Home

How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP?

This is a discussion on How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacialJones
So I'm having a ton of trouble just staying in the 4th seed. I have a ton of cards I even changed my freelance from 4-1 motion to Triangle because of some great advice i got from IchiBaller. But its not like Im playing super teams. I'm using 5 amethyst and all golds. Just trying to get some use out of the many cards I have. But each time i make it into the seed i get worked. Transition kills me, Lamarcus kills my whole team on fast breaks, Dwight Howard gold plays 20 times better than Mikan or Sampson or DPOY ZO. I just dont what to do. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
So, in the Warriors @Hawks game yesterday, the dubs destroyed the Hawks in transition even after a basket is made. There's no way around it, speed matter a lot, and in a mode like myteam, where teams have little to no weakness, matters even more. One of you post players needs to be quick, and you must manually sprint with him back to you paint. Limit Transition still works, so set to limit transition and always run back with one of your bigs.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
this is a reason why seed 4 annoys me and I stick to friendly games and challenges most of the time. for me it's just a gamble getting a fair match-up against a seed 3/4 oppononent and hope not getting rekt buy a seed 1 god with ewing in his lineup.

@ QNo

anyway thanks for the tipp with the Hawks freelance. I'm going to try it out. I also wanted to try SamPhams Warriors freelance. Can you recommend it aswell?

I have the feeling im limited with pace motion offence and fist 4 cnr / 91 fist

The Hawks has more interesting branches, but go into scrimmage and really test that stuff out.

The Hawks just have one action that I dislike, where your shooting guard will make a cut and hide behind the defender. In that situation, what I found more successful was to dribble with the PG into the place where the cut is occurring and sometimes help defence with come and free that player.

@QNo how do you solve that? I'm pretty sure my solution is not the best.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #11
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I've had lots of success using the triangle in RTTP and I've beaten the 1st seed about 5 times now. The key is slowing the game down and limiting your mistakes and forcing the other team to commit lots of mistakes.

Working the low post has been great for me. And for the first time in My Team history, I can say that you are able to totally dominate on the defensive side of the ball.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #12
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I've had lots of success using the triangle in RTTP and I've beaten the 1st seed about 5 times now. The key is slowing the game down and limiting your mistakes and forcing the other team to commit lots of mistakes.

Working the low post has been great for me. And for the first time in My Team history, I can say that you are able to totally dominate on the defensive side of the ball.
interesting that you mention the defense. I had the thought of shifting my gameplan from 4-1 offense into a more defensive 3-2 alternative. i'm currently bidding on a malone to test it out.

edit: got him. decent deal for 740k. if I don't like him I just list him at 1 million

is the hawks playbook recommendable for actions with the PF?

Last edited by justlaze; 02-23-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
interesting that you mention the defense. I had the thought of shifting my gameplan from 4-1 offense into a more defensive 3-2 alternative. i'm currently bidding on a malone to test it out.

edit: got him. decent deal for 740k. if I don't like him I just list him at 1 million

is the hawks playbook recommendable for actions with the PF?
PS4?

I haven't tried the Hawks offense yet.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 02-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Yep PS4 - I like Malone so far. Setting up PnR and giving him cutters works really good. The idea building a defensive starting5 and playing 4-1 offense from the bench seems legit for me.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #15
Rookie

I actually completed the 4th seed using the triangle offense with the 96 bulls playbook. I had 3 defeats in total, 2 of them were from people who spammed the transition cheese like hell. The thing about the triangle offense is this - i love it, but it makes me hate 2k16 and my team. Yes, there are spacing issues but as long as you play smart, as long as you keep the ball moving at all times, as long as you are patient, it will reward you with great buckets. I especially like the blind pig option when a player cuts from the middle to the basket and gets the past from the pinch post, those are buckets always. And 4 out of my 5 guys on the court could post up, especially since i have DPOY Jordan in my lineup and he is just perfect for the triangle offense since he can post up and his fadeway and middy are money. I also had guys like Rick Barry and DPOY Leonard who can also post up with great success. As i said, if you have the right players (who can post up, who can pass, who can fill out multiple positions), if you know every branch of the triangle offense, if you have an advanced concept of basketball, this is a dream offense and it can give you great looks, even with the bad spacing when the ball is in the low post. I actually have no problem throwing the ball to the low post, the triangle action then has a guard giving a backdoor screen to the other guard so the center can throw him a pass even though the spacing is terrible and the entire area is crowded, i actually can get a backdoor cut, a pass and a bucket.

This is the main problem with the triangle offense - you work your butt of trying to find a great look, you milk the clock, you are patient, and you do score, then your opponent transition cheeses you and gets the bucket just because you forgot to run with your center. Multiple time. I swear to god, i played against a guy who was transition cheesing, zig zaging, hitting contested 3s, and won in the end, i wanted to break my ****ing controller.

So now i am rolling with a flow offense and i am using the Trailblazers playbook. I may switch to the Spurs one. When i get moments KAT i will switch to a 4 out 1 in motion Hawks offense or the Pace offense. Or i will just stick to Flow offense if i dont like it. The thing is, just pick an offense which suits you the most and the one you are having the most fun with it and just play on. Also, for defense, visit SamPhams channel. I already had my defensive scheme but i adjusted it after i watched some of his clips and i also learned how to stop transition cheese thanks to him. I do not copy everything that he does, he is most certainly not perfect in his ideas and he himself also innovates his games and changes his approach but it will help you understand this game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #16
QNo
MVP

I asked some people in the main forums about the Hawks offense about a month ago, since I'd been trying it and found it to be okay, but not as good as what I'd been running at that point. I got some great hints in this thread and in another that led to me using it a bunch more and getting good at it. I recommend this introduction by cardinalbird5 to start out, though he doesn't cover everything and hasn't quite mastered the offense himself (at least at the point of the video).

I still believe that a good playbook like the Wizards is ultimately better than any Freelance offense. This playbook in particular has very different types of plays, some of which are quite deceptive. nk141 runs these plays really well, but there are a few very good ones he doesn't cover, so don't be afraid to experiment. For me, the combination of a great playbook and a great freelance makes a deadly offense. I typically shoot 55-60%FG and around 50% from deep on 10 or so attempts, online, with mostly defense-minded lineups.

An additional benefit of both this offense and playbook is that most users haven't seen them before, so they don't quite know how to defend it. There are other great playbooks like the Mavs which I used at the start of 2k16, but since SamPham started releasing tutorials on it it felt like everybody decent I faced had already seen these plays. But most people only run fastbreaks and basic PnRs, so naturally people have gotten better at adjusting to those even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »