Home

Players You Take Over The Game With

This is a discussion on Players You Take Over The Game With within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Players You Take Over The Game With

Who are some of the players that you can just absolutely take over a game with? I am talking 5 straight baskets in 2 minutes, 10+ straight points for your team at any given time.

For me I can only think of 3 guys this year so far that can do that: Rockets Tmac, DPOY Hakeem, and 08 Allen Iverson. All 3 of these guys at any time can explode and take over the game.

Rockets Tmac is the only player that I have scored 40 points with in a game though, he had 32 at the half. He made his first couple shots in the game, got hot, and I just kept running plays for him every time down the court and the opponent couldn't stop him.

Iverson comes off the bench for me and if I started him I could probably have a 40+ point game. There are times he is my leading scorer for the game with very few minutes. A typical game for him is only 5-7 minutes while racking up 10-13 points.

Which players do you dominate with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Players You Take Over The Game With

Rockets T-Mac is the player that consistently scores around 30 just out of fast breaks and early offence (hitting triangle before the defence settles). He's just so much fun. It took me a while to get his release totally figured out though. In the first 10 games I just bricking jump shot after jump shot.

Rockets T-Mac paired with Kawhi, it's just a double headed beast running the break faster than anyone else.

Would love to try Iverson and Hakeem (regular). Probably can only get one, which one would you recommend?
Old 02-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
Pro

Any1 have opinions on either diamond Jr and butler. I'm wondering if I should sell my j.r and buy a butler instead.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Rockets T-Mac is the player that consistently scores around 30 just out of fast breaks and early offence (hitting triangle before the defence settles). He's just so much fun. It took me a while to get his release totally figured out though. In the first 10 games I just bricking jump shot after jump shot.

Rockets T-Mac paired with Kawhi, it's just a double headed beast running the break faster than anyone else.

Would love to try Iverson and Hakeem (regular). Probably can only get one, which one would you recommend?
Iverson and Hakeem are so different, it's hard to say.

Hakeem is just nasty in the post. His post fade and shake and bake fade are deadly. Also if you are close enough his jump hook is awesome. People who don't know how to defend well in the post just get exposed over and over when I rotate between fades and up n under moves.

Iverson is truly fun. So many people gave him bad reviews but they must not have known how to use him. He is probably the best card you can get for 165k price range. I paid 550k when he came out and it is still worth it to me, I don't mind that he lost value. I run him in a 4 out 1 in offense, have my guys spread the floor, and call for picks with the centre always so the stretch 4 remains on the outside (if you call for a pick with your PF then the C goes to the perimeter and it's a disaster). Dribble moves, go around the screen, then either pull up for a moving mid range, floater, take it right in for a contested layup, or kick out to one of the 3 open shooters if the defense collapses. He hits tons of contested layups and and one calls. Also, his floater release is just amazing, he knocks them down all day from around the top of the paint. The only problem with him is his standing midrange has a low release point and low arc so it gets easily blocked by a close out, only do standing shots if he has the space. His moving shot is much more deadly because he can get them off without being blocked under shot contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Any1 have opinions on either diamond Jr and butler. I'm wondering if I should sell my j.r and buy a butler instead.
I haven't tried either one but Butler is a lot cheaper so it may be worthwhile to pick him up instead and have some MT to play with.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Who are some of the players that you can just absolutely take over a game with? I am talking 5 straight baskets in 2 minutes, 10+ straight points for your team at any given time.

For me I can only think of 3 guys this year so far that can do that: Rockets Tmac, DPOY Hakeem, and 08 Allen Iverson. All 3 of these guys at any time can explode and take over the game.

Rockets Tmac is the only player that I have scored 40 points with in a game though, he had 32 at the half. He made his first couple shots in the game, got hot, and I just kept running plays for him every time down the court and the opponent couldn't stop him.

Iverson comes off the bench for me and if I started him I could probably have a 40+ point game. There are times he is my leading scorer for the game with very few minutes. A typical game for him is only 5-7 minutes while racking up 10-13 points.

Which players do you dominate with?
How is TMAC's 3 point shooting. I know it's below 77, so I was wondering if he can hit them consistenly in the game? I always think about that game against the Spurs where he scored like 13 points in 33 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 10:20 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT3 Legend
How is TMAC's 3 point shooting. I know it's below 77, so I was wondering if he can hit them consistenly in the game? I always think about that game against the Spurs where he scored like 13 points in 33 seconds.
It's not that good. I mean, he can hit them, especially from the corner once he gets hot. But I don't use him as a 3pt threat. I use him in the post fade, mid range shots, and Iso drives to the rim. And ofcourse on the fast break. In offline games he shoots 36% from 3pt for me, and in RTTP he shoots 33% from 3. So I know he can him them but no he is definitely not a 3point sniper. Also, I never put 3pt shoes on him. I like to use post fade shoes.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 02-15-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #7
MVP

Rockets T-Mac and Reward Penny do it for me. T-Mac is really reliable from 3 for me. I usually put 3pt shoe or speed shoe on him.

My game is more team oriented so those two usually share the load. If its a player I used that can really take over its Melo. Thats because of that volume shooter badge. Keeps getting hotter and literally can't be contained.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:46 AM   #8
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

For me, it's DPOY Jordan or Melo every time. I get so many fast break points with each of them, and they're both very versatile on offense. Tons of hot zones and excellent mid range and post games. I've had five or six 40+ games in domination with Jordan, but my record is 52 with Melo. They also have so many personality badges they heat up very quickly.

When 6 man JR was in the rotation he may have been the best though. I've gotten 15 in a quarter several times believe it or not. He's another guy with a whole lot of hot zones and is a great finisher. His celebrations always get me turnt up haha.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »