Home

2k banned some people from My Team

This is a discussion on 2k banned some people from My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Exclamation 2k banned some people from My Team

On the stream last night I heard Ronnie that some users were banned from My Team for violating their code. Anyone exactly what they did to get banned?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2k banned some people from My Team

The day before TBT Diamond Kobe dropped someone named lospollostv or something like that was banned from the AH. I didn't follow the guy but heard about it on twitter. I think he had like 6 different 1 million MT cards(that he obviously sold to a MT selling site) that he redeemed one right after the other. He supposedly bought tons of MT all the time.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Yea Los got banned for bragging pics at twitter of him buying 7 Million MT

Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #4
Rookie

90% of the 2k community who spend money buy mt instead of VC, im pretty sure los is the only guy that got banned because they wanted to make an example out of him to scare people off from buying mt. I know theres people with glitched MT out there that aren't banned yet. Also, since he's a pretty popular streamer who gets thousands of views daily, there will be many people who will get scared and stop buying mt so this is a win win for 2k in terms of making more money

Last edited by OGSwegz; 01-22-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

2k banned some people from My Team

This is a very interesting dilemma. What will 2k do next in regards to mt exploits? I remember last year they changed the team collection awards to sapphire players because of exploits. Will they introduce new ways to earn mt or limit it?! Is there any solution to this current issue? Why not go after coin sites? I'm confused and feel this issue is incurable. Only way to stop mass amounts of mt from entering the market is to deal with the coin sites, not the user. Why go after the middleman? Who's to blame for this? What will happen in 2k17? More people that find out about these coin sites and enjoy the results that are offered, won't it just get worse over time and further inflate prices of players in the auction house?

Sorry for all the questions but this whole thing makes me curious as to what the next steps will be for Myteam in the present and future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 01-22-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #6
MVP

I don't buy MT, nor would I recommend it. Its just not that serious. I will work with what I have, I don't need EVERY card in the game. However, I definitely don't recommend anyone buying VC. 2k doesn't deserve it and I wish everyone would stop buying it till they fix this game and stop cheating people with packs and dangling fake Diamonds to entice people to come out of pocket.

sn: there was an Amethyst Pippen on xb1 AH this morning. people selling reward cards may get banned too. Its exploitable, especially if you have friends to help you transfer MT.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
This is a very interesting dilemma. What will 2k do next in regards to mt exploits? I remember last year they changed the team collection awards to sapphire players because of exploits. Will they introduce new ways to earn mt or limit it?! Is there any solution to this current issue? Why not go after coin sites? I'm confused and feel this issue is incurable. Only way to stop mass amounts of mt from entering the market is to deal with the coin sites, not the user. Why go after the middleman? Who's to blame for this? What will happen in 2k17? More people that find out about these coin sites and enjoy the results that are offered, won't it just get worse over time and further inflate prices of players in the auction house?

Sorry for all the questions but this whole thing makes me curious as to what the next steps will be for Myteam in the present and future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if 2k is running the MT sites and doing a smoke and mirrors to make it look like they are cracking down.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It is strange that they decided to only ban one big name guy when roughly 75% of people on Twitch/YouTube are advertising for coin selling sites.

If 2K really wanted to teach these people a lesson, they would have banned everyone running Goldah commercials instead of just pulling one random name out of a hat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »