Home

Hakeem DPOY review?

This is a discussion on Hakeem DPOY review? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #9
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hakeem DPOY review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugeKnight
The Dream DPOY worth to pick up if you already have the normal historic one?
Good replies thanks guys looks worth it.

If anything though I'd wait until those all star packs come out, he should be dirt cheap then I'm already seeing him go for close to 200k badged up. I'm gonna wait till this weekend for sure the market def gonna crash with people going for those diamonds.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
MVP

be nice if we had some sort of inside line on when/what cards will be released. that way we could dump our previous versions before price drop
Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaravel
Has anyone tried both DPOY Hakeem and DPOY David Robinson?

Is Hakeem so much better, because in PS4 I can find the Admiral in almost half price.

yes he is much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #12
MVP

If I had to choose one or the other for same price, then it would be Hakeem, no doubt. Much better post scoring, better D, better midrange, and better passing.

But if Robinson is half the price and that difference means a lot to you, then you should at least consider Robinson.

He's special due to his athleticism. Much faster than other centers of his general type. Throw on a Speed shoe and he approaches Current Dwight Howard sort of speed. That shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #13
Rookie

I saved 500k MT to spend on 2-3 top players when Allstar Packs drop. For the C position I'm deciding between DPOY Hakeem, DPOY Howard and DPOY Robinson. The Dream was my favorite player last year because of his post game. Should I go after him or pick Rob or Dwight for the speed benefit?
Old 02-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I saved 500k MT to spend on 2-3 top players when Allstar Packs drop. For the C position I'm deciding between DPOY Hakeem, DPOY Howard and DPOY Robinson. The Dream was my favorite player last year because of his post game. Should I go after him or pick Rob or Dwight for the speed benefit?
you may have answered your own question. if you post up a lot then get Dream and dont think twice about it. if not then one of the other two....unless you find something for a great deal. if you play uptempo or trying to combat transition cheese, then get one of the other two.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #15
Rookie

mightybao's Arena

Totally depends on your playstyle. I had DPOY D12, DPOY Robinson and DPOY Hakeem. D12 is the best for PnR and transition. I had him surrounded with Russ, DPOY MJ, DR Kawhi and AD and it was transition city.

Hakeem you need to run a more methodical post-oriented offense (like flow motion) or you are wasting him.

Robinson is a bit of an in between. I ended up selling him because he isn't as good as Hakeem in the post and not as good as D12 in PnR/transition.

If you use Hakeem in a fast paced offense may as well just get DeAndre or regular Dwight it will be a waste of MT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #16
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybao
Totally depends on your playstyle. I had DPOY D12, DPOY Robinson and DPOY Hakeem. D12 is the best for PnR and transition. I had him surrounded with Russ, DPOY MJ, DR Kawhi and AD and it was transition city.

Hakeem you need to run a more methodical post-oriented offense (like flow motion) or you are wasting him.

Robinson is a bit of an in between. I ended up selling him because he isn't as good as Hakeem in the post and not as good as D12 in PnR/transition.

If you use Hakeem in a fast paced offense may as well just get DeAndre or regular Dwight it will be a waste of MT.
Gotcha. I run the Suns playbook and a Pace offense I'm thinking Dwight would be more suitable right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »