Home

Why is MyTeam strictly Casual?

This is a discussion on Why is MyTeam strictly Casual? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why is MyTeam strictly Casual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I've seen Olajuwan hit threes quite a few times with his 63 rating and it's usually when people are just goofing around at the end of games chucking up prayers. Defense is impossible enough as it is then you have to worry about non-shooters being shooting threats especially in the corner where they basically rate it as a midrange shot.
Yes...but anything over about 60 in ST3PT makes that guy a viable 3PT shooter...especially if the guy on the sticks is a good shooter and has a player's release down.

It's not like he's going to consistently make them though...if someone is relying on Olajuwon to bury 3's...they probably aren't going to beat you.

As far as the actual ratings go though...this is another example of 2K being LAZY.

In '94 Olajuwon made 42.1% of his 3's....although it was only 19 attempts. So the 63 rating is pretty fair. However, they then applied the same 63 rating to '90 card...even though Olajuwon was only 1 of 6 on 3's that season.

My guess is they had to do this to make that card rated higher...ugh.

Then on the DPOY card which is based off the '93 season...they dropped Olajuwon to 40 because he was 0 for 9 on 3's.

Doesn't seem right...but it's 2K...so it's to be expected, I guess.

The Diamond Olajuwon's 3PT ratings are inflated. The other cards seem accurate based on the stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 07:42 AM   #26
Pro

I see no problem with Samuel Dalembert hitting that 3. He is a professional basketball player. He was wide open, feet set, banged the 3.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd

It's not like he's going to consistently make them though...if someone is relying on Olajuwon to bury 3's...they probably aren't going to beat you.

As far as the actual ratings go though...this is another example of 2K being LAZY.
2k likely gave him the 40 rating based on what they feel his probability is like based on his career history and I don't have a problem with that really.

you are right about someone relying on Hakeem from three which I address below as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Gauntlet is on All-Star/Casual difficulty. I just went into practice mode with Zaza (25 st 3) and made about 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 3s. In Gauntlet the pass might come from a Floor General with Dimer badge, both of which bump up that rating. Low Difficulty setting is responsible for a lot of the problems with this mode.
if that pass comes from a PG with those badges, it may improve his chances by an inth...percent. Perhaps enough for him to go say 2-8. as stated above, I wish someone would try and gun me out from deep with Hakeem or Zaza....I would surely give them the business. also, chances of it going in drastically decrease if the defense is anywhere near these guys, even in Gauntlet. its not like they have any outside scoring badges either.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
2k likely gave him the 40 rating based on what they feel his probability is like based on his career history and I don't have a problem with that really.
My 'lazy' comment was directed at the card with a 40...it was directed at the card with a 63, even though Olajuwon shot just 1-for-6 on 3's that season.

I can see them giving him the 63 rating for the season where he went 8-19...but keeping it the SAME for a season where he went just 1-6 is lazy.

However, I do see SOME logic in giving players who can make long 2's a slight uptick in their 3PT rating, even if they didn't actually shoot many 3's the season the card is based on.

I base this on the idea that if a player like Olajuwon or even Paul Mokeski shot a high percentage on long 2's that it they can likely MAKE an occasional 3, even if they didn't shoot many in that Historic season. This leaves the choice up to the player controlling them...yes, they can make an occasional 3...but how efficient is it to shoot them in a game?

It's very likely Olajuwon could have made 3's...but not efficiently...so he didn't shoot them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »