Home

Amethyst Greek Freak

This is a discussion on Amethyst Greek Freak within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Amethyst Greek Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
every Melo and KD card have elite BC. so does Diamond PG13. AK47 has better BC than LBJ by a point. its absurd considering in the Finals his usage and ballhandling was through the roof. no way he could do that with mediocre BC IRL. I also liked in past versions when they had Strong Hand/Off-Hand Dribbling stats instead of lumping together. I am not one to justify the price of a high *** card, but if you really need to play LBJ like you want him to play IRL, TBT is worth it just for the BC alone.
Too many people complained last year about LBJ playing PG and do huge amount of baseline dunks. So they wanted to fix this. How did they do? By lowering his ball control. lol

This is making me believe that next year Westbrook speed will be at the 80's to stop the halfcourt inbound turbo. Lol
Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Too many people complained last year about LBJ playing PG and do huge amount of baseline dunks. So they wanted to fix this. How did they do? By lowering his ball control. lol

This is making me believe that next year Westbrook speed will be at the 80's to stop the halfcourt inbound turbo. Lol
lowering LBJ BC while giving Melo and KD elite BC was just plain thoughtless and ridiculous.

this Greek Freak card should be a PG likely but you cant really cheese with him because his BC isnt great and lateral quickness not up to par.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:55 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
lowering LBJ BC while giving Melo and KD elite BC was just plain thoughtless and ridiculous.

this Greek Freak card should be a PG likely but you cant really cheese with him because his BC isnt great and lateral quickness not up to par.
Regarding Giannis, his ball control ratings are really dissapointing.

He was playing PG also in Filathlitikos in Greece, so it is not like Kidd invented the wheel and plays him out of position. Back then he wasn't THAT tall though.

He has much better ball control and passing skills than his ratings suggest.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Defensively at PG he can wreak havoc. He's almost 7ft. Even if PGs get a step on him, he can still block them from behind or contest the shot. Again, I wouldn't buy him but he does provide flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Regarding Giannis, his ball control ratings are really dissapointing.

He was playing PG also in Filathlitikos in Greece, so it is not like Kidd invented the wheel and plays him out of position. Back then he wasn't THAT tall though.

He has much better ball control and passing skills than his ratings suggest.
yes, you know tho..when 2k makes a card they just boost certain stats that are obvious. I am not sure what metric they use to measure BC. has to be a combination but I would think turnovers should weigh heavy. I dont think it should be a huge boost when comparing to some other PGs in the league but I think it needs to be in the low 80's. 81-83 would be fine IMO. but then again, it would be an injustice to LBJ who should really be between 85-88 if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #22
MVP

In terms of the cards themselves, they're both underwhelming. But in terms of MyTeam as an ecosystem, it's nice to see 2K make interesting versions of a player that could fulfill a niche role and/or would be a really nice option for big fans of the players, but which are not going to disrupt with the balance and scale of the game, insofar as player ratings and performance go.

The Barnes card is kind of funny as he's generally considered to be a middling sort of 3-and-D guy, with more D than 3. This card is high 3, little D. And he's on the slower side, so I would always play Current Klay over this Moments Gold Barnes. All the Barnes gives you is better rebounding, strength, and passing. But Klay is better at range, way better at midrange, and drastically better at defense. And has Closer.

The Giannis card should be faster, but still pretty interesting because of his flexibility on the defensive end. Fast and high Lat Quick for his height and length, very good Shot Contest and solid Block. And while he can't shoot threes, he is high level at midrange with 98 Off Consistency. And, of course, can finish hard at the rim and also has really high Draw Foul.

Then throw in his very high passing ratings for his size. If he ends up going for cheap, I'd get him just to see how he can fit into things. Seems like a very fun, totally unique mix of attributes.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #23
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

While I "get" the concept behind Moments cards, I really hate how they go ahead and release stuff like an 89 overall Matt Barnes. I mean seriously, they should just add a bunch of free gold badges to the card and boost them by a couple of points... to see him higher rated than the likes of Klay, Aldridge, Kawhi etc. is just stupid.

Really wished 2K had stuck to the supposed "all time" rankings scale they were originally trumpeting, but that went out the window long ago...
Old 03-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
While I "get" the concept behind Moments cards, I really hate how they go ahead and release stuff like an 89 overall Matt Barnes. I mean seriously, they should just add a bunch of free gold badges to the card and boost them by a couple of points... to see him higher rated than the likes of Klay, Aldridge, Kawhi etc. is just stupid.
I actually don't mind the approach, this time. I don't care all that much about relative consistency of OVR ratings of the 2K cards and perceived quality of the real-life players, much less the idea that Card A should be higher than Card B because the real-life counterpart is better. Especially when there is a special edition of the card, like this Moments Barnes.

What I don't like is the really outlandishly pumped up cards, like the Diamond TBT's we all know and hate.

But, otherwise, so long as a card is not obviously a stand-out card, then I don't care that much. Especially if it's a Gold, because it's a tier with a finite limit of 89. I wouldn't play this Moments Gold Barnes ahead of Current Klay, Rewards Allen, Current Butler, or Current/DPOY Kawhi, even if it's rated higher than all of them, by OVR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »