Home

TBT Vince Carter

This is a discussion on TBT Vince Carter within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TBT Vince Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxior
HAHA that's you all who are salivating all over that waste of money. Jelly I am not, trust me, presume too much. Just saying that the lineup is anything BUT small, I'm sure you'll agree. And yes that five is ultimate cheesers dream.

That Magic would be fun to mess around with, the rest can be replaced with with cheap versions and trust me you would not feel any difference if you're decent at this game.

Before you critique someone’s lineup NAME…why don’t you do some research first. Small ball is a concept and not related only to height.Small ball is a style of play used by a team that sacrifices height, physical strength and low post offense/defense in favor of a lineup of smaller players for speed, agility and increased scoring (often from the three-point line).

Anyone can be good at this game with decent players and no one is going to argue that, but there is a huge difference in how top players perform in the game. If you have never used top players then you can’t say that.It’s like anything else in life, people that drive a Ford think it’s the best car in the world until they drive a Bentley.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #34
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09

Before you critique someone’s lineup NAME…why don’t you do some research first. Small ball is a concept and not related only to height.Small ball is a style of play used by a team that sacrifices height, physical strength and low post offense/defense in favor of a lineup of smaller players for speed, agility and increased scoring (often from the three-point line).

Anyone can be good at this game with decent players and no one is going to argue that, but there is a huge difference in how top players perform in the game. If you have never used top players then you can’t say that.It’s like anything else in life, people that drive a Ford think it’s the best car in the world until they drive a Bentley.
Yes and this lineup doesn't sacrifice in any area. And again you presume too much, i used all of those players, so I know what I'm talking about.

Jeez yall a hostile bunch aren't you.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Yes and this lineup doesn't sacrifice in any area. And again you presume too much, i used all of those players, so I know what I'm talking about.

Jeez yall a hostile bunch aren't you.

It lacks interior defense, strength and rebounding. Typical strengths of a half court offense. I don't presume too much. You presume that we are all hostile lol. I'm simply responding to a comment you made about me calling my team small ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
It lacks interior defense, strength and rebounding. Typical strengths of a half court offense. I don't presume too much. You presume that we are all hostile lol. I'm simply responding to a comment you made about me calling my team small ball.
Magic and PG are 6'9 guys with elite inside out D, your version of dirk is an absolute beast and plays way above ratings on D, wings are both elite too. Super team, but small ball it is not, cmon.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Magic and PG are 6'9 guys with elite inside out D, your version of dirk is an absolute beast and plays way above ratings on D, wings are both elite too. Super team, but small ball it is not, cmon.
PG is not an elite interior defender with a rating of 65 and Dirk has 35 lateral quickness. Truly great interior defense.

Last edited by Danbuc09; 03-12-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Regardless of player's height and defensive strengths.. Just the fact of running a SG at SF, a SF (who initally was a SG when he came into the league) at PF, and a PF at C, makes it a small ball lineup by definition.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #39
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Regardless of player's height and defensive strengths.. Just the fact of running a SG at SF, a SF (who initally was a SG when he came into the league) at PF, and a PF at C, makes it a small ball lineup by definition.
When they came into this league? Cmon lol

Ok agree to disagree situation imo. I'm done.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Not trying to pile into the argument that's going on here but I'd say your lineup is a fusion of things. Not really small ball because Diamond Dirk is over 7 foot and this incarnation is very strong defensively and in rebounding so all you sacrifice at 5 is Strength. And Dirk's not fast, even got a Center. And you're big at PG.

That said, you're small at PF. And the whole squad can bomb from outside.

If you had a stretchier 4 at 5, with whom you sacrifice height to get speed and outside shooting, then I think it'd be a "true" small ball lineup, Magic notwithstanding.

But it's ultimately it's just semantics.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »