Home

The MVP collection was updated

This is a discussion on The MVP collection was updated within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #65
Banned

Enso's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The MVP collection was updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I wonder if there's even any in the market that have been pulled and put up, I haven't checked.

I have a question about the runes basically I have 3 right now and stopped looking at cards for them a long time ago. Never been in there before. If I flip and find a couple more does that give me access or I'd still need to do domination games to find a code? I'm basically finished with both dominations if so that'd suck.
You can re play domination games. I think the first time you find 5 runes it'll automatically let you in the BM. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. If you wan't access afterwards that's when you need to play a domination game and get one of those trials. Once you complete a trial you are then given a Rune code that won't necessarily be the same as the first 5 runes you found. That's when you need to flip the rest of your cards and find the runes that are need for that particular code.

Complicated I know but that's what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #66
Rookie

As of right now, the black market is pointless and getting runes/doing trials are a BIG waste of time since the packs are trash. Most people are barely getting any golds from them so best bet is to wait until next week when they are officially released and the odds should be better since a lot more people will be opening them.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #67
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSwegz
As of right now, the black market is pointless and getting runes/doing trials are a BIG waste of time since the packs are trash. Most people are barely getting any golds from them so best bet is to wait until next week when they are officially released and the odds should be better since a lot more people will be opening them.

Not true
I just streamed my pack opening and got two amethysts, good golds and silvers like gerald green or igoudala. Even though they weren't AllStars I got my MT back and 150k on the top. Odds are definitely as good as DPOY as how it looks to me.
Anyway how can be black market a pointless waste of time if you can get diamond larry for 750k? Dumbest thing I heard...
Old 02-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I wonder if there's even any in the market that have been pulled and put up, I haven't checked.

I saw a 95 ovr George Gervin About 8-9 hours ago.

He was going for 800-825k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufo
I saw a 95 ovr George Gervin About 8-9 hours ago.

He was going for 800-825k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gervin is the only one I saw too, he was going 650k Bid 700k BIN on ps4 earlier this afternoon.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Not true
I just streamed my pack opening and got two amethysts, good golds and silvers like gerald green or igoudala. Even though they weren't AllStars I got my MT back and 150k on the top. Odds are definitely as good as DPOY as how it looks to me.
Anyway how can be black market a pointless waste of time if you can get diamond larry for 750k? Dumbest thing I heard...
well the majority of ppl did not get a single amethyst/diamond, ur better off waiting next week when everybody is opening them. Also, your literally wasting hours looking at virtual cards for to see if it has stars on them, then you gotta waste more hours doing trials seeing if you'll get the correct codes. In the end, you'll end up seeing bums like nash and scal instead of larry who isn't even that good because he is slow af. Also, you acting like everybody has 750k to pull out of their pockets that's not an easy amount to come by unless you spend hundreds. I'd rather use my 750k on another diamond that i can sell back when i feel like it

Last edited by OGSwegz; 02-06-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSwegz
well the majority of ppl did not get a single amethyst/diamond, ur better off waiting next week when everybody is opening them. Also, your literally wasting hours looking at virtual cards for to see if it has stars on them, then you gotta waste more hours doing trials seeing if you'll get the correct codes. In the end, you'll end up seeing bums like nash and scal instead of larry who isn't even that good because he is slow af. Also, you acting like everybody has 750k to pull out of their pockets that's not an easy amount to come by unless you spend hundreds. I'd rather use my 750k on another diamond that i can sell back when i feel like it
If you examine cards after you acquire them then it doesn't feel like you are ever spending hours going through the entire collection hunting for runes. Although cumulatively you may spend hours, 2 minutes here and there over the months doesn't really consume much energy. Also nobody searches for trials. They pop up and you beat them or you don't, but if you are playing the game just to ball then trials will pop up now and then and every once in awhile you will beat it. Lastly, many dedicated players have 750k without spending hundreds of dollars, the game has been out for months now and if you spend the majority of your time on MyTeam mode you can get pretty far. Casual games are not afforded that luxury.

Steve Nash is not a bum, he is incomplete with missing badges, plays, and hotspots, however, he is still deadly when used right. I am sure if you played Larry at the 4 spot he would be lethal, not slow at all compared to other PF's, and his lateral quickness is 80+, he has the height and post D to bang down low, plus exceptional post fade and passing skills too. Seems like a steal for 750k considering the only other card currently in the game that is rated better than him is 81pt Kobe that goes for 5m+ in AH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The problem with low speed guys like Bird and Dirk is that your opponent can just burn them with a manual backdoor cut to the basket for an easy dunk.

Bird's lateral quickness is pretty good but it only helps him in on-ball defensive situations. Off-ball, he's a big liability against faster forwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »