Home

Players Who Shoot Surprisingly Well From Deep

This is a discussion on Players Who Shoot Surprisingly Well From Deep within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Players Who Shoot Surprisingly Well From Deep

I will start it off by saying Rockets T-Mac for me. Despite the issues others are saying they have with his 3pt shooting, he is solid for me with the shoe and even without he is good from the corner because he has the badge. With the shoe and from the corner he is good money because they puts him around 88 rating.

Surprisingly DPOY Artest has been good from deep. Releases and animations are the keys because neither gold version of Kawhi is reliable for me.

Gotta add in Lebron. I have current version and he is solid from deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Re: Players Who Shoot Surprisingly Well From Deep

He's got a 65 rating, but I hit so many threes with Pau. It's really weird to be honest. I've messed around with him a lot in freestyle so I may just have his release down. That's really the only possible explanation haha.

My favorite 3 point shooter has always been 6 man JR though. He's got a couple hot zones that are just killer. Also, when I bring down the ball with Harden, a lot of times you catch people slacking off to keep him from driving and I'll jack up that top of the key shot every time with that hot spot.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
He's got a 65 rating, but I hit so many threes with Pau. It's really weird to be honest. I've messed around with him a lot in freestyle so I may just have his release down. That's really the only possible explanation haha.

My favorite 3 point shooter has always been 6 man JR though. He's got a couple hot zones that are just killer. Also, when I bring down the ball with Harden, a lot of times you catch people slacking off to keep him from driving and I'll jack up that top of the key shot every time with that hot spot.
I loved Pau's release last year and could hit corner 3s with him at a good rate. 6moty J.R. has been on my radar for a couple of weeks, just waiting for right price.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #4
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I will start it off by saying Rockets T-Mac for me. Despite the issues others are saying they have with his 3pt shooting, he is solid for me with the shoe and even without he is good from the corner because he has the badge. With the shoe and from the corner he is good money because they puts him around 88 rating.

Surprisingly DPOY Artest has been good from deep. Releases and animations are the keys because neither gold version of Kawhi is reliable for me.

Gotta add in Lebron. I have current version and he is solid from deep.
Yeah, T-Mac shoots really well for me, too. I always give him the 3pt shoe and he only shoots from the corner or his hotspot at the top-right. One of my favourite plays, High Hawk Fist Down, actually has him curl up into that hot zone. I call it 3-4 times a game, 2-3 of which he gets the ball and shoots.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Yeah, T-Mac shoots really well for me, too. I always give him the 3pt shoe and he only shoots from the corner or his hotspot at the top-right. One of my favourite plays, High Hawk Fist Down, actually has him curl up into that hot zone. I call it 3-4 times a game, 2-3 of which he gets the ball and shoots.
what playbook is that in? I only run iso plays with him and the occasional corner pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
what playbook is that in? I only run iso plays with him and the occasional corner pocket.
Wizards. It has an iso play that gets him a deep post-up or open midrange as well, Iso Fist 93 or something like that. Fist Loop 24 is also great for him.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #7
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
I loved Pau's release last year and could hit corner 3s with him at a good rate. 6moty J.R. has been on my radar for a couple of weeks, just waiting for right price.
He's totally worth it man. Not sure what he goes for now, but I think I paid 22k for one with a few badges when the packs dropped, and I regret nothing haha. He is one of the most powerful offensive cards in the game. He's got one of my favorite dribble packages, and his hyper athleticism and high dunk ratings are killer. Most importantly, he's party animal JR and not the domesticated Cavs JR. Thanks Bron. I won't lie though; he's horrific on defense.

Edit: He also doesn't come with deadeye for some reason even though JR is infamous for only taking highly contested shots.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

Funny you say Kawhi because DPotY Kawhi is a great shooter. People also complain about Harden's shooting but he is a knock down shooter as well.

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »