Home

2k myths or facts?

This is a discussion on 2k myths or facts? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k myths or facts?

So i have noticed this a few times now and some streamers have also casually mentioned this:

Does 2k randomly buy players or cards from AH to keep the flow of MT going so players can repour that MT into circulation by buying packs or whatever? I put up a TBT Hedo on the AH for 6k and there are plenty of them under 3k. why would someone buy that? Not the first time i have noticed this, also happened with Melo earlier where my asking price was much higher than what a lot of them were going for at the time.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 2k myths or facts?

I think it has to do with people buying cards without having specific filters set for only that player, tier, year, etc. I have sold some cards above the average price as well and I think the buyer never searched for the player and card type specifically. For example, if you search kevin love, you will see all his currents come up and the odd dynamic thrown in here and there. If my DR love was the first the person saw and bought it for 15k where if they searched for DR love specifically they would have seen many going for 7-10k.

I am not sure about that conspiracy theory. Especially on ps4, 2k has a large enough member base playing the game that they don't need to interfere with the market. When I played FUT you could see at any given time there were 1million + transfers at a time on the ps4. At my friends house on his xbox there were usually around 750k transfers. If 2k has the kind of numbers like FUT has then surely there are enough people playing.

I could only see it possible for potential market interference on platforms like PC where the community may not be as large. Even then, that's sketchy.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Yea thats probably more likely. Guess no more undercutting for me haha
Old 03-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Rookie

I've noticed some odd things too. Yesterday I sniped a diamond Malone for 200k, put him up for 350k with only one other Malone on the market being priced at 550k (both with 22 gold badges). To my surprise the other Malone was purchased before mine? I found it very odd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »