Home

What the hell has happened to this game?

This is a discussion on What the hell has happened to this game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2016, 04:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What the hell has happened to this game?

I meal I left the game in November short after beating RTTP.
My line up was Wall/Harden/ DR LBJ/KD/AD
and bench Westbrook/Raptors T-Mac/Mulin/AK47/Ewing (DeAndre before)

Reason was lack of players to have fun with, facing always same line-up, that disconecction loses/ ad that most of opponents would just inbound half court after EVERY basket and run through for a dunk.

I went back and sold DR LBJ for a normal one with profit and I am standing at 200k now.

It seems though that even now, after half of the games life-span the game is even WORSE than last year.

Last year you could get MT by collection awards. For sure this created inflation and everyone could have many historic players for free.

However you could have fun with cards like scoring Kobe for 100k, many Versions of MJ (best card 96 MJ was 500K) and Free Saphire Wilkins etc. You could get Gold LBJ for 50K etc

Now I can see only at silly cards like 96 rated Kemba Walker/Jamal Crawford etc, only one Playabe Kobe version, etc that all go for 1 million plus. How is all this possible, how can 2k expect somenone to continue play this game where Kemba Walker is top 3 PG released?

I am really disapointed with all this stuff going on, and even though I wanted to restart playing, I wont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
MVP

Re: What the hell has happened to this game?

This game has taken many huge steps back this year. But i am hopelessly addicted. Last year if you accumulated 1 m mt you could build a monster team through collections. Now there are cards that go for several million. This time last year every historic was available.

They continue to put out fictional cards like the Diamond Rondo that is supposed to come out. There are so many cards right now that are higher than the highest MJ, LBJ, Kareem, Wilt, Oscar and so one. The HOF scale lasted like 2 months and they were not selling VC so they said **** it we need to make money and made Diamond JR and Jamal and those guys.

The card prices this year are out of this world. Some of it has to do with the added Amethyst and Diamond tiers. Another thing is the domination pulls and pack pulls are way worse than last year.

No one at all wants ****ing Amethyst team balls for completing the team collections. What a ****ing waste. And the ****ty packs for completing multi million mt historic collections is the biggest farce ever.

I am still going to play this year bc i have a lot of time invested and there are cards i want but unless they make drastic changes next year i will not be buying this game again

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
Banned

You'd think that MT sales would be eating into their profits and they would be more proactive in going after them.

Unless it's not. would be interesting to know their business logic/decisions on that problem.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
You'd think that MT sales would be eating into their profits and they would be more proactive in going after them.

Unless it's not. would be interesting to know their business logic/decisions on that problem.

How does buying/selling MT affect the gameplay & cards being released?
The REAL problem is all the Diamond/Amethyst i.e. Ty Lawsons & JR Smooves etc....... Buying & Selling of MT is a great thing for your casual player that dont have the time to earn MT but still likes to play with a well rounded & solid squad.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoe bucks!!!
The REAL problem is all the Diamond/Amethyst i.e. Ty Lawsons & JR Smooves etc....... Buying & Selling of MT is a great thing for your casual player that dont have the time to earn MT but still likes to play with a well rounded & solid squad.
Because the thought process that's required into releasing a diamond rondo with a 85 3pt, must past through monetization.

If OS made My-Team and designed released based on historical players having great, realistic uses in the game we wouldn't have these cards made this way.

2k says: "We need people to buy packs"... how do we do this? Lets add a card that will allow you to win all of your games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoe bucks!!!
Drives card prices up, causing you to need more MT to buy cards (and consequently price of MT if you buy it), so it's actually more impactful in casual players. It makes people that just play the game casually to give up on the mode because the cost of having a competitive team is too steep.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #7
Pro

They just never lived up to their promises they said before the game came out. There is no sim experience across modes and the legend scale became a joke with the BM Scalabrine. Than to hype up pack sales they released diamond tbt cards and probally saw a big increase in pack purchases.

It's sad that we are the minority and at the end of the day they want more money than creating a balanced game. What happened to saying players who play the game would get the best cards, no one's gonna get to use Kareem by the time he's out.

imo pack odds should be better for people who beat more challenges, ratio of gauntlet wins to losses, and domination. Also make rttp endless, guys like OP have almost 0 reason to play the mode when they beat it withing then first couple of months.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Drives card prices up, causing you to need more MT to buy cards (and consequently price of MT if you buy it), so it's actually more impactful in casual players. It makes people that just play the game casually to give up on the mode because the cost of having a competitive team is too steep.
I believe the percentage people that are buying MT from a 3rd party is miniscule compared to the overall # people playing MyTeam. Surely not enough to effect 2K's decision on releasing certain cards with certain ratings. If the opposite of what I'm saying is true, you would see 2K buckling down on the 3rd part vendors like EA Sports does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »