Home

How to improve my lineup

This is a discussion on How to improve my lineup within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #57
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How to improve my lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Well, my lineup has changed a little bit over the past couple of days due to an unbelievable snipe. Here is how it sits currently:

http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/67665/unrestricted

I am not sure that I like it though. I played 3 games last night and went 1-2. I keep getting beat on the inside. Even though Larry Legend is my favorite all-time player, I am thinking about getting rid of him to try to strengthen my team in other areas. Right now, the only starter that I have who I am certain I want to keep is KD. I don't know what to do.
What do you mean, you keep getting beat in the inside? Bigs posting you up, or perimeter players driving in? AD is great at defending the latter, but his low strength makes him a liability against great post-up bigs like Hakeem. You can get a cheap guy like DPOY Mutombo or DPOY Marc to counter those occasions if you want to stick with AD. Other good, but more expensive choices are Moments Marc and Historic Hakeem.

If you change your mind about Larry, selling him and getting DR Draymond instead should improve your team a lot. I would also consider getting a PG that can defend faster PGs like Westbrook. Westbrook/Wall/Billups are all great cheap choices, provided you can get them badged up.

You could also go big, sell Larry, get Hakeem, and play something like Billups/KD/LBJ/AD/Hakeem.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #58
Pro

^agreed with everything. Only thing I would change from that lineup is put in klay over lebron at sg. Better shooting does help in rttp.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
What do you mean, you keep getting beat in the inside? Bigs posting you up, or perimeter players driving in? AD is great at defending the latter, but his low strength makes him a liability against great post-up bigs like Hakeem. You can get a cheap guy like DPOY Mutombo or DPOY Marc to counter those occasions if you want to stick with AD. Other good, but more expensive choices are Moments Marc and Historic Hakeem.

If you change your mind about Larry, selling him and getting DR Draymond instead should improve your team a lot. I would also consider getting a PG that can defend faster PGs like Westbrook. Westbrook/Wall/Billups are all great cheap choices, provided you can get them badged up.

You could also go big, sell Larry, get Hakeem, and play something like Billups/KD/LBJ/AD/Hakeem.
I get beat both ways you listed. One game it will be by bigs posting up, and the next game I will have someone continuously driving on me. My perimeter defense is pretty good.

How much is Hakeem right now?
Old 03-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I love DR Draymond curious to see what they do with his shot. He hasn't been scoring a lot or shooting real great from 3 lately wonder if he gets dropped. Has been killing it on everything else though.
They dropped his standing 3 a point last update, I think. I feel like they've been pretty charitable with him. Will need to drop his shooting a bit...But may further boost playmaking and/or layups and such to maintain Amethyst tiering.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #61
Pro

Well, I ended up overhauling my lineup last night, and I think I am happy with it. At least for the moment, lol. I sold Lebron, Bird, CP3, and Raptors TMac, and bought Curry, Rockets TMac, and DPOY Wallace last night. Got a Wallace who had 10 gold badges for 10K. Rockets TMac is a beast for me on both ends of the floor. I may end up eventually trying to get enough MT to get Hakeem, but for right now, I am satisfied with my lineup.

Last edited by jgarrett; 03-02-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #62
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

How to improve my lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Well, I ended up overhauling my lineup last night, and I think I am happy with it. At least for the moment, lol. I sold Lebron, Bird, CP3, and Raptors TMac, and bought Curry, Rockets TMac, and DPOY Wallace last night. Got a Wallace who had 10 gold badges for 10K. Rockets TMac is a beast for me on both ends of the floor. I may end up eventually trying to get enough MT to get Hakeem, but for right now, I am satisfied with my lineup.

That is one strong line up! I hate current Curry though. Feels slow and a liability on defense. His dynamic card is a different story though haha. I would of picked up AS Chris Paul instead. He's also a better shooter surprisingly. Mid is better and 3 ball is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 03-02-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
That is one strong line up! I hate current Curry though. Feels slow and a liability on defense. His dynamic card is a different story though haha. I would of picked up AS Chris Paul instead. He's also a better shooter surprisingly. Mid is better and 3 ball is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seem to play pretty good defense with Curry. I am also better with his shot than I am with Paul.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #64
Pro

Here is my lineup after some changes over the weekend. I sold Curry and bought Lebron and CP3. I am now 4-1 in the 4th seed. I am happy with my starting lineup, but when I have to go to the bench, my scoring and rebounding drop big time. Any suggestions as to what to do? I have about 40k MT right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »