Home

Lineup advice/suggestions

This is a discussion on Lineup advice/suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lineup advice/suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I plan to pick him up in the next few days....I assume his 95 will translate but due to his height I would use him at PF a lot to get the max out of him. I am sure if he were listed as a PF his rating would be Diamond tier.
The ratings in this game are very odd. Penny turns into a 91 when playing as a wing (with shoe, 90 without). On Mikan, it's like they intentionally made him an amethyst like they do with most players to fit them into a range. His defense was nearly maxed out, but his shot contest was low 60s if I remember correctly? It's like they just go after random stats to lower to make a card the tier they want... it's very odd. Anyhow let me know how he does for you.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
There is ways to use Lebron as the ball handler. Just don't use him like he's a pg in a sense. I don't try to break the defender down with crossovers, irl lebron doesn't ankle breaker anyone.

You need to use his strength by posting up or do pnr.
The best offensive situations to put LeBron in are post-ups, pick and rolls, and give/weave plays. He is also deadly as an off-ball cutter going to the basket.

He doesn't need to be playing the point guard position to do any of that. In fact, I don't recommend doing that because he is too slow to keep up on defense with most of the faster PGs in the game. You're better off playing him at the SG or SF since those are the two positions that get out into fastbreaks first. The PG always hangs back to get the ball on fastbreaks, and the PF is usually busy rebounding. So if you put LeBron at PG or PF, then you won't be able to take full advantage of his amazing fastbreak game.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #19
MVP

I don't use LBJ as a PG. His ball control is terrible. In fact I am searching for a best option PG.

This is my line-up
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/68...ens-drink-team

I have been switching around various PGs.
So far Wall has been the best for me.

I bought badged up Isiah for 110 and played one game only with him. I was not really impressed but it was just 1 game which I won. Didn't force things with him. he had 1/3 FG but 1/1 3 point really crucial, 6/6 FT and 6 assists.
What I am looking for in short terms is a Wall with 80 3 pt/ mid range .
Old 02-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
The ratings in this game are very odd. Penny turns into a 91 when playing as a wing (with shoe, 90 without). On Mikan, it's like they intentionally made him an amethyst like they do with most players to fit them into a range. His defense was nearly maxed out, but his shot contest was low 60s if I remember correctly? It's like they just go after random stats to lower to make a card the tier they want... it's very odd. Anyhow let me know how he does for you.
the attributes are weighted different depending o position.

where do you see where the ratings change? is this while playing an online game?
Old 02-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #21
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Tweaked Update:
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/82094/new-lineup

Ok here's my new lineup now what do you guys think? I sold what I could and was able to get DR Draymond without letting go of LeBron. I wanted to hold off just to see how this unit was and man the defense is amazing. In the 4th quarter don't know if it's their personal badges or what but they takeover, smothering defense and lots of pretty transition play. The offense felt better with Draymonds addition and LeBron back at SF still his shooting does hurt at times.

I bottomed out on mt so for any further moves it'll have to wait for mvp pack openings or flipping LeBron...who I feel like I should probably keep until one more roster update maybe he gets a bump. I know the center spots are in need of upgrades. I have Marc Gasol/DPOY Wallace/Hassan/DJ as well not sure who to put where. I'm having a hard time going away from Dikembe starting because of his defense. Thoughts?

Last edited by P234thetruth; 02-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Tweaked Update:
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/82094/new-lineup

Ok here's my new lineup now what do you guys think? I sold what I could and was able to get DR Draymond without letting go of LeBron. I wanted to hold off just to see how this unit was and man the defense is amazing. In the 4th quarter don't know if it's their personal badges or what but they takeover, smothering defense and lots of pretty transition play.
Yeah, with your Starting Lineup, you've got 2 x Floor General, 3 x Defensive Anchor, and 2 x Closer, as well as a few other personality badges in the mix.

Quote:
The offense felt better with Draymonds addition and LeBron back at SF still his shooting does hurt at times.

I bottomed out on mt so for any further moves it'll have to wait for mvp pack openings or flipping LeBron...who I feel like I should probably keep until one more roster update maybe he gets a bump. I know the center spots are in need of upgrades. I have Marc Gasol/DPOY Wallace/Hassan/DJ as well not sure who to put where. I'm having a hard time going away from Dikembe starting because of his defense. Thoughts?
DPOY Mutombo is a high-end Center and you're not necessarily getting anything better without spending a ton of MT. You have good variety in alternates, with Gasol, Big Ben, Whiteside, and DJ. If you prefer Mutombo over them, stick with Mutombo.

If the opponent is not pounding the paint with his Center, and even if he does, you might consider going small with Dray at 5, LBJ at 4, Drexler at 3, CP3 at 1, and put Moncrief in at 2. Your bench is filled with really flexible guys with whom you can run a variety of small ball variations.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #23
QNo
MVP

I would make Deke and Mark your main Cs and have Hassan on the bench as your 3rd option against guys who use D12 and fastbreak cheese all game. Marc is probably the best fit for your freelance as his midrange is automatic and he can score in the post as well. But Mutombo's an incredible defensive presence so he's not to be undervalued.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #24
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
If the opponent is not pounding the paint with his Center, and even if he does, you might consider going small with Dray at 5, LBJ at 4, Drexler at 3, CP3 at 1, and put Moncrief in at 2. Your bench is filled with really flexible guys with whom you can run a variety of small ball variations.
That would be a crazy smallball defensive lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I would make Deke and Mark your main Cs and have Hassan on the bench as your 3rd option against guys who use D12 and fastbreak cheese all game. Marc is probably the best fit for your freelance as his midrange is automatic and he can score in the post as well. But Mutombo's an incredible defensive presence so he's not to be undervalued.
I'll try Marc as my starter in an offline challenge. You make a good point as I'm using the Warriors freelance and there are times where the branches can take awhile to develop. I'll be on the perimeter with some good defense being played on me and the clock winding down and I'll have to throw it down low and take a bad shot with Dikembe. You said you run the Hawks offense which is similar what Hakeem version do you have and does he shine in it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »