Home

Things You Wish Were Patched

This is a discussion on Things You Wish Were Patched within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Things You Wish Were Patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I think "no role" is an overstatement, though I get and agree with the main point that fatigue can be much less relevant than it should be.

One can get around subbing players through a combination of: using time outs specifically for replenishing Energy in the most judicious way possible, and players getting hot compensating for fatigue.

Another thing is that decrease in Energy has a lot to do with certain actions a player might perform during play, not necessarily time spent on the court. If you basically force offense to funnel through one guy dominating the ball, you'll notice that, while he loses a lot of energy quickly, the rest of the team stays extremely fresh, comparatively.
also, Posterizer and Eraser badges replenish energy. like if you have Lebron and all 5 players have 90 energy, he gets 2 dunks....his energy may be 88 but the rest of the team goes back up to 99 for example. the only player you have to rest is Lebron...and you don't even have to do that if you have others who can make plays with those badges.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #18
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
also, Posterizer and Eraser badges replenish energy. like if you have Lebron and all 5 players have 90 energy, he gets 2 dunks....his energy may be 88 but the rest of the team goes back up to 99 for example. the only player you have to rest is Lebron...and you don't even have to do that if you have others who can make plays with those badges.
That's super interesting, didn't know that. Relentless finisher also has an obvious effect on stamina.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
That's super interesting, didn't know that. Relentless finisher also has an obvious effect on stamina.
yes, the way Relentless works is, normally when a player tries to finish through contact, it drains their energy some. with Relentless it doesn't drain energy from the contact.

...now...if Lebron is going to the hole...he has Relentless, Bruiser, and Posterizer. if he makes a contact dunk...he won't lose any energy, the defender will have some energy drained, and Lebrun's teammates will get an energy boost. triple whammy.

also, this year Brick Wall depletes energy. so most of my bigs have Bruiser and Brick Wall, so when you run into that screen you get a double dose of energy sap.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #20
Rookie

I may be alone on this one and I'm not even sure how this impacts gameplay but bump animations on defence should be reduced considerably. Either that or allow dribble moves when the defender is playing that close.

It happens way to often that a defender runs into me and I get stuck in a couple of bump animations and when I try to spin away from it, the dribble move does not work.

But I understand that to take bump animations, lots of other gameplay things needed to be reworked.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr

...now...if Lebron is going to the hole...he has Relentless, Bruiser, and Posterizer. if he makes a contact dunk...he won't lose any energy, the defender will have some energy drained, and Lebrun's teammates will get an energy boost. triple whammy.
had no idea the mechanics worked like this. But I see no reason for energy boosts, I'd understand stuff like getting closer to one red ring, energy boost though... I don't know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
I may be alone on this one and I'm not even sure how this impacts gameplay but bump animations on defence should be reduced considerably. Either that or allow dribble moves when the defender is playing that close.

It happens way to often that a defender runs into me and I get stuck in a couple of bump animations and when I try to spin away from it, the dribble move does not work.

But I understand that to take bump animations, lots of other gameplay things needed to be reworked.
yeah, I hate when that happens. if you are too close to defender you can't do any advanced dribbling.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

I have seen some twitch or youtube 2k 'stars' complain about those 'bump animations'. Haven't experienced them myself in offline play, gauntlet or in the lowest 4 seeds of RTTP. They complained about losing the ball while dribbling right into a defender in position or in a crowded paint. When going full turbo BTW.

Some people should just learn to play the game of basketball. When a defender is playing close you should use the triple threat or the signature backup move to create space and blow right past them. Just like IRL. Why would you try to do dribbel moves then?

Learn to use the L2 'post up' position when you are in trouble, to protect the ball and look at the options. Also when you are on the perimeter.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
had no idea the mechanics worked like this. But I see no reason for energy boosts, I'd understand stuff like getting closer to one red ring, energy boost though... I don't know...
yes, anytime a player with Eraser blocks a shot the other 4 guys on the floor get a 5% stamina boost, likewise if a player with Posterizer makes a dunk near a defender. in addition to the boost....if Eraser blocks a shot the player who was blocked takes a 5 point hit on all his shooting stats for 15 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »