Home

Things You Wish Were Patched

This is a discussion on Things You Wish Were Patched within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Things You Wish Were Patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I have seen some twitch or youtube 2k 'stars' complain about those 'bump animations'. Haven't experienced them myself in offline play, gauntlet or in the lowest 4 seeds of RTTP. They complained about losing the ball while dribbling right into a defender in position or in a crowded paint. When going full turbo BTW.

Some people should just learn to play the game of basketball. When a defender is playing close you should use the triple threat or the signature backup move to create space and blow right past them. Just like IRL. Why would you try to do dribbel moves then?

Learn to use the L2 'post up' position when you are in trouble, to protect the ball and look at the options. Also when you are on the perimeter.
that's not what he means I don't think. when you get sucked into the animation when the defender bodies you, you can't do step-backs even though you are dribbling and haven't picked up your dribble (so triple threat doesn't apply here). its like a tractor beam. you have to actually create more space and get out of the animation to be able to use space-creating signature moves. happens to me all the time in Gauntlet.

Last edited by synistr; 02-10-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I have seen some twitch or youtube 2k 'stars' complain about those 'bump animations'. Haven't experienced them myself in offline play, gauntlet or in the lowest 4 seeds of RTTP. They complained about losing the ball while dribbling right into a defender in position or in a crowded paint. When going full turbo BTW.
As soon as you go online and you have the defender running into you, constantly, with guys like LeBron, Kawhi, AD, etc triggering those animations, let me know about learning how to play.

Has nothing to do with whatever you mentioned.It has to do with defender running into you and you get stuck because you can't do dribble moves.

I'd advise playing a bit more online before assuming others don't know how to play.

Edit: IMO, when you turbo into players, should just be a foul.

Edit 2: There's probably a counter to that, that I don't know. I'd be happy to learn that. I think part of the issue is the spacing as well, the court seems small for the size of the player models.

Last edited by Ichi; 02-10-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
As soon as you go online and you have the defender running into you, constantly, with guys like LeBron, Kawhi, AD, etc triggering those animations, let me know about learning how to play.

Has nothing to do with whatever you mentioned.It has to do with defender running into you and you get stuck because you can't do dribble moves.

I'd advise playing a bit more online before assuming others don't know how to play.

Edit: IMO, when you turbo into players, should just be a foul.
I have discussed this many times. The bump that causes you to lose the ball...sometimes out of bounds on offense btw...happens regardless if you are using turbo or not. It happens much more frequently of course if you turbo into a crowd. It doesn't happen to me much at all now but thats because I am aware of it, so I know not to even be aligned in that angle where it will trigger. that doesn't take the fact away that it still happens though.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I have discussed this many times. The bump that causes you to lose the ball...sometimes out of bounds on offense btw...happens regardless if you are using turbo or not. It happens much more frequently of course if you turbo into a crowd. It doesn't happen to me much at all now but thats because I am aware of it, so I know not to even be aligned in that angle where it will trigger. that doesn't take the fact away that it still happens though.
patch 3, if I recall correctly, corrected this bumping animation, but most people couldn't stay in position to defend so they took it.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

The teammate fast break D is atrocious, your teammates routinely let guys running off ball run right by them and actually open up on D (regardless of their IQ ratings) to facilitate their scoring opportunity. It's ridiculous, you literally have to control every player when defending fastbreaks or else your opponent will score. And it's not like your teammate is just slower and gets blown by, it'll happen with elite defenders with elite athleticism against mediocre athletes (relative to the other players) and scorers. Your teammates just take the worst angles at all time. Not only that, they always let the computer shoot wide open 3s in transition even when at a numbers advantage. It's inane, your teammate will choose to play a zone and guard the interior and completely sag off. Not to mention the fact that the computer shoots 1000% on fastbreaks, they make every single pull-up jumper and can score in traffic regardless of the player or opponent guarding them (unless you block the shot, but otherwise they don't miss).
Old 02-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9

The spacing is also horrendous, every one only cuts to the basket or clogs the lane unless you use play with the offensive strategy (using 4-1, pace and space the floor or freelance, those kind of things). Otherwise, guys will give up open 3s to cut into a clogged lane so you'll turn the ball over because by the time you pass it, your teammate will decide he'd rather moss 2 defenders and try his hand at scoring on 2 guys at once instead of shooting a wide open 3. On fastbreaks every one will clog the lane instead of some staying out on the 3 point line proving outlets to kick the ball out to. So if you try and pass to a trailer, you'll often find him in a sea of guys in the paint or on his way (so he'll fumble the ball into a defender).

Every single big men plays the passing lanes like Miami Lebron and picks pockets like prime Gary Payton as well. There's way too many blocks from behind where guys are beaten but somehow are able to make superhuman blocks. Your teammates on the perimeter will quit on offense and get back on D way before you're even close to scoring, so you'll be playing offense 4 on 5, so instead of having a wide open 3 (in situations where the Defenders double or help) from a normal distance, they're standing 10-20 feet behind the 3pt line killing your opportunity because you have to then dribble up and the defense adjusts and you're no longer open. The CPU is also faster than the ball in some instances (defying conventional basketball wisdom and the game's own commentary), so smart passing is often nullified. Passing is way too slow, so the computer is always able to catch up to its trajectory and intercept/deflect passes. Every defender catches every single interception and has eyes on the back of their heads, etc etc
Old 02-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #31
MVP

^

come from behind blocks are one of the worst things in the game due to lack of realism. I have guys like T-Mac, Vince, MJ, etc...they get blocked at least once a game like this, maybe 2-3 times...lol. unrealistic. you really have to lay the ball in a lot of times to avoid the block. this is an animation issue. Penny for instance has different animations and rarely gets his dunks blocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I think I didn't explain myself properly... So, what most players are doing is building a great defensive team, go to settings and put tight smother and play off-ball.

I'm passing the ball around and finally see an angle to attack, what happens here, more times that it should, is that the defender CPU, somehow recovers (OK, fair enough), but it bumps me, creating an animation of 0.5 secs maybe where controls are not responsive. Another smart thing I saw some players do was, as soon as they see this happening, call a double team and run with their players against mine.

In this situation I have to options, either quickly pass the ball (which I do most of the times), or try to back off a little bit.

Backing off sometimes triggers weird animations.

What I'd like, and if you guys played you know this, when a defender press you like that but gives um an angle, you do a spin move. The defender overplayed and should get burned for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »