Home

How to improve my lineup

This is a discussion on How to improve my lineup within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: How to improve my lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
yeah but he made a mistake. Others will know. So if you are going to play 4-1 you can not do it with Davis.

PF should be someone who can shoot 3s like KD/Melo/Draymond Green/Aldridge/Nowitzki/Bosh/Ak-47 etc
Oh I know that. I was just using that as an example of what the 4-1 did for me. I had Aldridge and Melo hitting 3s in the corner, so when Davis was in at the PF spot, then he kept flying out thinking I was going to shoot it, so I just drove right past him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
yeah but he made a mistake. Others will know. So if you are going to play 4-1 you can not do it with Davis.

PF should be someone who can shoot 3s like KD/Melo/Draymond Green/Aldridge/Nowitzki/Bosh/Ak-47 etc
Well, you could, especially with Diamond AD, i think he's like 90 with a shoe..anyway im nit picking here.

I also love 4-1 offense but i mostly play with motion cuts, i gotta try space the floor. Do they still make cuts? I like when my players are constantly moving and are not stagnant.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
Well, you could, especially with Diamond AD, i think he's like 90 with a shoe..anyway im nit picking here.

I also love 4-1 offense but i mostly play with motion cuts, i gotta try space the floor. Do they still make cuts? I like when my players are constantly moving and are not stagnant.
4 out 1 in space the floor your players will not make cuts. They simply move around the floor to maintain the spacing as you move around. This is really good for keeping the paint wide open and running manual pick and rolls or playing a lot of Iso. I use 4 out 1 in space the floor for my bench which is all run through Iverson and with that lineup I love it.

If you love your players moving and don't like them standing still then 4 out 1 in space the floor is not for you.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
I really liked it. I had Ant Davis at the 4 some, and he would be in the corner, and whenever I kicked it out to him the guy I was playing immediately went for a block. I don't know if he kept thinking I was going to shoot 3's with Davis or what, but it gave me easy baseline drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk

If you read the thread you will know he has regural Davis. Not anyone can afford Diamond Davis for 1,5mm and even if they can, there must not be more than 10 cards in thousands of players. So current Davis can not shoot the 3.

Regarding 4-1 with space the floor they do make cuts,but very rarely,in comparison to motion cuts. You can always do a normal scrimmage (outside myteam) to check how it works for you, or play a challenge or something against CPU.

You need to create motion yourself, with pick and rolls manual cuts etc. For me it works best as it reduces my turnovers which was the reason I was losing most of my matches.

Last edited by kabamaru; 02-25-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
If you read the thread you will know he has regural Davis. Not anyone can afford Diamond Davis for 1,5mm and even if they can, there must not be more than 10 cards in thousands of players. So current Davis can not shoot the 3.

Regarding 4-1 with space the floor they do make cuts,but very rarely,in comparison to motion cuts. You can always do a normal scrimmage (outside myteam) to check how it works for you, or play a challenge or something against CPU.

You need to create motion yourself, with pick and rolls manual cuts etc. For me it works best as it reduces my turnovers which was the reason I was losing most of my matches.
My turnovers were way down during my last game. I only had 3, compared to the usual 9 or 10.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
4 out 1 in space the floor your players will not make cuts. They simply move around the floor to maintain the spacing as you move around. This is really good for keeping the paint wide open and running manual pick and rolls or playing a lot of Iso. I use 4 out 1 in space the floor for my bench which is all run through Iverson and with that lineup I love it.

If you love your players moving and don't like them standing still then 4 out 1 in space the floor is not for you.
You just put me on something. I playe a lot of Gauntlet too and love using Kyries dribble moves, nobody seems to stick with him. I might try running that for my bench. I guess it would also work really well if you space the floor and call quick iso as you going up full speed t half court to blow past your defender with a quick player for an easy dunk. I do that sometimes with regular offense, space the floor would probably work even better.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:12 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:

That is why i said im nit picking here, really was a useless comment on my part. Anyway that seems awesome actually, especially with position mismatches and poor onball defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #32
Pro

I bought an Amethyst KD tonight with 17 gold badges and 27 contracts for 77k. Inserted him into my lineup at PF and moved Davis to center. Man, my offense was lethal the first game I played. Missed 5 shots total thru 1 1/2 quarters before my opponent quit. Why didn't I get KD before ? Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »