Home

Rewards Clyde Drexler vs TBT Vince Carter

This is a discussion on Rewards Clyde Drexler vs TBT Vince Carter within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Rewards Clyde Drexler vs TBT Vince Carter

I'm very curious how they stack up against one another. They seem somewhat similar but Vince is quicker and a little better three ball. Does anybody own both, is Vince worth the 350-400k if we've already got Clyde? Clyde is soooo good at finishing just deadly is Vince even better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 05:55 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Rewards Clyde Drexler vs TBT Vince Carter

Haven't used any, so I will do a default comment.

All the upgrades in these cards are marginal.

TBT LBJ is marginally better than Current LBJ

Moments Klay is Marginally better than Gold Klay

Current KD is marginally better than Melo and Kawhi is poor man's Lebron etc.

That being said, to me NO card deserves to be paid for over 100K if you need to spend real money to get those.

Huge cost of these cards is not driven by actual ability, but by rarity and hype.

If you have MT available, go ahead.

Stats wise (MT aside) Vince seems to be the best offensive card of the game as he combines excellent shooting with trmendous slashing abilities
Old 03-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

I do have both and yes clyde is pretty good but the speed difference is pretty huge imo. Vince has 94 speed, 95 accel and clyde has 78 speed and 75 accel. That is very noticeable in any game whether it be online or offline. Standing shot 3 for Vince is 90 vs 81 for Clyde. Both can make it obv but that is a decent upgrade over clyde.

Now that being said, Clyde is a reward card so only requires effort to obtain vs 350-400k for Vince. So, do you absolutely have to have Vince? I dont think so. But yes he is a beast card to use no doubt about it. I pulled him in a pack and even though i have been using him, i cant say that i havent thought about selling him. Thats a lot of MT for one player but he is mad fun to use.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
Pro

It depends how much you like Vince. 350k is a lot for a player but for me it was a no brainer. Growing up in Toronto, idolizing Vince, he is the most influential player for creating my love for basketball.

In 2k this year he has a lot of strengths on offense. His jumpshot is wet af, he is lightning quick, his dunk animations are jaw dropping, and his signature size ups are better than I could have imagined. Oh, and his defensive rebounds are out of this world, 99 vertical is deadly. However, he has a few weaknesses. His strength attribute is disturbingly low, and although he is not a liability on defense, he is no Ron Artest.

Some games I have gone off with him: 20 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, on 7/10 shooting are realistic stat lines for him. With that in mind, I like to run my offense through everybody and move the ball a lot with my starting unit. I had a game the other day where Tmac was 6/6 in the first half, Dirk had 16, Hakeem had 12, and Nash had 8 all before half time. When my opponent rage quit I was 0/0 with Vince. Everybody was playing so well he just didn't even take a shot. For games like that it is better for me to throw Artest in at the 3 spot and get that boost on D because everybody else is scoring with ease on offense.

Simply put, Clyde will provide you will a more conservative and balanced game, but he won't be as fun. If you like Vince, pick him up and enjoy the best VC card 2k has ever put out. Otherwise, save your MT, use Clyde, and pickup someone else that you like more.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Good points guys defense does seem underwhelming a bit but he prob more than makes up for it on the other end. I guess it wouldn't be worth 400k plus but under 300 maybe I'll think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »