750k MT when 96 overall John Wall, Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Kyrie Irving may be selling for 500k? When I bought my Nash card, I had no idea there would be 96 overall Wall, Kemba, etc.. I honestly thought that having a 96 Steve Nash would remain truly one of the elite PGs in the game, besides the Stockton rewards card. Even though Steve Nash was one of my favourite players.. if I had known these cheese cards would be released then I may not have spent all that MT on Nash.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
2k Already messed up by having these unrealistic diamond cards in the first place. But in order to keep things from going way out of whack, the diamonds must remain very rare. The Butler and wall cards were selling today in AH for approx 800k MT. They really need to stabilize around 750k ad not drop any lower. There are the diamonds available from the black market, currently just Steve Nash which goes for 750k. Eventually there will be a Magic, Bird, and few others as well, also will be priced at 750k or maybe 1mil, but definitely not any higher than 1mil. If these new diamonds that were spontaneously dropped into the game start selling below 750k MT in the AH it will be a big problem, as the black market rewards will become obsolete. Yes, people will want a diamond Bird, Magic, Nash, etc because they may be their favourite players.. But who will want to buy Nash for 750k MT when 96 overall John Wall, Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Kyrie Irving may be selling for 500k? When I bought my Nash card, I had no idea there would be 96 overall Wall, Kemba, etc.. I honestly thought that having a 96 Steve Nash would remain truly one of the elite PGs in the game, besides the Stockton rewards card. Even though Steve Nash was one of my favourite players.. if I had known these cheese cards would be released then I may not have spent all that MT on Nash.
See, it screwed people like you who played the BM. The BM is supposed to be exclusive and really expensive. At first this looked like a good way to reward those who play the game and the AH. If someone were to "buy" a BM Diamond player they would need to buy loads of VC and convert to MT which would've worked in 2k's favor ...but with the flood of Diamonds coming, pretty soon, like you said, you will be able to get 2 Diamond cards for about 1/4th more than you paid for the Nash...which you can't sell unless through glitching. the have no forethought....just screwing players with no regard. I really was considering buying Nash, then I said I will wait and maybe get Bird or Magic, then they started with the Jamal card and I said screw it.

Last edited by synistr; 01-19-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

LUT didn't boost Kemba's defense. I have no idea how scoring 52 points makes you a better defender. Especially considering Kemba was horrible on that end yesterday and has a reputation for being bad on d. Had LUT boosted his defense both cards would be the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »