Home

How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP?

This is a discussion on How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP?

So I'm having a ton of trouble just staying in the 4th seed. I have a ton of cards I even changed my freelance from 4-1 motion to Triangle because of some great advice i got from IchiBaller. But its not like Im playing super teams. I'm using 5 amethyst and all golds. Just trying to get some use out of the many cards I have. But each time i make it into the seed i get worked. Transition kills me, Lamarcus kills my whole team on fast breaks, Dwight Howard gold plays 20 times better than Mikan or Sampson or DPOY ZO. I just dont what to do. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How are you guys doing in 4th seed RTTP?

Probably you just need to get better.

Sure there are cheesers but keep in mind that in seed 4 you play any opponent from seeds 4-1, but when you play vs seed 1-3 opponent, you play on a lower difficulty level which would give you advantage.

If people are abusing bad transition D (so LMA is scoring so many points in Fast break) try switching in 2-3 zone, with a fast center such as AD or DPOY Ben Wallace) and rush back after every shot/basket.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Sure there are cheesers but keep in mind that in seed 4 you play any opponent from seeds 4-1, but when you play vs seed 1-3 opponent, you play on a lower difficulty level which would give you advantage.
Are you sure about that? I thought that every game in RTTP is against a player in the same seed.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
QNo
MVP

I would really advise against using the Triangle online, unless you're a massive Triangle head. While it's one of the most detailed and 'sim' offenses to use, it's also not that great for online play. It requires a lot of precision which can be tough with lag issues. The spacing isn't great, which means that off-ballers and certain defenses will be able to collapse on you.

In my book, the best Freelance offense is the Hawks. It's a 4-1 Offense with great spacing and plenty of great actions, while being much more sim than just spamming PnRs all game. The best playbook I have seen and used is the Wizards, check nk141's YouTube channel for an introduction to it. Also, check out SamPham's channel, he provides tons of tips on both ends of the floor. I find some of his recommendations a little cheesy, e.g. the constant abuse of the Y/Triangle-cut feature, but there is a lot to be learned from him.

Last, post your full lineup so we can give you some advice on it.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaravel
Are you sure about that? I thought that every game in RTTP is against a player in the same seed.
no, its not. he is correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaravel
I don't believe this is the case.

When I was in seed 1, I played guys with no reward players (e.g Mullin or Hamilton) not even on bench, while their squad would make them required.

I also played another Greek PSN player so we talked and he was on a different seed than me.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I would really advise against using the Triangle online, unless you're a massive Triangle head. While it's one of the most detailed and 'sim' offenses to use, it's also not that great for online play. It requires a lot of precision which can be tough with lag issues. The spacing isn't great, which means that off-ballers and certain defenses will be able to collapse on you.

In my book, the best Freelance offense is the Hawks. It's a 4-1 Offense with great spacing and plenty of great actions, while being much more sim than just spamming PnRs all game. The best playbook I have seen and used is the Wizards, check nk141's YouTube channel for an introduction to it. Also, check out SamPham's channel, he provides tons of tips on both ends of the floor. I find some of his recommendations a little cheesy, e.g. the constant abuse of the Y/Triangle-cut feature, but there is a lot to be learned from him.

Last, post your full lineup so we can give you some advice on it.
I use the Hawks freelance and it's definitely the one that give me more solutions and paired with the Wizards playbook, it was the best combo I found.

I used the triangle a lot on PlayNowOnline and works perfectly for me, had no issues with it. Basically used the Knicks for most of the time and had pretty good results. The reason why I think it should be effective for you is because you're an extremely competent post player and also opens the weak side for two man game. But you need shooting. Also, I find more success in not using only one tactic. On RTTP I usually use a combination of Hawks, Swing and the Wizards Playbook.

SpacialJones, I believe you have two issues currently:
1 - on defence, your defensive settings are killing you. While many youtubers set the smother-deny settings, this is easily exploitable if you're not extremely aggressive on defence. While it's true that the games I've been losing are against smother-deny-offball and extremely aggressive defenders, really competent players doing this are still a minority.

2 - on offence, you need to stretch the floor more, independently of which freelance you use, you need a minimum of 3 players that can really shoot from 3, otherwise people will just sag off and protect the paint.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
no, its not. he is correct.
this is a reason why seed 4 annoys me and I stick to friendly games and challenges most of the time. for me it's just a gamble getting a fair match-up against a seed 3/4 oppononent and hope not getting rekt buy a seed 1 god with ewing in his lineup.

@ QNo

anyway thanks for the tipp with the Hawks freelance. I'm going to try it out. I also wanted to try SamPhams Warriors freelance. Can you recommend it aswell?

I have the feeling im limited with pace motion offense and fist 4 cnr / 91 fist

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »