Home

Diamond Rewards

This is a discussion on Diamond Rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Diamond Rewards

Are you guys still going for these? I'm at 2000 cards right now but I'm tempted to sell everything off. I'm a PC player, it'll probably cost me 2-3M MT to get to 2300 and Stockton, then at least another 3-5 to get to Hakeem, maybe more. I could get to Stockton, but I'm not sure that I really want him. ASG CP3 is better, my Diamond Nash and DPOY Payton are about the same level. I'm planning on getting BM Magic at some point.

The real reason to keep collecting was Hakeem, as he's my favourite 2k C. But Diamond Hakeem isn't even that much better than the DPOY. In addition, by the time I'll be able to get him I should also have Diamond Kareem.

Last but not least, that fantasy MJ is obviously the best card in the game, but I don't think he'll be attainable on PC unless you buy metric tons of MT.

There's also the opportunity cost, I really want Diamond Dirk and will need to have 10M+ MT ready if he pops up on the AH, a sizeable portion of which is already tied up in my collection.

On the other hand, collecting these Diamonds is pretty much the last thing there is to to in this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Diamond Rewards

I'm far from any diamond rewards, only close to Penny but I'm already thinking about selling everything and stack up MT to buy a diamond MVP when they are released. Most of these rewards will be pretty much useless as we have no clue about which cheesy players will be released in the meantime.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
MVP

I came to far to turn back now. I am 35 cards away from Stockton but once I hit 2100, it has been painful because of 2 things.

no MT reward before Stockton and the biggest thing...not enough freaking cards.

the last point really turns me off about collector rewards.

I have every FA Dynamic. I am only missing seven Dynamics, AD, Boogie, Lebron, Kawhi, PG13, Harden, and CP3. Likewise for current cards. I can only think of three currents I am missing, KD, Steph, and AD.

I have a lot of TBT guys and Moments.

The issue is....I am missing a lot of Historic cards...but....most of the ones I am missing are the ones that haven't been released!!!!

So that's why it is taking me so long. If all Historic players were out, I would be close to Hakeem by now.

So, I can't blame anyone that wishes to sell off their cards because 2k isn't gonna all of a sudden release all the Historic cards. The FBF is stupid as well, because its not like they release 8 cards....its just that they put them in packs. So if they put 8 of them in packs, chances are I already have 4 of them I picked up on the market.

Also, the only way to make MT at the stage I am at is sniping. Otherwise you have to buy it because I am at the All Star teams in Historic Domination and I haven't pulled a gold player yet. 2k has been enormously stingy. So each team has an Amethyst and a Gold but you can't really pull them, the rest of the cards on the team are trash and most of them I collected prior to starting because they were only 1k on AH.

Back to the stingy part....last year on the mobile app, most times you could earn enough in 2 days to buy the most expensive pack. 3 Days tops. In 3 days you would definitely have enough to get two Moments packs. This year it takes about 5 days to make that much VC because they cut the earnings by 75%.

2k did us really dirty. Its ironic that this is the most loved version by most at the same time being the most hated.

Last edited by synistr; 02-19-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Are you guys still going for these? I'm at 2000 cards right now but I'm tempted to sell everything off. I'm a PC player, it'll probably cost me 2-3M MT to get to 2300 and Stockton, then at least another 3-5 to get to Hakeem, maybe more. I could get to Stockton, but I'm not sure that I really want him. ASG CP3 is better, my Diamond Nash and DPOY Payton are about the same level. I'm planning on getting BM Magic at some point.

The real reason to keep collecting was Hakeem, as he's my favourite 2k C. But Diamond Hakeem isn't even that much better than the DPOY. In addition, by the time I'll be able to get him I should also have Diamond Kareem.

Last but not least, that fantasy MJ is obviously the best card in the game, but I don't think he'll be attainable on PC unless you buy metric tons of MT.

There's also the opportunity cost, I really want Diamond Dirk and will need to have 10M+ MT ready if he pops up on the AH, a sizeable portion of which is already tied up in my collection.

On the other hand, collecting these Diamonds is pretty much the last thing there is to to in this mode.
If you really want the diamond MJ wait for the MVP one to drop off, it will be much better to spend your MT on that and the only trade off really is the 3p shot (which is still decent for the MVP one). I am also on PC and i do not even try to collect cards since i really do not want to grind that much for worthless rewards.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Rookie

I am at the 1700 mark and have been for a while since DPOY, All-Star Moments and Diamond TBT's have been offered weekly. Even though I've opened hundreds of packs, there's literally no chance for me to get new cards, etc through those packs with Amethyst and Diamond cards.

I too need historics and more dynamics. Sadly, I come to the conclusion to NOT pursue Reward's MJ; it's too expensive in both $$$ and time. So I shall sell the lion's share of cards.

These last 2 NBA editions have really been disappointing when one aspires to obtain better cards. MJ's DPOY card and his 3-ball rating has magnified MJ's scarcity of his best cards to come. I would have been satisfied with MJ's DPOY, but.....

PG13's new card poured salt on an open wound. PG13 had only two basic cards while some have 4 or more cards, why? Some players have multiple TBT's, why???

Sadly, this is a case and year where money and time was not enough....

Thank you 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #6
MVP

I am holding out optimism for Hakeem but you are talking another 2 months minimum to get him with the release schedule the way it is. theres just not enough inexpensive content to do it. MJ is not out of the question but by the time anyone gets him 2k17 will be right around the corner so he is attainable but pointless to even try.

I forgot to mention, in addition to having every Dynamic/Current except for 10 cards maybe, I also have ever Jersey/Court/Playbook and have had them for quite some time. So I am looking under rocks for cards atm. if they weren't gonna release all Historic, they should've been at least putting out 20-25 per week...or, just release all historic cards by team on weekly basis. at least at that rate we would be more than halfway through the teams, which we are not.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

I'm not in your guys league only at close to 1k but felt like doing the same, just selling off most of my collection I don't use. I wanted Ralph Sampson but doubt I'll get him. The thing I don't wanna do though is sell off teams that have future weekly challenges coming up as I do want Kareem. Does anybody know which teams are left for those weekly challenges? Would it be wise to just keep these teams and sell everything off I don't use if I go that route?

I beat every weekly challenge and just about all the regular offline challenges, both dominations, beat both gauntlet boards and in the 3rd seed so not much else left to collect for. Hmmm decisions

Last edited by P234thetruth; 02-19-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I am holding out optimism for Hakeem but you are talking another 2 months minimum to get him with the release schedule the way it is. there's just not enough inexpensive content to do it. MJ is not out of the question but by the time anyone gets him 2k17 will be right around the corner so he is attainable but pointless to even try.

I forgot to mention, in addition to having every Dynamic/Current except for 10 cards maybe, I also have ever Jersey/Court/Playbook and have had them for quite some time. So I am looking under rocks for cards atm. if they weren't gonna release all Historic, they should've been at least putting out 20-25 per week...or, just release all historic cards by team on weekly basis. at least at that rate we would be more than halfway through the teams, which we are not.
100% in agreement.

I started pursing Dynamics through packs and saw Currents more often than dynamics; low-end dynamics at that. When one sees dynamic bronzes selling over 100% of current bronzes, all I could say is wow (among other words).

Also, having free-agent dynamics is really unnecessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »