Home

The MVP collection was updated

This is a discussion on The MVP collection was updated within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
The MVP collection was updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
It's not that easy. From 1600 to 2300 it cost me two million MT. To get to 2600 it's easily another 2 million since the cards are getting more expensive. You need about 4 million MT to get him. It's harder to make MT now because it's a sellers market right now. By the time you do get enough cards to get him and play it out, most of your cards would have lost value and be pretty much quicksell.

2k Ruined it this year by messing up on the dynamic packs. They should have just not included them in the collection or actually given better pack odds. No one wants to open dynamic packs now since all star and MVP packs are coming out.

Not saying it's easy but how much you think MVP MJ will be going for on the AH? Easily 3 to 5 mill. Plus if you're building your collect going for 2600 you never buy cards for market value. All you purchases have to be snipes and save the expensive till the end. That's the smart way it.

Imo neither of the MJs are worth it tho, but for those that want a diamond MJ the collection reward is the way to go.

Last edited by Scramz718; 01-29-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The MVP collection was updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Not saying it's easy but how much you think MVP MJ will be going for on the AH? Easily 3 to 5 mill. Plus if you're building your collect going for 2600 you never buy cards for market value. All you purchases have to be snipes and save the expensive till the end. That's the smart way it.

Imo neither of the MJs are worth it tho, but for those that want a diamond MJ the collection reward is the way to go.
He will be a lot less than that. There will be tons of Dimaonds going around and it's not like people have 5 mil laying around. Those folks will want to have the other diamonds too.

I did mine of all Snipes. I picked up all the balls jerseys around 250 and players did not exceed 1,200 MT. The problem came with the Dymanic cards. They are all so rare and will become more rare as weeks go bye.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #27
Pro

Another thing with me not getting an amethyst from all of those box openings for that many months is that if it continues with the upcoming ones then that would mean I wouldn't get a single new player. I'm not going to open anywhere near 10 boxes at one time anymore though.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
Another thing with me not getting an amethyst from all of those box openings for that many months is that if it continues with the upcoming ones then that would mean I wouldn't get a single new player. I'm not going to open anywhere near 10 boxes at one time anymore though.
That's why i believe the pack odds for all star mvp's will be better. In those 10 boxes i am sure you pulled several gold DPOY cards. If people open 10 boxes and dont get one all star mvp than people will riot. My only thought is they may add the current all stars to the collection which will give some gold players, which will get pulled a ton

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
That's why i believe the pack odds for all star mvp's will be better. In those 10 boxes i am sure you pulled several gold DPOY cards. If people open 10 boxes and dont get one all star mvp than people will riot. My only thought is they may add the current all stars to the collection which will give some gold players, which will get pulled a ton
Good point and it will be very interesting how they specify drop rates for these packs. To balance that dilemma of needing to maintain rarity of Gem cards and needing to not have the packs be super-disappointing to most people.

Could be that the 92 OVR ones are dropped with more frequency than Amethysts usually are, and the 95 OVR ones are as rare as Amethysts normally are. The Diamonds ultra-rare as has been the case.

The Amethysts are good cards, of course, but none of them are "OP," so I could see them dropping them at the same sort of rate as Amethysts were dropped in the first couple days of the DPOY packs.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72

If they do add gold players that is probably the best I'll get. That's how it was for DPOY packs. Which is better than nothing but still...I want better than that at this point. I'm one of the ones with a luck rating of -50. I'm not sure which situation(gold cards added or not) to hope for.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
If they do add gold players that is probably the best I'll get. That's how it was for DPOY packs. Which is better than nothing but still...I want better than that at this point. I'm one of the ones with a luck rating of -50. I'm not sure which situation(gold cards added or not) to hope for.
these packs may be good but as far as I am concerned I am done with packs. I built up millions this year simply by avoiding them and I lost a few hundred thousand by purchasing. I can save up enough in 3-4 days to buy mostly any Amethyst. I can save up for 2 weeks and get a Diamond. thats better than blowing MT.

I have been opening packs everyday since DPOY and the best I have gotten was Moments Whiteside. Today I opened about 10 Moments packs and didnt get a single Moments card. In the past 2 days I opened about 10 DR packs and havent gotten a single DR card. Out of all of those packs, I got ALL Current Silvers, none of which I might add were worth more than quick sell value. For this reason I will not buy another pack. Themed cards should have best odds, not worse.

So have at it....you guys have one less puller to deal with, but it wasnt like I was hurting anyone elses odds. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2016, 04:45 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I can save up enough in 3-4 days to buy mostly any Amethyst. I can save up for 2 weeks and get a Diamond.
So you save about 100K per day? Wow!
How do you do it? I assume you spend a lot of time in the auction house.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »