Home

So sick of the scripting in this game

This is a discussion on So sick of the scripting in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
So sick of the scripting in this game

So I went back to 2k a couple days ago, after not playing for 3 months. I got back into myteam. So I was in seed 5, needing to win 6 of 7 to get promoted (got disconnected 4 times). I won 1 game, and then I got into a game against some kid who was terrible at the game, just chucking threes and trying to turbo past everyone. So I'm up 15 headed into the 4th, everything's going fine. Then he proceeds to chuck up 3 straight contested 3s with kyrie, an do course he hits them. No biggie, I can deal with this. Then Klay Thompson misses back to back open threes, he hits a couple more bull**** shots, and we're tied. Fast forward to 15 seconds left. Tie game, he misses, I outlet to Terrence Ross, who has about 10 feet of space, and his feet set, for a corner three. But of course he bricks it, KYRIE IRVING out rebounds RUDY GOBERT, and he goes down court, hits a double covered fading corner 3 with kyle korver, and wins. Same **** happened in my next 2 games, and I got relegated. I'm so sick of 2k scripting these games so that kids who suck at 2k don't feel bad.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: So sick of the scripting in this game

I hear you. The games becoming incredibly frustrating.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Rookie

There's something wrong with it when I was down big 3rd quarter and get an offensive rebound panic fire it to anyone open at the 3 point line. Screen rotates and I realized that I am already in the shooting motion with Tyson Chandler for a wide open set 3. It swished. Never shot outside the lane with him in my life so it's not like I have his shot down. Couldn't help but laugh picturing the opponent curse as 2k anointed me with the you are horrible and need a miracle badge. Pretty sure that I was upgraded to gold!

Can't remember if I won or not during my incredible Sim basketball experience.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Couldn't agree more. When people say this game doesn't do this..I don't know what they're talkign about. It is clear as day. You pretty much know whose going to win the game by the 2nd quarter. I don't understand why 2k wants to let the donkeys off so easily.. I know they want to let them win so they keep buying their game. What a shame.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:42 AM   #5
Pro

Hard to just say there is scripting in a game that is determined by user input. we don't know how you played the game and how the opponent played. There are things 2k can fix but it's a bit ridiculous to say 2k has coding that helps determine if someone sucks so they can boost percentages to help them win.

At least have evidence to show, be easier to judge and critique. We can't make 2k fix the game if we can't prove the problems exist. Only evidence can prove their game is too casual now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Hard to just say there is scripting in a game that is determined by user input. we don't know how you played the game and how the opponent played. There are things 2k can fix but it's a bit ridiculous to say 2k has coding that helps determine if someone sucks so they can boost percentages to help them win.

At least have evidence to show, be easier to judge and critique. We can't make 2k fix the game if we can't prove the problems exist. Only evidence can prove their game is too casual now.
So you're gonna tell me there's no weird momentum swings? And you've never missed A quality shots when you're up big, while your opponent hits contested shots?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
So you're gonna tell me there's no weird momentum swings? And you've never missed A quality shots when you're up big, while your opponent hits contested shots?

This thread is gonna get closed once a mod sees it, there is no comeback engine in the game. There are weird momentum swings but they're not happening because 2k wants one player to win more than they want the other player to win.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
there is no comeback engine in the game.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 This happens to me 7/10 games, I'm up big and my guys start bricking easy shots, and they start nailing everything.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »