Home

Gold Chris Mullin Tips

This is a discussion on Gold Chris Mullin Tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Gold Chris Mullin Tips

I picked up this little gem of a card in the auction house yesterday for a decent 14,950 MT and after playing a few games with him; I just can't seem to get into a rhythm with the guy. I equipped shoes on him to boost his moving shot mid rating to a 95 but I still can't really get him going offensively. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best playbooks and plays to run that can use him effectively? I like to run a freelance Pace offense that swings the ball around the court to get space for easy buckets and open shots. Granted, I first started using him for the Road to the Finals Spurs Challenge against LeBron and the Heat. Any plays I ran for him just had LeBron bully his way to him to get in Mullin's space and basically shut him down. Does anyone have any tips to use? His ratings suggest he can knock down any open mid range shot but with most small forwards being at least 6'8 or taller, I can't get him to the spots where he can lose his defender to knock down a good shot. Any suggestions?

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Gold Chris Mullin Tips

I have him as a back up on MyTeam, and I get most of his open shots in transition, and he's surprisingly good at finishing at the rim.

I also occasionally run Quick 23 plays for him, those are straight money.

I also call him over for pick & fades, and that's like takin' candy from a baby.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0

The best way to get a player going seems to be a wide open midrange or layups. I used the Reward Mullin a lot, complete stud. I've got a few plays for him that get him going and give him open looks in a hot zone. Since he's got Volume Shooter I'd start the game by calling a play or two for him to make sure he doesn't go cold. The Pace won't get you many midrange looks, mostly 3s. That's fine since you want to shoot more 3s than midrange jumpers anyway, just make sure you have a play or two to get him going.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

I've had success with Mullin in the Flow freelance offense (set to motion cuts).

Bring the ball to the top of the arc and you'll get the main action which has two off-ball screens to start -- one wing flares to the corner (often I'll pass to this option and see if the flare screen connects, then launch the corner 3; if not or they close out, then pass it back out or drive); while the other wing comes off a pin-down for a sometimes good look at an elbow 3. Mullin in either of these roles can often get good looks. Practice the freelance in offline scrimmage; you'll see that the pin-down wing branches into another flare screen which can be a 3 or a mid range depending on how you direct the pass.

Otherwise, look for plays that have floppy action and find him on kickouts/hockey assists after pick and rolls. Mullin will have 3 pt and Mid Range plays equipped, so it's a matter of testing out plays from there.

Last edited by Biaxident; 03-03-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah, he'd kill with these type plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident

Otherwise, look for plays that have floppy action and find him on kickouts/hockey assists after pick and rolls. Mullin will have 3 pt and Mid Range plays equipped, so it's a matter of testing out plays from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give it a look in my next game. He replaced my Kahwi Leonard which I mainly used to shut down any 3 from getting hot. Just got to modify my offense to use Mullin more.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Old 03-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
Banned

Badges badges badges. I had trouble with him before putting badges on him. Now I get greens all day. Microwave would be the best start. Once you get his shot down, fools will be wishing they were a white boy with a flattop.

Speed shoe is crucial. For offense and defense.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »