Home

Lineup advice/suggestions

This is a discussion on Lineup advice/suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #41
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lineup advice/suggestions

Hey guys, I also need some advice how to improve my lineup.
So currently this is what my lineup is looking like.

PG: AS CP3 / Gold Kyrie
SG: Diamond Kobe / Rockets T-Mac
SF: Reward Larry / Pippen
PF: TBT Dirk / Durant
C: Russel / DPOY Hakeem

Playstyle: Pace Motion Offense along with Wizard Money Plays

My main issue is Larry. For me he doesn't excel at the SF spot. Before I got Dirk, he was my favorite player because I ran him at PF in a 4-1 and I was getting a lot of good shots. Now I feel like he is a bit lost at SF because he isn't athletic and faces lots of good defenders like LeBron or Kawhi who are faster and more atheletic. As Larry is bound to my account I have to decide if I rotate him to the bench PF spot or sell Dirk (even if it would hurt) and get Larry back to the PF position where he shined for me. This is a pretty tough decision for me, but with the MT I could really boost PG/SF position. I'm thinking of some combination between Magic/T-Mac(hopefully friday)/TBT Vince or LBJ. I'm not quite sure whats right but I hope you that you can give me some helping thoughts here. thanks in advance fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #42
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze

My main issue is Larry. For me he doesn't excel at the SF spot. Before I got Dirk, he was my favorite player because I ran him at PF in a 4-1 and I was getting a lot of good shots. Now I feel like he is a bit lost at SF because he isn't athletic and faces lots of good defenders like LeBron or Kawhi who are faster and more atheletic. As Larry is bound to my account I have to decide if I rotate him to the bench PF spot or sell Dirk (even if it would hurt) and get Larry back to the PF position where he shined for me. This is a pretty tough decision for me, but with the MT I could really boost PG/SF position. I'm thinking of some combination between Magic/T-Mac(hopefully friday)/TBT Vince or LBJ. I'm not quite sure whats right but I hope you that you can give me some helping thoughts here. thanks in advance fellas.
If you had success with bird at the PF I would probably sell dirk now and try to snipe some cheap diamonds this thursday. If the pack odds are anything like last week you could pick up some nice diamonds to boost your LU. Heck even now there are a bunch of diamond PG's going for pretty "cheap". Ive been in the process of selling off all my collection in the hopes of snagging two or three diamond players.

"You play to win the game."
Old 03-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #43
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

**UPDATE 2**
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/120082/new-lineup

I need some further help guys. Since making this thread I've had good success and made it all the way to the 1 seed. I still can't get over the hump though and have won just enough games to have another shot at it so here's where I need some advice.

I feel like my starting lineup needs more defense. I love Clyde and KD isn't bad but in the games I've lost I feel like they got abused defensively. Should I get Mullin into my starting lineup over KD and move KD to the bench? His defense is better stat wise than Durant. I usually run a 10 man rotation so that leaves Rip out should I put him in there somewhere?

I have about 400k looking to buy either TBT LBJ or Vince Carter on Thursday which would be instant starters just not sure which direction to go? What would you guys do?
Old 03-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #44
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Get tbt Lebron James (Vince can't play defense as well as LBJ) and bench Durant. Start Mullin at SF. Run offense through Lebron and set up the rest of your team to score. With Hakeem inside and sharpshooters like Paul, Draymond and Mullin on the outside, it's open season on any team. Thank me later after you win the 1st seed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 03-15-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #45
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:

Wait for T-Mac or get TBT LBJ. You already have quality defenders and many scoring options with Hakeem, diamond Kobe and Larry Bird. Get T-Mac if your a fan, get Lebron if you want solid defense and a bully attacking the rim. T-Mac can score inside and out. His defense is worst than the rockets version as far as his lateral quickness is concerned. Can't go wrong with either. Put bird at PF, he's too slow to play SF.

You have a solid line up already and I think your team is good as is. I wouldn't spend mt on any player unless they are game changers at this point!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #46
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Wait for T-Mac or get TBT LBJ. You already have quality defenders and many scoring options with Hakeem, diamond Kobe and Larry Bird. Get T-Mac if your a fan, get Lebron if you want solid defense and a bully attacking the rim. T-Mac can score inside and out. His defense is worst than the rockets version as far as his lateral quickness is concerned. Can't go wrong with either. Put bird at PF, he's too slow to play SF.

You have a solid line up already and I think your team is good as is. I wouldn't spend mt on any player unless they are game changers at this point!

Thx for your reply. I believe that Magic and T-Mac could be game changers...TBT LeBron a great addition...even Moments PG13/TBT Melo would be a huge boosts but I always strive to have "legends" instead of fantasy diamonds.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #47
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Thx for your reply. I believe that Magic and T-Mac could be game changers...TBT LeBron a great addition...even Moments PG13/TBT Melo would be a huge boosts but I always strive to have "legends" instead of fantasy diamonds.

Agreed. AS Magic is in a league of his own. I remember you saying you wanted to get the BM version I believe. As for legends I would go with T-Mac and pick up Magic off the BM when he's available.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #48
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Agreed. AS Magic is in a league of his own. I remember you saying you wanted to get the BM version I believe. As for legends I would go with T-Mac and pick up Magic off the BM when he's available.

Yee I guess I should wait for T-Mac and get Magic at some later point (unless I manage to do some good snipe on Thursday). If I could pick a card, it would be AS Magic though, but I dont believe he goes under 1-1.2 million? Thats just too much if there is going to be a garantueed cheaper one imo. I really hope that the BM version comes soon, I'd drop those 750k instantly. The defense, passing and driving lay-ups stats are exactly the same as from the AS version. Thats what I used 90% of the time when I owned him earlier this year. The shooting boost is good to have, but not worth an extra payment of 400-500k. I'll just put a shoe on him and settle the deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »