Home

MVP packs discussion

This is a discussion on MVP packs discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #57
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MVP packs discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
I decided to get another box and got mvp durant and iverson. I'm a try them in freestyle and see if either is worth keeping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats man you'll prob like that Durant lots of green lights
Old 03-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #58
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Congrats man you'll prob like that Durant lots of green lights

Think he is worth keeping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
no market tho...packs obviously lit af. I didnt even bother to open packs. Amethysts are going for 10k now. surprising that MVP Pettit is going for less than Historic.
Not looking to sell them. They are upgrades on my team.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:49 PM   #60
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Think he is worth keeping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll see how he does in rttp but I'm liking it so far especially if the value keeps dropping prob better off keeping. He's better than his current which isn't bad in every way
Old 03-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #61
Pro

Yay somebody bought my AD for 700k. I now have over a million MT and enough for MJ. Now I'm going to wait a little while and see if there is a significant drop. There is one for 970k BIN price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #62
MVP

I had some MT and I bought 2 boxes which resulted to 4 MVPs.

Malone, Reed, Gilmore and D-Rose. I wanted to have D-Rose after the first few days of the game when I realized how important speed is for the game (was using wall for most part). I was certain that since this was the first day of release he would go for more than 250k.

I was shocked to see he was going for 120. I put him for sale at 90-110 cause I was certain tomorrow will be even cheaper, but didn't manage to sell him since everything is crashing. I sold the others for appx 30-35 each.

I think it is not even worth to spend money on MVP packs now. even if you get one amethyst (very possible) he probably costs less by the pack itself. Another issues is that all these players are unbadged ( fully badging can cost up to 80k for a perimeter player) plus most of them have really few badges and mental badges.

I believe the most clever thing to do is search previous expensive players. I saw a 39 gold badged TBT Lebron for 170. I am pretty sure that he is really similar to the diamond that goes for 1 mm. I bought fully badged Rockets-Tmac and fully badged TBT Superman for less than 70k combined.

Look for badged players. Badging a player up costs more than the player itself
Old 03-18-2016, 10:32 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Look for badged players. Badging a player up costs more than the player itself
Badges are dirt cheap as well. I've been selling them all day. The most your getting for a good badge is 2.5k.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #64
Pro

So far I have played with Durant and Rose. I am pleasantly surprised by both of them!

For KD, I never played with his all star card, but this MVP version plays phenomenal. He doesn't really have any holes in his game. His defense and rebounding is good enough for SF, I added perimeter lockdown, post lockdown, and eraser badges and its helping. His offense is great, the game just comes really easy to him.

Rose is finishing contact layups like no other. It is a small sample size, but so far his finishing ability is really great. He can go up for a layup right into the opposing centre and hit it with contact, unlike Tmac, Vince, and Lebron who will often miss those. His dribbling and playmaking is great too, his size is nice, he can rebound, defend, and doesn't get bullied. So far his mid range has been beautiful off of the catch and shoot, I haven't really taken any dribble pullups in game yet. Also, I have yet to attempt a 3pointer with him, but don't really feel the need.

All in all, paying 99k for D Rose and pulling KD from a pack, the 2 are making really great contributions to my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »