Home

TBT LeBron James

This is a discussion on TBT LeBron James within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
TBT LeBron James

Who's used him any early reviews or thoughts? How much nicer than has current card?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: TBT LeBron James

I picked him up today, hopefully gonna be able to try him out tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

So as I said, I picked him up on Thursday for 300k on PC. I didn't add any badges or anything to him and was going to sell him because the only other ones were already up at 700k+. But then I spotted a fully badged out one for 500k, no badges added, either. So I snagged that one, I'll obviously sell the unbadged one soon.

I used him in a few challenge games and one RTTP game so far. The RTTP statline he just posted was indicative of what you're going to get from this card: 19 Pts, 6 Reb, 7 As on 8/11 FG, 1/2 from deep, 2/4 from the FT line. With a speed shoe he's got 97 speed, 86 Accel, 97 Vert, 84 Strength, 98 Driving Layup and Dunk. While the regular Bron is already a great finisher, this version is completely insane. He definitely has some new flashy dunk animations and triggered a lot of the good dunk animations in traffic. I was up against Dynamic Paul George, a good defender who simply wasn't up for the task.

LBJ's shot is very much improved, with his shot gather being much quicker than the current's, too. He also has the hot/cold zones from last year - both corners and the top left as hot zones, with the top right being cold. If you want to iso with this card do it from the left (some more hotzones) vs the right (somemore coldzones in the midrange).

I only called 2 or 3 plays for LBJ in that game, a lot of this happened on the break and within the Hawks freelance. My opponent was one of the typical RTTP players who has the R2 button taped down. Doing so is more convenient since he would never let go of it anyway. He was trying to get an inbound steal after a made basket every time so it was quite easy to drive past his Curry with my John Wall and play 5v4. So this game didn't require a sophisticated offense.

I've been using the regular LBJ for months and have always been a big believer in this card since it can do absolutely everything. From what I can tell so far, skinny LeBron is much improved. The biggest downsides are his freethrow (69) and the fact that you can't have the regular LeBron on the bench anymore if you use him.

Last edited by QNo; 03-12-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Thanks for the review q you make me really want to get him. If you remember I had DR LeBron and flipped him for KD due to him not being able to shoot. I'm clinging to the the 1 seed right now hoping to restart it for another crack at it. I'm missing his defense for sure wondering if he can get me over the top.

In terms of offense/defense prob the best non diamond SF currently? Also does anybody know if I play as the old Cavs team in play now is it the same LeBron James as this TBT?

Last edited by P234thetruth; 03-13-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:50 PM   #5
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

I want him bad...saw him up earlier for 280k but i only have 250k

@QNo you should hook me up with your badge less one

Edit: Nvm I see you're on PC. I'm on XB1.

Last edited by ClevelandFan; 03-13-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Thanks for the review q you make me really want to get him. If you remember I had DR LeBron and flipped him for KD due to him not being able to shoot. I'm clinging to the the 1 seed right now hoping to restart it for another crack at it. I'm missing his defense for sure wondering if he can get me over the top.

In terms of offense/defense prob the best non diamond SF currently? Also does anybody know if I play as the old Cavs team in play now is it the same LeBron James as this TBT?
I would say that Artest is the best defensive SF in the game, then it's LBJ and Kawhi. DR Kawhi is the only other SF that's an elite 2-way player and a better shooter than LeBron, you can consider him. But the latter has much better finishing and playmaking.

I think that the PNO LBJ is the same, except that his badges aren't all Gold.

TBT Vince is probably better on offense than LBJ, but doesn't offer more than average defense.

Last edited by QNo; 03-13-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I would say that Artest is the best defensive SF in the game, then it's LBJ and Kawhi. DR Kawhi is the only other SF that's an elite 2-way player and a better shooter than LeBron, you can consider him. But the latter has much better finishing and playmaking.

I think that the PNO LBJ is the same, except that his badges aren't all Gold.

TBT Vince is probably better on offense than LBJ, but doesn't offer more than average defense.
Good stuff have to agree with that. Do you guys think he's worth paying 350k for or do you think he'll drop below that maybe next week when there's more TBT openings? Or you think he'll actually go up?
Old 03-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Someone hook me up!

XB1. 250k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »