Home

Why is MyTeam strictly Casual?

This is a discussion on Why is MyTeam strictly Casual? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Why is MyTeam strictly Casual?

I am trying out MyTeam and playing the Gauntlet. I am huessing the concept of MyTeam was to target the casual fans? Very arcade. 3 pointers falling like layups!

Is there a way to play MyTeam with the hardcore sim users instead of turbo into the paint and 3s?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Why is MyTeam strictly Casual?

Casual is where a majority of the money is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 01-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I thought it was pretty cool to collect cards at first then I saw a 96 OVR Jamal Crawford and JR Smith. That confused me lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I am trying out MyTeam and playing the Gauntlet. I am huessing the concept of MyTeam was to target the casual fans? Very arcade. 3 pointers falling like layups!

Is there a way to play MyTeam with the hardcore sim users instead of turbo into the paint and 3s?
Exactly....

2K's missing a HUGE portion of the market when it comes to MyTeam by thinking of it as a mode only for CASUAL gamers.

What they actually have is a 'basketball sandbox' with players going back 50+ years in NBA history...and a mode that allows you to effectively run your own team/franchise while building a custom roster to fit your style.

Instead of capitalizing on that...they choose to focus on the cheesier parts of it. For example, this 'chase' for 'cheater' cards that are essentially just FICTIONAL cards of the BEST players already in the game.

I've been saying this for a couple of years now...they have a MONSTER on their hands...and don't have a clue how to effectively use it - which they've PROVEN with how they've handled it THIS year.

If they made this mode deeper and more strategic, they'd see more players actually PLAY it...and then see a more balanced Auction House...and increased VC sales.

Instead they have a mode that favors CHEESY gameplay, a broken marketplace, and little to no 'replay-ability' - which is another important factor for a mode where the GOAL is to get gamers to spend real money.

Oh...and in the process they're being undercut by 3rd party MT sellers making a profit off 2K's own in-game currency instead of them.

And they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
MVP

also, the issue isn't Casuals...its that they blend in Casuals with Hardcore in a lot of the modes and make concessions. In Gauntlet, RTTP, etc....everyone is in the same pool so they play with difficulty settings and sliders so Casuals feel like they are good at the game, which is only Fools Gold. they need separate levels of every mode. A casual would quit after the first day of RTTP if it was on HOF and they wouldn't think about buying the game ever again. I think even most of the challenges last year that were HOF only rewarded MT and not players. This is on purpose. Then they gave out Pink Diamonds to anyone with fast fingers or keyboards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
also, the issue isn't Casuals...its that they blend in Casuals with Hardcore in a lot of the modes and make concessions. In Gauntlet, RTTP, etc....everyone is in the same pool so they play with difficulty settings and sliders so Casuals feel like they are good at the game, which is only Fools Gold. they need separate levels of every mode. A casual would quit after the first day of RTTP if it was on HOF and they wouldn't think about buying the game ever again. I think even most of the challenges last year that were HOF only rewarded MT and not players. This is on purpose. Then they gave out Pink Diamonds to anyone with fast fingers or keyboards.
There is a simple solution...separate the modes. Or create a new version of MyTeam similar to RTTP that is more Sim.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #7
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I've about had enough of RTTP and I'm alternating between the 5th and 4th seed. I feel like I get matched up everytime with an absolute dumb * who knows next to nothing about strategy and gets rewarded for it.

Me on the other hand, the game punishes me for running a freelance offense with my guys missing open 3s every time. If your 3 pt rating isn't at least an 85, open 3s go down maybe 20% of the time.

Another thing is that I'm being punished for smart passing. I see an opening in the paint for an easy layup or dunk, but 2k decides to have the CPU defender go super reflex on me and tips or picks the ball off EVERY TIME.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I've about had enough of RTTP and I'm alternating between the 5th and 4th seed. I feel like I get matched up everytime with an absolute dumb * who knows next to nothing about strategy and gets rewarded for it.

Me on the other hand, the game punishes me for running a freelance offense with my guys missing open 3s every time. If your 3 pt rating isn't at least an 85, open 3s go down maybe 20% of the time.

Another thing is that I'm being punished for smart passing. I see an opening in the paint for an easy layup or dunk, but 2k decides to have the CPU defender go super reflex on me and tips or picks the ball off EVERY TIME.
this is the biggest problem I have with this mode. the system is b.s. people don't agree but this is cheating. no matter if its for me or against me. cheating can be defined as being rewarded undue-fully or being unwarranted punishment. people see me rant about Gauntlet all the time but its really unfair what they do. I've lost a few games recently because what happens is, if you get to 19 (point game) then the probability of you making the shot is about 10%. this coupled with the fact poor defenders all of a sudden become dpoy's. so what is the purpose in working to get open when its rigged for you to make the shot? the other team comes down and makes contested shot...now it comes down to who can be good/lucky enough to win...when you unjustifiably snatched probable victory from my hands.

in RTTP, its funny because you just know something is up. guys don't set PoEs or make any adjustments. sometimes if you get out to a quick lead they will quit...but all they have to do is stick around and things will start going their way.

I have said it before...it seems like the Devs have no middle-ground. Last year you did get rewarded more for smart play this year in addition to tweaking defense they also decided to mess with this. missed uncontested layups and oops or 10 footers don't happen often IRL. and Chris Paul doesn't get slightly bumped by Spencer Hawes and loses the ball IRL. The whole thing just feels artificial.

the reward for good players is the same as for bad. they should have a separate difficulty for RTTP for instance. Maybe 3. All Star/Superstar/HOF and let the rewards be different for each. This is how most other video games are. The reward is bigger based on the difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »