Home

So sick of the scripting in this game

This is a discussion on So sick of the scripting in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: So sick of the scripting in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
This thread is gonna get closed once a mod sees it, there is no comeback engine in the game. There are weird momentum swings but they're not happening because 2k wants one player to win more than they want the other player to win.
this is forever going to be a debate. I was commenting on this before mod closed the thread. I can't say these people are "crazy" for thinking what they think. I did. However, once I started playing different, I didn't notice it as much. My games are much closer now and I get the occasional blow out. before, it was blow out or be blown out.

the issue with debating this on these forums is...there is a razor thin line between scripted and momentum. so thin that its difficult for one person on one side of the line and a person on the other side to differentiate between the two. also a matter of semantics.

defense basically overcame this for me for the most part. yeah, I had a guy score 18 on me in the 4th quarter with Klay under heavy pressure, but Klay scored almost 40 in the 3rd quarter a week ago right? (Klay has the Closer badge) the key for me was to stick with my offense as usual, not go into rage mode, no jumping/reaching, etc...and rely on my go-to plays.

there is some really buggy stuff in this game that I spoke about before like ball handlers being bumped and losing the ball. again...you have to do your best to avoid contact. that rarely happens to me now. I believe this should be patched but I work around it for now. some of these things contribute to what we believe is scripted. again, its semantics...so I won't say anyone is right or wrong in their opinion. there is definitely momentum, and once it swings, depending on how you handle it, it could determine how you mentally view these outcomes.

Someone said they missed like 3 green releases in a game recently while opponent was nailing heavily contested shots. I will say that if this is indeed happening....record the game. I have never really been a firm believer of this game being "scripted". my issue was how momentum was artificially handled. again....since I changed up my play style....I can't say I have noticed anything that has seemed uber-ridiculous.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
😂😂😂😂😂😂 This happens to me 7/10 games, I'm up big and my guys start bricking easy shots, and they start nailing everything.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
What is an easy shot. You can't say you are finding open looks every time and your bricking them. If your always open like that than theres no reason you can't find an easy layup or dunk. Your OP showed you outlet pass for 3s and attempting back to back 3s with klay. If you can't provide evidence and you claim it's unfair, it just sounds like your complaining about losing.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:59 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
What is an easy shot. You can't say you are finding open looks every time and your bricking them. If your always open like that than theres no reason you can't find an easy layup or dunk. Your OP showed you outlet pass for 3s and attempting back to back 3s with klay. If you can't provide evidence and you claim it's unfair, it just sounds like your complaining about losing.
yeah, you really have to learn animations and releases too. guys aren't gonna just hit shots because they are open. timing is key, especially online. one time I missed 3 wide open back to back 3-pointers with T-Mac in the same possession. that happens. I could've moved in a foot or kicked it to someone else because T-Mac just wasn't feeling it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I do find layups and dunks, but when I have open 3s off the break with Klay, I'm going to take them. I'm complaining about random momentum swings, when I'm against crap players. It always happens at the same time, a couple minutes into the 4th, and it accounts for at least half my losses. You seem to imply that I cheese with threes, but if I'm running the break and I see Klay open, I'm hitting him, and when he's been hitting those all game, there's no reason for him to start bricking open shots in the fourth.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
I do find layups and dunks, but when I have open 3s off the break with Klay, I'm going to take them. I'm complaining about random momentum swings, when I'm against crap players. It always happens at the same time, a couple minutes into the 4th, and it accounts for at least half my losses. You seem to imply that I cheese with threes, but if I'm running the break and I see Klay open, I'm hitting him, and when he's been hitting those all game, there's no reason for him to start bricking open shots in the fourth.

again, and I am not trying to dispute you, because I had issues similar too but sometimes there is a valid explanation for this. how is Klay's stamina? was he playing in the 3rd? see, if I use Klay, I rest him at the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th. because he has Closer, I need him to be really fresh and play the last 3 minutes of the game if I need him too. also, who are you playing along with him? seriously, you can't do anything about the momentum...its gonna be there. crap players always get rewarded and not penalized for reaching/jumping. but....if you really lock down their guys they shouldn't be able to beat you and if you have a smart patient offense that can get consistent scores....you can keep momentum from getting out of hand. do this consistently and you will see it swing right back your way.

this guy was beating me by 15 at half, I pondered raging because it was one of those game where just NOTHING was going my way. instead of raging or quitting, I put in my bench, which is super solid defensively. 4 guys have defensive anchor and then you got Patrick Beverley. by the end of the quarter I was up by 3 and they still had their starters in. after about 2 min in the 4th quarter I put my starters in and it was a complete blowout. the game is funny....you gotta learn how it works and get used to it. when you do, you should notice the wild swings and runs a lot less.

Last edited by synistr; 02-09-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
again, and I am not trying to dispute you, because I had issues similar too but sometimes there is a valid explanation for this. how is Klay's stamina? was he playing in the 3rd? see, if I use Klay, I rest him at the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th. because he has Closer, I need him to be really fresh and play the last 3 minutes of the game if I need him too. also, who are you playing along with him? seriously, you can't do anything about the momentum...its gonna be there. crap players always get rewarded and not penalized for reaching/jumping. but....if you really lock down their guys they shouldn't be able to beat you and if you have a smart patient offense that can get consistent scores....you can keep momentum from getting out of hand. do this consistently and you will see it swing right back your way.

this guy was beating me by 15 at half, I pondered raging because it was one of those game where just NOTHING was going my way. instead of raging or quitting, I put in my bench, which is super solid defensively. 4 guys have defensive anchor and then you got Patrick Beverley. by the end of the quarter I was up by 3 and they still had their starters in. after about 2 min in the 4th quarter I put my starters in and it was a complete blowout. the game is funny....you gotta learn how it works and get used to it. when you do, you should notice the wild swings and runs a lot less.
I rest my starters for most of the 3rd normally, and I played good defense on 80% of his jumpers, but he kept nailing contested threes.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #15
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Closing this thread. Devs have repeatedly said there is no scripting. These threads turn into nothing but bickering between the "believers" and the "non-believers".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »