Home

What the hell has happened to this game?

This is a discussion on What the hell has happened to this game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What the hell has happened to this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I think its simple. Its either they don't have the manpower to dedicate to policing it or they are actually connected to the sites in some way. I'd like to know how these sites are generating the MT.
Either Resale, or gold-farming.

Every major game with a tradable currency has massive gold-farms. In computer games, this is simple, Chinese gold-farms are literally people playing for cents on the hour gaining gold.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Either Resale, or gold-farming.

Every major game with a tradable currency has massive gold-farms. In computer games, this is simple, Chinese gold-farms are literally people playing for cents on the hour gaining gold.
but on consoles in particular wouldn't this be a win-win for 2k due to the amount of copies of the game that need to be purchased?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #19
Rookie

After seeing Diamond Rondo I think I'm giving up. 2k really needs to hire new personnel. Even if Ty Lawson owned 2k, he wouldn't give himself a diamond card. Making them super rare means nothing if you can do math. With 1 Diamond card a week, and god forbid somebody scores 50 points, Diamond Cards will be as common as Amethyst. I was so excited to see cards like Glen Robinson and Kieth Van Horn, but now in Mid-February that thrill is gone. Those cards will be 13th men in Rttp, only usable in blowouts. Collecting 2700 cards sounded nice too. Maybe in July it will all be worth it. Of course by then with the MT Ive spent to collect to get Diamond MJ, I've could bought an array of fantasy cards I had no idea were going to be in the game before I started collecting cards.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
when we were complaining about broken players, dynamic updates and such....it felt like there wasn't a single person in charge of working on this mode. after Christmas after all the complaints and people saying they were going to Live....they showed some life. now it seems like there is one person working on it. lol.

they dont deserve our money if they are not going to pay people and put it to work.
And a lot of the problems have been around since last year or even longer.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
but on consoles in particular wouldn't this be a win-win for 2k due to the amount of copies of the game that need to be purchased?
Stolen Credit Cards, they work outside the US in the third world.

I know this occurs for other games WOW/Runescape. So they obviously don't have a problem with getting computers. i'm merely speculating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Y..._channel=GeJin

^ Chinese gold-farming it's not very pretty.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWvH...l=markeedragon

Last edited by A6_Foul_Out; 02-11-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #22
MVP

And you really have to ignore the YouTubers who criticize 2k for a brief second only to get back to pretending it's all good--they need 2k, that's what they do, they're not going to tell you not to play it or shut down their channel, it's all many of them have going on. Not blaming them but don't base your opinion of the game off of them, they need it, you don't.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
And you really have to ignore the YouTubers who criticize 2k for a brief second only to get back to pretending it's all good--they need 2k, that's what they do, they're not going to tell you not to play it or shut down their channel, it's all many of them have going on. Not blaming them but don't base your opinion of the game off of them, they need it, you don't.
Yeah, there's definitely a relationship where one needs the other. But that can only last as long as 2k retains its legitimacy.

If people --- eventually --- start playing live things will start to change.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

greed happend to this game mode. Myteam was much more fair last year. this year they are tight with all the rewards. they dont even reward you when you spend alot of money. if i open 60 dollars worth of packs i should get alot of amethyst and diamond cards.
there should not be one card that is worth more then the value of the game itself. we the customers are the fault of that. we keep eating up what they dish out its only going to get worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »