Home

TBT 2/18 - Melo 62

This is a discussion on TBT 2/18 - Melo 62 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TBT 2/18 - Melo 62

soooo I should be able to afford TBT Melo soon then right? I haven't been on Myteam for awhile but will 100k get it done?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #18
Pro

What the actual fluff I just bought regular TBT Melo a week ago after all star packs crashed he market

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

You DO realize that if it were much easier to earn MT via Gauntlet/RTTP/Domination, etc - that every card in the Auction House would simply cost more, don't you?

That's how Supply and Demand works. It has nothing to do with 2K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_G
They don't care that there is hardly anyway to earn MT after a certain amount of time playing the game, all they want is the money that is generated by those things.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I agree with 2., being good at 2k trumps cards and luck. I win like 90% of my RTTP/PNO games but have people in my friendlist against whom I really struggle. I don't mean to brag, I'm good but I play against people who are clearly better than me every once in a while. There's less skill involved in friendlies though, the Pro difficulty setting makes it so anybody can score from anywhere, regardless the player or offense they run. That's why I'd never wager unless someone was willing to play the HoF challenge against me. RTTP lower seeds are the same, but I played through them twice and never faced a competent opponent, so it didn't really matter.
we seem to get into this a lot of times about gameplay vs user control. Skill trumps luck/exploits most of the time but sometimes you lose games just because. It doesn't have anything to do with someone being better. Shotmaking is the biggest culprit for me. Its not like I am not running plays like I do every game. Its not like I don't have lineups conducive to my play style and offense sets/defensive philosophy. It doesn't happen often, but I got blown out by someone recently who didn't set POE or run plays. they never made defensive adjustments either.

granted, part of the problem was I was given the wrong playbook but still, the issue was.....they were nailing everything under the sun with subpar shooters and I couldn't buy a basket with great shooters who were wide open that I practice and play with all the time and usually shoot great with. I would chalk this up and say sometimes that happens IRL. But stick skills will not win you every game in unrestricted RttP. I feel that this is what turns people off to the mode because win restrictions are steep if you consider 0-0 loss, playbook not sticking, cheese exploits, then you have a game like above mentioned in the mix. If there is a noticeable divide in skill level then yes, cards and luck don't matter.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #21
QNo
MVP

Lots of people don't set POEs before the game so their opponent doesn't know what their strategy is, that's not necessarily a sign of someone having no clue. I fully agree that freestyling (aka not running plays, just spamming PnRs/isos) is too effective in this game as this kind of strategy is terrible in the real NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #22
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Lots of people don't set POEs before the game so their opponent doesn't know what their strategy is, that's not necessarily a sign of someone having no clue. I fully agree that freestyling (aka not running plays, just spamming PnRs/isos) is too effective in this game as this kind of strategy is terrible in the real NBA.
Idunno if you guys have ever played in play now online, but they've got a brilliant pregame set up that I think needs to be carried over to MyTeam. It lets you check jerseys before the game starts, make and set all the lineup challenges you would like, and doesn't show the POE you set. Plus it looks a whole lot cooler than showing card match ups before the game. I'm not the type that cares that people can see my POE or lineups, but it's a great feature.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
thats true, sometimes I don't set POEs at the main screen. I was speaking in conjunction. I got roasted by this guy who didn't set them in the beginning, but he never made defensive adjustments, never ran plays, and kept the same lineup in damn near the whole game without calling a time out. Now if he did all that, I doubt he set POEs at all. it was just one of those games where I couldn't do anything. he wasn't doing anything to me....my turnovers were unforced or my guy passing directly to the defender. losing ball for no reason, etc..but besides that, they were just hitting shots and I wasn't and the other biggie, offensive rebounds allowed. thats really what it came down to despite everything else.

I guarantee you that person wasn't better than me to beat me like that. I don't quit though. Funny thing is, I just remembered this, they were up by like 30 in the 3rd quarter because I couldn't get anything to drop and was missing dunks, layups. I found some things that started working despite not having a playbook I was familiar with and I came back to within 10 and I know he was probably sweating bullets. In the 4th quarter all it takes is a lil momentum shift though and thats pretty much it. I think he won by 15.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:13 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I would think he would be based on the Nuggets. but it could be Knicks. as bad as this sounds...it really depends on what model the dev clicks on and decides to boost. they really are that lazy.
According to 2kmtcentral he is based of the nuggets

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »