Home

Diamond T-Mac Anticipation Thread

This is a discussion on Diamond T-Mac Anticipation Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond T-Mac Anticipation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
The situation is about like it was when it started yesterday. He has 4 cards up on the AH and none of them have a BIN price. One is up for 910k bid and the other 3 at a million.
I think this is due to people not buying packs....and like I said, I dont see a reason to buy packs this weekend really. All you would be doing is buying for a chance to get T-Mac....which is odds probably arent terrible but if you dont get him, you spend more on packs than the return value.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
@kabamaru

again, just all subjective opinions. I just think when you measure you have to take all things in account. when you mention the Ewings and Millers, they had all-star caliber players around them as well as depth, Smits/Jackson, Starks/Mason.....etc...those guys made All Star teams around the time they played with those guys if not AFTER. the Billups led Pistons didnt really have a star but they were deep af, they had guys who had tremendous careers like Sheed, Rip, Big Ben....you seriously cant compare them to anything T-Mac played with on a healthy scale because some people mention Sheed and Ben in HOF conversation. I mean T-Mac's best teammate at times was guys like Darrell Armstrong. If any of T-Mac's teammates made All Star teams or played at All Star level, it was BEFORE they played with him, like Juwan Howard or Dikembe.

sorry, I love to debate basketball and boxing. didnt mean to turn this into that type of debate. just when I see Kyrie with 97 card, smh, if anyone deserves fantasy cards its the legends of the game.
No debate here. It is true that 2k favors current players over legends.

Current Kawhi is better than TBT Paul Pierce or Dominique? I highly doubt it.

I can understand the reasons though. 2k does not really care about 35guys old like me or even older. We are not as many kiddos around playing the game, plus due to our obligations will be difficult to spend a lot of money on it.

2k and especially MyTeam wants to address their core clients. These guys can not imagine what players played the game.

Also in A.I case. I do understand that 06 was his best stat year. But what he DID in 01 to me is unmatchable. He played ALL against 1. If there is ONE year he deserved a diamond should be 01. Moments AI of the first finals against lakers.

I was watching that game live... That step over Lue...
Old 04-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
No debate here. It is true that 2k favors current players over legends.

Current Kawhi is better than TBT Paul Pierce or Dominique? I highly doubt it.

I can understand the reasons though. 2k does not really care about 35guys old like me or even older. We are not as many kiddos around playing the game, plus due to our obligations will be difficult to spend a lot of money on it.

2k and especially MyTeam wants to address their core clients. These guys can not imagine what players played the game.

Also in A.I case. I do understand that 06 was his best stat year. But what he DID in 01 to me is unmatchable. He played ALL against 1. If there is ONE year he deserved a diamond should be 01. Moments AI of the first finals against lakers.

I was watching that game live... That step over Lue...
thats what I take issue with. I dont mind hyping up todays stars, thats a must to perpetuate the game. also, NBA has always been a hype machine, ever since they almost went out of business before Magic and Bird brought it back then MJ solidified it. I just think you can throw in some nice legend cards. there have been a few like ASG, DPOY, etc...but as I stated before, some players arent in those packs that should get some better looks in this game. regardless of how good we think T-Mac and A.I. were, they were wildly popular, then and still today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
T-Mac had the capabilities of an elite defender, but because he was the only person capable of scoring,so he conserved his energy on that end.

I agree that Clyde gets the short end of the stick, he was an amazing player and much better than his 2k ratings.

While Wade was amazing, he didn't have the talent of T-Mac. Wade is a better leader and smarter when it came to preserving his body. He also benefited from having Pat Riley. I do believe that Wade deserves a 96 card though, he had an incredible 09 season and unbelievable playoff run in 06 with Shaq.

T-Mac was once in a lifetime talent. His coaches, GM let him down. They could have done so much more to teach him about preserving his body and putting better players around him. Paul Pierce once said that he wished he knew how important it was to take care of his body when he was young. Lamented the fact that he didn't.
I agree about Wade 96 card, I was saying we were lucky he won ASG MVP or we wouldnt have that! the crazy thing is Wade is still playing and if not for that he would get the short end. Overall, I really think 2k needs to put a lot more thought into a) what versions/cards get release b) sequence of release c) more accurate stats for the "real" cards.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #77
MVP

also, I have a rule, I dont use fantasy cards in this game. if I buy one its to flip. In the past week I have bought Oscar, Bird, and Wilt. I did have Melo and he is sweet to play with and much less of a "fantasy" than Brandon Jennings. I just dont have much interest in playing with them as it takes away from the realistic feel which is huge for me.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
first, the Kobe card is a fantasy card. if you talking criteria does it matter that he did it against Raptors? likewise when David Robinson cheesed his way to scoring title against hapless Clippers while Shaq had like 50 points thru 3 quarters and was benched the entire 4th in their last reg season games that year?

again, you are going against what you are actually saying. were talking fantasy here and kemba has a card better than any gervin card. of course Magic, and MJ are gonna have great cards. but why J.R. better than any Drexler? so there are no rules to fantasy and no one is entitled to one more than someone else in my eyes. and for god sakes, there is no HOF scale so that shouldnt be in the topic at all. Kyrie has better card than Isiah or Kidd. so damn right if you gonna do cards like that, why cant T-Mac have a fantasy card thats above 96? thats all I am saying. also, I dont think I said (maybe I did) that this 96 card should be better but meant to say he kinda got shortchanged with all the fantasy cards being rated as high as him and its crazy that they have Moments and TBT but nothing for guys who are retired. Legends just tend to take a back seat in 2k. No right or wrong in this thread, just opinions.
I definitely agree with you, and we can all agree that these fantasy cards have no place in the game. If we're going to use a 50 point club system they should just have good scoring stats and fall into a 88-91 range, not fall into elite company. I'm just saying if you're wanting to bump T-Mac up to a 98, you have to bump several other players up as well, because he just can't fall as the second best player in the game. I do understand though that it's hard to rate these cards with the scale they have in place. All of these fantasy cards are 96, but then the all-time greats like wilt, Larry, lebron, etc are 97..... so where does he go?? It's a slippery slope, and it just highlights the mess 2k has made.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
I definitely agree with you, and we can all agree that these fantasy cards have no place in the game. If we're going to use a 50 point club system they should just have good scoring stats and fall into a 88-91 range, not fall into elite company. I'm just saying if you're wanting to bump T-Mac up to a 98, you have to bump several other players up as well, because he just can't fall as the second best player in the game. I do understand though that it's hard to rate these cards with the scale they have in place. All of these fantasy cards are 96, but then the all-time greats like wilt, Larry, lebron, etc are 97..... so where does he go?? It's a slippery slope, and it just highlights the mess 2k has made.
if I said 98, I dont mean he needs to be the 2nd best player in the game. the ratings in 2k dont necessarily mean that. I think we get wrapped up in that. last year, Dr. J was 99 overall but he had more total attributes than ANY card in the game. looking at it from that perspective, he was the best card in the game last year. the attributes combined with player models and their positions really determine how good they are. actually, kemba, j.r., jennings are not that great when it comes to Diamonds, just certain attributes to get them to that level. but Dirk is 1 point less than MJ and Hakeem. his attributes are huge too, he basically is the best offensive Dirk mixed with Hakeem/Bill Russell like defense, lol. so if anyone has issue with someone getting "close" to MJ, Magic. look no further than Dirk and Kyrie cards. also...where is Diamond T-Ross or Mo Williams?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
I agree about Wade 96 card, I was saying we were lucky he won ASG MVP or we wouldnt have that! the crazy thing is Wade is still playing and if not for that he would get the short end. Overall, I really think 2k needs to put a lot more thought into a) what versions/cards get release b) sequence of release c) more accurate stats for the "real" cards.
I agree. 2k should really consider their release schedule. Always have the best version of popular players available. Not release players like Ty lawson that no one really wanted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »