Home

Trade Proposal thoughts

This is a discussion on Trade Proposal thoughts within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trade Proposal thoughts

I'm on an online MyLeague, short season...my team is currently 8-0 and centers around a fast pace and lots of 3s (starters: Kemba/Redick/Klay/Marvin Williams/Kelly Olynik).

6th man is DeMarre Carroll. Also have Patty Mills, Ben McLemore, Mbah a Moute, Hibbert, Bynum and Metta World Peace.

Anyway...I don't have a large desire to make a move. I really like my starters, especially. My biggest issue with my bench is that I have trouble scoring with Carroll, though I do like his D. Mbah a Moute can drill the occasional 3, etc.

Have a trade offer from another guy: Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith, for DeMarre Carroll and Mbah a Moute.

I like the idea of another lights-out guy from 3, coming off the bench. And Smith can be versatile from the 3 or the 4. But I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. I've not played with either Morrow or Smith in recent years. How do they play in 2K?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Trade Proposal thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethisthegoat
I'm on an online MyLeague, short season...my team is currently 8-0 and centers around a fast pace and lots of 3s (starters: Kemba/Redick/Klay/Marvin Williams/Kelly Olynik).

6th man is DeMarre Carroll. Also have Patty Mills, Ben McLemore, Mbah a Moute, Hibbert, Bynum and Metta World Peace.

Anyway...I don't have a large desire to make a move. I really like my starters, especially. My biggest issue with my bench is that I have trouble scoring with Carroll, though I do like his D. Mbah a Moute can drill the occasional 3, etc.

Have a trade offer from another guy: Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith, for DeMarre Carroll and Mbah a Moute.

I like the idea of another lights-out guy from 3, coming off the bench. And Smith can be versatile from the 3 or the 4. But I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. I've not played with either Morrow or Smith in recent years. How do they play in 2K?
Morrow one-dimensional. Smith really not great at anything anymore and can't shoot. If you are getting rid of Carroll, you probably would want a guy like Ariza or Deng. Jeff Green another option.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Not sure if you know this, but you can edit around a roster and take it to a play now game if you want. I personally think Josh Smith is a failure in every sense of the word, but Morrow has a very solid release and 3 ball. I wouldn't give up Demare for both of them though.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks. I didn't think about editing a roster and doing the Play Now thing.

I'm happy with my roster as-is, but it's not like anybody is un-tradable for the right person.

If all I get out of Anthony Morrow is a guy who hangs out in the corner and can drill 3's, that's enough. (though not straight up for Carroll). It's really the Josh Smith question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »