Home

Taking budget baller to another level

This is a discussion on Taking budget baller to another level within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Taking budget baller to another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Most definitely. And, actually, I think Butler has more total attribute points than Klay, it's just that Klay's are in areas that are weighted more heavily in determining OVR.

Also: it's not necessarily an either/or. Both are big enough guards that, depending on matchup, they can often be playing SF as well. One could run Butler at 2 and Klay at 3, or vice-versa. (Of course, then, Kawhi and PG13 then enter the conversation.)
like we say to each his own. play style influences this. I like my combination of PG13 and DPOY Kawhi as far as preference and players I like IRL....but they weren't knocking down wide open shots for me so I had to swap them out for the time being. These 4 wings are always in my top candidates for a roster. it goes back to play style though...I have DR Draymond and people talk about how amazing he is...which I have not doubt, but when he was in my lineup the plays I ran he wasn't effective and I had a hard time shooting with him. Sometimes the choice comes down to release and animation.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
can't remember off top, my son has PS4, I have XB1....but they are all under my accounts. for PS4 I just created sub-account in PSN under my master....should still be able to do this. just doing PS4 account won't work.
Thanks...I figured it out eventually. Pretty confusing...but whatever.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
it goes back to play style though...I have DR Draymond and people talk about how amazing he is...which I have not doubt, but when he was in my lineup the plays I ran he wasn't effective and I had a hard time shooting with him. Sometimes the choice comes down to release and animation.
That's all certainly the case. Keep plugging away with DYN Draymond. It took me a while to get used to his shooting stroke, but he's become a very reliable outside shooter for me. Get Brick Wall and Dimer on him and P'n'R with him is as deadly as it is in real life. Opponents cannot sag off of him, so call for high P'n'R's and he helps to clear the paint for cutters, and/or to keep it relatively free for the P'n'R ballhandler to drive to basket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #52
Rookie

This isn't a super cheap lineup, but it's so effective. I one day just decided to throw a bunch of players I'm really comfortable with together through lower seeds, past 2ks, gauntlet etc and I found this lineup and it's super effective.

PG: Pippen
SG: Rip Hamilton Rewards
SF: Wall Current
PF: Baylor Roty
C: Dynamic Boban

Maravich
Eric Gordon
Igoudala
Porzingis
Reed

Mullin
DPOY Cooper
Al Jefferson

I've noticed I play better with a lineup without stars, because there are no subconscious bias' or forced shots, because you have to use all of your players individual strengths in a team effort, and I try to give all of the players equal minutes
Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
This isn't a super cheap lineup, but it's so effective. I one day just decided to throw a bunch of players I'm really comfortable with together through lower seeds, past 2ks, gauntlet etc and I found this lineup and it's super effective.

Maravich
Eric Gordon
Igoudala
Porzingis
Reed

Mullin
DPOY Cooper
Al Jefferson

I've noticed I play better with a lineup without stars, because there are no subconscious bias' or forced shots, because you have to use all of your players individual strengths in a team effort, and I try to give all of the players equal minutes
bet you catch people off guard with Wall at SF. played a guy that had Lillard at SF...but beat him tho. it is a good idea to have 1-3 as great playmakers. I am planning on using Penny at SF at some point.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #54
QNo
MVP

What's the point of using Pippen at the 1 and Wall at the 3? In case your opponent doesn't know how to change matchups?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #55
Rookie

hey all,

really interesting discussion on Klay vs Butler. I was really unsure on who to get, and that Dwight suggestion was really good as well. I really like Dwight as a pick&roll guy. The market made the decision for me though, and I'm still unsure of how it will work out.

After selling all but 3 bronzes I found Klay for 2000 MT and DPOY Chandler for 1400 MT and I bought them. Too cheap for me not to buy. The main reason I chose to go this way was because this leaves me with enough MT to try to bid for Stockton.

Also, I had my first loss in about 15 games (which was probably my best streak ever) and am really salty about it. I could blame the input lag, but the truth was that I played stupid basketball. I usually use swing motion and pace motion, while running some plays, but in that match I was just spamming the same play over and over and then being unable to defend properly to stop Kyrie's drives. No matter how I set my defensive settings, Neutra Defensive Focus also does not work at all, as Danny Green would keep leaving is man in the corner for no reason, until I changed the POE to Protect the Paint, and then he started being in position.

The stupidity here was that I was overconfident and felt I had the skill to pull away at any time, ending up loosing in the last minute with a couple of bad misses.

Players behaviour was still really good, and the guy kept taking my 3pt plays away. As soon as I realised that I should've switched to a Pace Motion and run pick&roll for a while because I had the speed advantage, but I did not.

Saw a TBT Dragic for 2400 MT on PS4 and felt really tempted, but decided not to pick him up, since Stockton is my goal at the moment. But today is the day to buy cheap players as you all are aware.

lowsingles, that forced shots issue with star players becomes a major weakness of my game when I'm not focused. Totally feel you there. Btw, how's that Pete Maravich?

synistr, as mentioned, keep practicing with Green, pick and pop, if you have space shoot, if not drive and finish at the rim, he's pretty good at that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles

Maravich
Eric Gordon
Igoudala
Porzingis
Reed

Mullin
DPOY Cooper
Al Jefferson

Eh...no stars?

You have Maravich, Pippen, Wall, Elgin Baylor, and Mullin - who doesn't even get on the court...sort of pointless, if you ask me.

Like a few others...I don't understand why you flop Pippen and Wall. I'm not saying playing guys out of position is necessarily 'cheese', but in this case it looks like it. I can't see the reason to flip these guys.

The only reason that makes sense is you're trying to take advantage of people who don't know how to change match ups...or you're trying to ABUSE Wall's speed as a SF for cheesy fast breaks.

I'd love to hear an explanation that involves the actual BASKETBALL strategy behind this....but I doubt we will - because there really isn't any....just 2K cheesing.

Last edited by 2kNerd; 01-21-2016 at 03:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »