Home

Diamond AD and Lillard coming.

This is a discussion on Diamond AD and Lillard coming. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond AD and Lillard coming.

Glad to see they gave ol Doug McDermott one too (82 ovr). He was mighty hot that game. A lot of times the lesser known players get overlooked. That card would be too sweet if it was a 79 silver instead, but I still like it.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Unless I totally misunderstood your post...I would have to say because of people buying VC and MT and re-injecting that into the market when they buy and sell cards.

The change in the tiers have caused some cards to hold their value better than last year. Also Dynamics have a lot more value that last year's Emerald cards which were largely worthless with the exception of about 5 cards.

Gameplay has a lot to do with it as well. Last year gameplay was loose so you didn't need a fantasy card to win with. You still don't but the perception that you do now is greater to casuals in particular. There were solid Onyx and Gold cards as well as some of the realistic Rubies. Onyx and Ruby Lebron were only marginally better than Gold Lebron. Lebron is not as dominant as he was in 2k15...neither is Steph for that matter...or PG13, etc... So the quest is to get fantasy cards or Diamonds because it is a wide perception that the "best" or highest rated cards are needed to compete. Last year that was not the case. Gold Lebron was 98 overall and I had probably about 30 of them over the course of the time I had the game. Diamond/Sapphire cards weren't any better than Gold versions of the same cards...so some didn't see the need to grind to get the same versions basically.

Now the tiers dictate the value as opposed to the rating. So people that don't buy MT/VC hold on to their cards a lil tighter because they know the resell value will remain high for the most part. I think sniping does generate profit because you have to look at the the person sniping isn't the one spending real money. The person spending real money is the one losing but it doesn't appear that way to them because they could care less about underselling a gold or amethyst if their goal is to pull a Diamond. Whenever people open packs...snipers make the most MT. When people sell pack contents, they are left with some MT to redistribute to the market as well, albeit at a loss.

Don't look at loss and gains, look at the amount of MT that enters the market through MT and VC purchases. Also look at how well Amethyst and Diamond cards hold their value. This is why 2k will not give us good player rewards for our completed collections because if they did...then you are really talking about an influx of MT....particularly being that collector level awards are not worth the time and effort. THAT alone would put a dent into microtransactions.
What he's saying makes sense though. In a closed economy, no way in hell this market is being sustained in a legal way. How the economy works is that you generate MT by playing the game. While snipping is excellent for one user, it means nothing in terms of the economy of the mode. Given the 10% tax, the mode is actually loosing MT in each transaction, meaning that the less MT is available overall. When people stop buying MT, you'll see prices plummet to a fraction of the value top tier players have now.
But we all know that already...
Old 02-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #19
Rookie

slightly of topic as well,

http://www.futbin.com/16/player/4539/cristiano-ronaldo

click the "all" tab above the graph to see the normal behaviour of a card in this kind of mode. This is what is happening with the amethysts, finally, after the AS packs. Before that, the parallel economy was driving the prices through the roof.

Agree. Happy to see that McDermott card. We should have more like that.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #20
Rookie

I sold my KAT because of this last night. I expect there to be a lot of them on the market today
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
What he's saying makes sense though. In a closed economy, no way in hell this market is being sustained in a legal way. How the economy works is that you generate MT by playing the game. While snipping is excellent for one user, it means nothing in terms of the economy of the mode. Given the 10% tax, the mode is actually loosing MT in each transaction, meaning that the less MT is available overall. When people stop buying MT, you'll see prices plummet to a fraction of the value top tier players have now.
But we all know that already...
this is true...but I think we get mistaken into describing something as to how it should be rather than what it truly is. the "closed" economy had to give way to the parallel economy once 2k decided to devalue if not eradicate collection rewards, reduce pack odds, and offer us collector level reward cards then turn around and release dozens of cards to the market that are not only better but available immediately as opposed to the other cards that wouldn't be attainable for weeks/months. So again, I agree, no way in hell in a true closed economy would this sustain....with the way 2k has decided to handle the mode. This is still why I am skeptical about 2k not being involved with MT sites in some way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
I sold my KAT because of this last night. I expect there to be a lot of them on the market today

That is better than selling your cat lol. I know that wasn't funny but whatever lol.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
That is better than selling your cat lol. I know that wasn't funny but whatever lol.
Lol I get it
Old 02-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #24
MVP

justlaze's Arena

First new Diamonds appear on the auction block. Davis already at 1.7 mill...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »