Home

Posting cards on auction block without available badge slots

This is a discussion on Posting cards on auction block without available badge slots within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Posting cards on auction block without available badge slots

In my opinion i think these cards are duds. Alot of times people waste slots for senseless badges. I rather get a card with all available slots. For example i passed up a cheap 6th man ben gordon (4550 mt) because the person used all the available slot. Whats yall opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Posting cards on auction block without available badge slots

I remember looking at a Ruby Jordan last year. He cost like 10-15M MT (PC AH), the 2nd most expensive card was Onyx Wilt for like 2M. He was pretty rare, only surfaced on the AH once or twice a week. Now this particular MJ had Volume Shooter added, along with some other silly badges. Way to ruin a great card.

Always check badges before you buy a card, so many people don't know what they're doing and screw their cards up.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Banned

It depends. I agree for the most part, but I've come across some nice cards with some of the top tier badges maxed...badges that actually made sense for the player. Because I have certainly seen something to the effect of a. Mutumbo with Limitless Range added. -_-

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
Pro

Some people know what they are doing and there are times when buying players fully badged is a big steal. Earlier this year I picked up ROTY MJ he had 39 gold badges including both perimeter and post lockdown defenders. All his badges were exactly how I would have upgraded him, it was a steal.

I agree though, it is important to look at badges before buying cards (when they are going into my rotation. If it is a snipe and resell then I dont care as much, I just jump on the good price). Sometimes I have had to pass up on cards I want with a good deal because the previous owner put stupid badges on them.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Always check badges before you buy a card, so many people don't know what they're doing and screw their cards up.
I was looking for a Curry to complete his challenge and I 'sniped' one for 105k with 30 gold badges. So happy before I scrolled all the way down to see the added badges. Lob city finisher, post lockdown defender, post hoperator, drop stepper, posterizer I was like wtf??

I listed him for 145k and hoped some other dumb *** would buy him without looking at the badges. He sold and I made a nice profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
Rookie

So you guys feel me. My durant is fully properly badged (28) and i feel its more valueable then one with 33 bagdes. I would buy mine over the other cause who knows what badge you wanna put on in future
Old 01-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

I prefer to get them with all slots available....but its a big snipe it doesn't matter because I am gonna resell anyway. if its a card I wanted and sniped, I will use it until I come across another for a good deal then replace it.

if I am just looking for a card I need and not a snipe....then I ALWAYS check the badges. so I come away with a lot of steals. because usually they have the badges I would've added. Sometimes you don't have the time to be looking but I check the badge count, then I look and see which badges they actually added.

I had been looking to buy Billups for a while, just waiting for the price I wanted, when it was in range there was one for about 12k, but it had all gold badges. there was one for 19k, it had all gold badges plus silver Microwave and Unfazed, which is exactly what I would've added so I just grabbed that one instead. the 7k extra was worth it because he was basically lineup ready.

when you have guys like Bron/MJ, they have just about every meaningful badge there is already so it wouldn't bother me much about them. only other badge I really would love on Bron is post lockdown anyway....which I haven't been able to add due to badge glitch.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum NoVa
So you guys feel me. My durant is fully properly badged (28) and i feel its more valueable then one with 33 bagdes. I would buy mine over the other cause who knows what badge you wanna put on in future
depends on whats on the 33 one. if its sensible then it would be a better deal. I have had my Durant since the first weekend the game was playable and I have only added Dimer to mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »